Colour calibration question

D2ultima

Hi everyone. Want to find out something. There appear to be two separate places where I can "default" to a colour profile.

The first, is here:

Screenshot1310.jpg

where I normally set my profile. The problem is that when I fullscreen games, the colour profile is adjusted to the other in the picture above (not the Myth one) sometimes, and usually doesn't return the colour profile to the myth one after I exit the game. There is another place where I see that I can set the same colour profile, however, pictured below.

Screenshot1311.jpg

Would it make any difference to set that second option to the myth colour profile I wish for? And if not, what is the purpose of that specific option? Even if it doesn't help (which I probably could just test myself), I do want to know what it ACTUALLY does anyway, and whether there are any downsides to leaving them mismatched? Also, if adjusting the second option doesn't fix the problem I'm having, is there a way I CAN fix it? I saw online that it's a problem with nVidia GPUs and has been for years, but if there was another way to adjust my profiles like that, that'd be awesome. I'm okay if I can't force the new profile in fullscreen games; as long as I don't have to "default" the second profile then "default" the myth profile to get back the normal colour profile after every fullscreen game session.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Your post seems a little all over the place, so to speak. You need to really say what you're asking in a clear and concise way.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Your post seems a little all over the place, so to speak. You need to really say what you're asking in a clear and concise way.

I just edited it to be more coherent.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I just edited it to be more coherent.

Thank you, tis much better. :)

Can you give me some insight though? xD

Sure, but not right now, it's rather late here in Australia and I really need to get to sleep, but I will try and help you later. :)

Sure, but not right now, it's rather late here in Australia and I really need to get to sleep, but I will try and help you later. :)

Okay, thanks!

So... anyone?

Sorry, forgot about this. I'll try and help you now.

Would you mind following this thread of yours so I don't have to keep quoting you, please?

Sorry, forgot about this. I'll try and help you now.

Would you mind following this thread of yours so I don't have to keep quoting you, please?

Yeah, sure.

So basically, you're saying that your computer is switching to another ICC display profile when you play a game in fullscreen and doesn't change back to the other one afterwards, correct?

So basically, you're saying that your computer is switching to another ICC display profile when you play a game in fullscreen and doesn't change back to the other one afterwards, correct?

Yes. The second monitor is unaffected. I had to manually add the second profile (it didn't show up before) so I could switch to it and then switch back after fullscreening games.

If I let the display time out (using power options menu) it returns to the correct profile, but that isn't very feasible to do all the time.

Yes. The second monitor is unaffected. I had to manually add the second profile (it didn't show up before) so I could switch to it and then switch back after fullscreening games.

If I let the display time out (using power options menu) it returns to the correct profile, but that isn't very feasible to do all the time.

Hmm...that's certainly an odd problem. What display are you using (just out of curiosity)?

Ah, is this on a laptop?

Ah, is this on a laptop?

So... anything? Can you at least tell me what the second option is, and if there's any upsides or downsides to leaving them mismatched?

So... anything? Can you at least tell me what the second option is, and if there's any upsides or downsides to leaving them mismatched?

AFAIK there isn't. Unless you're noticing any actual colour changes, it should be fine. :)

AFAIK there isn't. Unless you're noticing any actual colour changes, it should be fine. :)

So why do they exist separately? Why not have just a single setting? This is the part that confuses me. 

So why do they exist separately? Why not have just a single setting? This is the part that confuses me.

The other one is just to set different profiles for printers and other devices etc. don't worry about. :)