I dun goofed windows

Guest Console Peasant

Ok so at school we get laptops with restrictions and a while back i must have deleted some user account in /users and now  the administrator loads as the sys32/config/systemprofile profile and not the c:\users profile, I was going to change the \systemprofile directly in regedit (under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList) but then i realised it might change the systems boot OS, how can I get the administrator to boot from a users folder and not the sys32? 

Your in big trouble mister hacker.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Your in big trouble mister hacker.

i doubt it

i doubt it

Why ??? aren't your teacher ignorant like some on tales from tech support ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Why ??? aren't your teacher ignorant like some on tales from tech support ?

yes but im not stupid

yes but im not stupid

You may not be but they are and there going to probably accuse of being a " hacker ".

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

You may not be but they are and there going to probably accuse of being a " hacker ".

No, i'm not going to let that happen, if I can't solve it I'll get them to reinstall OS once i get back, anyways I'm here to look for a solution

No, i'm not going to let that happen, if I can't solve it I'll get them to reinstall OS once i get back, anyways I'm here to look for a solution

Okay good luck.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Restoring may help, I believe it's named file history in win 8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Restoring may help, I believe it's named file history in win 8.

you mean restoring the folder? I've already tried putting the folders back there (from another account on the computer) and it still wont boot from it.

LOL, I think I did something similar in 6th grade. I used a bypass to admin and started playing GTA on school computer. They suspended me for a week :(

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

you mean restoring the folder? I've already tried putting the folders back there (from another account on the computer) and it still wont boot from it.

No I mean restore the feature in windows.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

No I mean restore the feature in windows.

restoring the feature of file history (previous versions?) what would that do, unless you mean the 'repair your computer' in the boot menu idk what u mean

LOL, I think I did something similar in 6th grade. I used a bypass to admin and started playing GTA on school computer. They suspended me for a week :(

I knew how to do it for a while I just started using a virtual OS on the admin account and screwed it up earlier last year. woops

Playing gta on school computers was so 6 years ago

I knew how to do it for a while I just started using a virtual OS on the admin account and screwed it up earlier last year. woops

Playing gta on school computers was so 6 years ago

I had nothing better to do. When you can mess with the bios and overclock like a pro and solve almost any computer problem, you have to sit and learn how to use ms word and how to turn on a computer

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I had nothing better to do. When you can mess with the bios and overclock like a pro and solve almost any computer problem, you have to sit and learn how to use ms word and how to turn on a computer

quite annoying classes that make you learn the basics.

What windows version is it ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What windows version is it ?

7 enterprise

7 enterprise

Did it have a backup ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

Did it have a backup ?

no, no .bak in regedit either

no, no .bak in regedit either

Too bad ask @GoodBytes he knows windows.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

What PC allowed you to run GTA? xD

didn't say I played it properly, the laptops on high performance + 600p was acceptable for school...

Too bad ask @GoodBytes he knows windows.

#offline, ill send hima message

In Windows, you can't just delete an account like that. What is happening now is that Windows loads a temporary account. See it as a fail safe account. It does that on domain joined system.

To fix, you can bring your system back in time with Windows System restore, but depending on the defined GPOs (Group Policy) set, it might require you admin privileges.

If you can't get it to work, then you need to bring it to the IT department to do it, or re-image the system and rejoin it on the domain.

You could look into fixing the account by hand, but that is very complicated, and at the end, it would need to be re-validated with the domain server. So, basically, you need to be at school, and log-in with your credentials.

If you wanted to gain full access of the system, you could have bought a laptop HDD/SSD and use that drive instead of the one of the system. You just won't be able to access your account stuff, as the system would be out of the domain of the school.

In Windows, you can't just delete an account like that. What is happening now is that Windows loads a temporary account. See it as a fail safe account. It does that on domain joined system.

To fix, you can bring your system back in time with Windows System restore, but depending on the defined GPOs (Group Policy) set, it might require you admin privileges.

If you can't get it to work, then you need to bring it to the IT department to do it, or re-image the system and rejoin it on the domain.

You could look into fixing the account by hand, but that is very complicated, and at the end, it would need to be re-validated with the domain server. So, basically, you need to be at school, and log-in with your credentials.

If you wanted to gain full access of the system, you could have bought a laptop HDD/SSD and use that drive instead of the one of the system. You just won't be able to access your account stuff, as the system would be out of the domain of the school.

it is the local administrator, not on /sun