Do I need more than 2 case fans?

Soaked
Go to solution Solved by Tim Drake,

Could I just connect one of them to my 2nd CPU fan connector? lol

I really don't want to go out and spend another $5

Yes but it will adjust the same as your CPU. So it won't help with cooling your case after intense gaming sessions.

Your CPU is hot, fan speeds up.

CPU load is low, fan speed is low.

Do I need more than 2 case fans? I have 2 already from my 200R case (1 for intake/1 for exhaust) and since I was worried about my R9 290x I bought 2 bequiet! 140mm pure wings 2 but I can't use both since I only have 1 case fan connector left. I want to return the 2 pure wings so I can save $25 but I'm not sure if I actually should keep them or not since I don't want my system to overheat or anything lol.

Motherboard Connectors/Config:

- 2 x CPU Fan Connectors (1 x 4-pin, 1 x 3-pin) Currently using 1st connector for EVO 212 (fan above ram) Standard Setting

- 2 x Chassis (Case) Fan Connectors (2 x 4-pin) Currently using 2nd connector for front intake @ 2000 RPM Standard Setting 
- 1 x Power Fan Connector (3-pin) Currently using as my rear exhaust @1000-1500RPM Standard Setting

Build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (Purchased For $235.00) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $50.00) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 290X 4GB DirectCU II Video Card  (Purchased For $300.00) 
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $54.00) 
Power Supply: EVGA 600B 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $30.00) 
Total: $854.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-19 16:57 EST-0500

Thank you!

Just pick up a fan splitter for them.

Yes, you can.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yes but it will adjust the same as your CPU. So it won't help with cooling your case after intense gaming sessions.

Yes, you can.

Thanks, I think I'll go with that. Though I still don't know if they're necessary/will make a big difference or not

Thanks, I think I'll go with that. Though I still don't know if they're necessary/will make a big difference or not

My advice is use it to help your CPU cooler so have it near your CPU or pulling/blowing hot air from/away your CPU as it will work with the CPU fan.

more fans are always better (depends on the quality) because you can lower each fans rpm if you got more of them ;)

btw the hottest part in your rig will amost always be the gpu ;)

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

more fans are always better (depends on the quality) because you can lower each fans rpm if you got more of them ;)

btw the hottest part in your rig will amost always be the gpu ;)

Well the case with the best air cooling on the market has 2 fans.

Granted, they are very large, but still.

(Talking about ft05 BTW)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Well the case with the best air cooling on the market has 2 fans.

Granted, they are very large, but still.

(Talking about ft05 BTW)

the case with the best air cooling is any case without side, top and frontpanels assembled ;P (mines standing around like this until i am able to switch to a full loop, which means itll be like this until volta/pascal)

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

the case with the best air cooling is any case without side, top and frontpanels assembled ;P (mines standing around like this until i am able to switch to a full loop, which means itll be like this until volta/pascal)

That is not true. Ft05, along with most cases with good airflow, perform better than open air

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."