Dual screen question

MattCV27
Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

I have recently upgraded from a gt 610 to a gtx 750. I was wondering if i can have my 750 run my main display, but have my 610 run a different display for just web browsing, etc. If so, how would I set that up?

literally plug it in

that's it

plug your main display into the 750 and your secondary display into the 610

I have recently upgraded from a gt 610 to a gtx 750. I was wondering if i can have my 750 run my main display, but have my 610 run a different display for just web browsing, etc. If so, how would I set that up?

Hmm...I don't see why not. As long as you've got the room and enough PCIe 16x/8x slots.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

You mean have both in the same computer? Not possible. Although the 750 will be able to run both depending on what you're doing

literally plug it in

that's it

plug your main display into the 750 and your secondary display into the 610

You mean have both in the same computer? Not possible. Although the 750 will be able to run both depending on what you're doing

Where have you been mate? Of course it's possible. :huh:

Are you thinking of CPUs?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Question: Why not use the GTX 750 to run both monitors? They generally have Dual DVI outputs, so you should be able to run them both.

If for whatever reason you can't, or don't want to run both off the 750, then sure. Just install both video cards and you're good to go.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

As long as the poster has 2 slots available its completely possible.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

I've done this same thing on my wife's pc with her R9 270 and an old HD 6450. Honestly, there's no benefit to it, other'n making your case look fuller and putting old hardware to marginal use. With games running on the 270, and everything from Facebook flash games to netflix, the 6450 had a 30% load on it. But removing it & doing the same thing with only the 270, bumped it's load by about 2%.

Modern hardware has enough power that the Windows UI & anything in it hardly touches the GPU.

Better off trying to sell the old card to someone in desperate need of something cheap.

As long as the poster has 2 slots available its completely possible.

Where have you been mate? Of course it's possible. :huh:

Are you thinking of CPUs?

I am an idiot xD

I was thinking of SLI for some reason O.o