HDMI not working?

Stanturbo

I'm using a VGA cable to connect my monitor to my PC, but since I have an HDMI cable, I wanted to use that instead (both my monitor and my PC have HDMI ports). However, when I tried connecting the two, it wouldn't work. My monitor would recognize my PC being plugged in (the screen remained black). Is there something wrong with what I'm doing? or is there a problem with the cable?

I'm using a VGA cable to connect my monitor to my PC, but since I have an HDMI cable, I wanted to use that instead (both my monitor and my PC have HDMI ports). However, when I tried connecting the two, it wouldn't work. My monitor would recognize my PC being plugged in (the screen remained black). Is there something wrong with what I'm doing? or is there a problem with the cable?

Are you connecting the display cables to a dedicated GPU or using integrated graphics and connecting it via the motherboard.

Are you connecting the display cables to a dedicated GPU or using integrated graphics and connecting it via the motherboard.

The latter: I'm using an APU, so it's from my motherboard.

The latter: I'm using an APU, so it's from my motherboard.

Make sure all display drivers are up to date and installed first, and try testing the HDMI cable by using it on the TV or something else to make sure it's functioning properly.