Can the Realtek alc892 power 250Ohm headphones?

LarsReviews

question in title.I looked at data sheets, but I am a audio noob. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Yeah, it says up to 600ohm but I would be a little iffy on anything past 250 myself. I would say get a sound card but I can't be entirely sure how much it would help.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

ok, will do. But there is always a spec sheet and a real world experience. Maybe someone in the Forum is running 250 Ohms on that chip.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

ok, will do. But there is always a spec sheet and a real world experience. Maybe someone in the Forum is running 250 Ohms on that chip.

Physics is based upon real-life, real-life can be predicted by physics. 

IMO it doesnt do it well. I had the ALC898 on my crosshair v formula z motherboard and it couldn't properly power my AKG K612 Pros (120ohm)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

STOPPPPP. THis is getting insane with you people.

Read the link I posted first before posting bullshit.

Impedance doesn't matter that much for how hard something is to drive.

IMO it doesnt do it well. I had the ALC898 on my crosshair v formula z motherboard and it couldn't properly power my AKG K612 Pros (120ohm)

That's because that headphone isn't very sensitive not because it has high impedance. 

250ohms will be fine. I assume you're talking about Beyers. They're not that hard to drive. 

That's because that headphone isn't very sensitive not because it has high impedance. 

250ohms will be fine. I assume you're talking about Beyers. They're not that hard to drive. 

Oh, didnt quite read anything else but 250 ohm xD

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

K612 is amongst the hardest dynamic to drive. Probably on par with 600 ohm beyers or even more. Most people recommend amping simply because you probably wont get loud enough with onboard solutions

STOPPPPP. THis is getting insane with you people.

Read the link I posted first before posting bullshit.

Impedance doesn't matter that much for how hard something is to drive.

Against the echo chamber there can be no victory.

The programming sub is the same, 20 threads asking what he "best text editor" is and as many people responding "Sublime text".

Do a search on how hard it is to drive Hifiman HE-6, then look up the impedance number.

Against the echo chamber there can be no victory.

The programming sub is the same, 20 threads asking what he "best text editor" is and as many people responding "Sublime text".

muh vim experience...

Do a search on how hard it is to drive Hifiman HE-6, then look up the impedance number.

I found make that video of me running the 612s off my tablet public...

Yes, the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro. 

Yes, the Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro. 

It'll be fine most likely. Worse case scenario, you go out and buy a Fiio E6 if it won't go as loud as you want but try it first. 

• 1 year later...

Sorry to re-open an old thread but i have sort of the same question.. i have had the dt 990s for a while now and i love it with my z170-a asus board but id like it to go a little louder.. should i buy a used Fiio E6 or should i go with a seperate dac/amp combo? and if so wich budget dac or amp should i get?

57 minutes ago, Xaos said:

Sorry to re-open an old thread but i have sort of the same question.. i have had the dt 990s for a while now and i love it with my z170-a asus board but id like it to go a little louder.. should i buy a used Fiio E6 or should i go with a seperate dac/amp combo? and if so wich budget dac or amp should i get?

there is a pinned post about amps and dacs with some recommendations in it, give that a look.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.