Mountain Mods I/O Panel

LukaP

Did anyone use it, and knows whether it comes with PCIe covers, or is it just whats on the picture?

MODIOP.jpg

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

No stripping? aw

what?

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

I'v never used on, but it would be surprising if it didn't i think contacting them is the best option. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I'v never used on, but it would be surprising if it didn't i think contacting them is the best option. 

yeah id be surprised too, but i want to be sure, so i know my expenses for this month :P ill do that, hope they reply

The second statement about it. I really don't see a benefit of it , but IDK. attachicon.gifIO panel.jpg

ugh you xD

yeah id be surprised too, but i want to be sure, so i know my expenses for this month :P ill do that, hope they reply

Understandably so, do keep us posted on what they say though.!

Understandably so, do keep us posted on what they say though.!

will do :) 

meanwhile, if anyone has it, feel free to comment

The second statement about it. attachicon.gifIO panel.jpg

I really don't see a benefit of it , but IDK.

As the panel is made of aluminum if you were to simply tap the thin metal it would be quite easy to strip out the threads. They use knurled steel inserts that are pressed into holes so there is a stronger metal as well as more surface area for thread contact.

It actually is a pretty common issue on cheap sheet parts, as it likely costs them an extra $5 just to add those, most companies wouldn't opt for it.

There is no covers included, those are separate :( ugh need to get more money now...

Thats a bit of a low move imo, they should really include them... 

Thats a bit of a low move imo, they should really include them... 

yeah... and they sell them at a retarded price... now i either take only the IO plate, and not pay import tax, or i take it with the covers, and pay a ridiculous amout for those, plus some more for tax... i think i know how i will go about this

yeah... and they sell them at a retarded price... now i either take only the IO plate, and not pay import tax, or i take it with the covers, and pay a ridiculous amout for those, plus some more for tax... i think i know how i will go about this

Could yu buy some old second hand pci covers from old devices and use them as covers? could come in handy and may give a cool look :)

if you get what i mean.. 

• 1 year later...

Did you ever find/buy a PCI backplane? I'm debating whether its worth the hassle of making one...

Rig: Lian Li PC-V353 i5 2500K, GA-Z68MA-D2H, EVGA GTX 650, CM Gemiin S524, Corsair TX650M, Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate 1TB Barracuda, Fiio E10