Triple monitor display vs ultra-widescreen

thatguyyouknow75

3 monitors would be nicer imo. Better for multitasking too. If you want to splurge, you can get 3 ultra widescreens and have the best of both worlds

What GPU do you have?

Your GPU should have enough power to drive the three monitors.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

i'd prefer to get 3 screens, better at multitasking 

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

atm i have ultra + HD . best for me as i don't like to game on 3 screens but i like the 21:9 to game and use the normal 16:9 for multitasking don't see me using a 3rd screen.even on my 21:9 there is normally lots of unused space 

Needs Update

I would personally see Ultrawide's not replacing triple display setups. They are more to replace a dual monitor setup.

Or if you need a secondary monitor. Ultrawide + a single 16:9/10. Maybe in portrait or something.

What I recommend is that you go to where you want to put it and start measuring things out. I went from wanting a triple monitor setup to an ultra wide back to a triple and now I'm looking at a single 27' 144hz Benq. All this stems from me sitting in front of my desk with a tape measure.

Current build in progress http://pcpartpicker.com/p/b8FPcf

I would get 3. I love gaming on three, zero issues. You can multi task like a boss too. That's one of the greatest perks for me. Being able to monitor a million things at once. Even if I had an ultra wide, I would still most likely have a 2 or three monitors just for that.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

If you do ACTUAL work you dont want 3 monitors, you want about 5-6.

If you are another child who occasionally uploads a gameplay video and calls that productivity - you dont need multimonitor setups.

For most people who dont earn a living by editing digital crap, id suggest a big 21:9 monitor. That way you get double 4:3 monitors for your office needs.

And no bezelfinity picturestreach setup beats 21:9 in games. Anyone who actually has experience here will say the same.

If you want to splurge, you can get 3 ultra widescreens and have the best of both worlds.

That would be one hell of a splurge! :o

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator