Ridiculous amounts of coil-whine on EVGA GTX 760?

SchlongkyDong

So, I've had my rig for just over a year (Specs in profile), and I've noticed that my GPU sometimes coil-whines an insane amount, usually while loading GRID: Autosport on the "Intel"-splashscreen. It also does it in Cinebench. Is the GPU at fault, or is it my PSU? Something completely different?

When I play the Sims 3, my graphics card goes crazy. (EVGA GTX 760 ACX)

I just don't play games that make my graphics card make noise.

Besides, better than AMD's whine.

EDIT:

I've used two power supplies, no change. I've used it in different computers, no change, I've used it with one of the power connectors not in, no change.

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

it's a combination of things. if you can borrow a psu from someone you could test it.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It's likely the GPU not the PSU causing the card to coil while (unless the whine is coming from the PSU itself). If it's not annoying during gaming you're fine.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

mines everytime i play a game  :angry: and loud... its not just a buzz its like im at the airport behind a jet... least thats what it feels like after an hour or two... thank the lord for headphones  <_<

Are you sure its coil wine and not fan noise? I find that a lot of people get these terms mixed up.

When I play the Sims 3, my graphics card goes crazy. (EVGA GTX 760 ACX)

I just don't play games that make my graphics card make noise.

Besides, better than AMD's whine.

Yeah, the 760 is quite bad at that it seems..

It's likely the GPU not the PSU causing the card to coil while (unless the whine is coming from the PSU itself). If it's not annoying during gaming you're fine.

Sometimes, It'll do it while gaming, and it's insanely loud. It could look like it's during specific rendering..

mines everytime i play a game  :angry: and loud... its not just a buzz its like im at the airport behind a jet... least thats what it feels like after an hour or two... thank the lord for headphones  <_<

Exactly! Sadly, my headphones are almost as open as they get :c

Are you sure its coil wine and not fan noise? I find that a lot of people get these terms mixed up.

Yeah, it's not the same noise as if I manually turn the fan-speed up, it's way more high-pitched

louder music  B)

I like your way of solving problems! i'm just afraid my teammates in CS:GO will get mad at me and yell in Russian :c

I like your way of solving problems! i'm just afraid my teammates in CS:GO will get mad at me and yell in Russian :c

quick and easy fix. turn their mics down and ur mic recording up lmfao  ^_^

quick and easy fix. turn their mics down and ur mic recording up lmfao  ^_^

In my case, that'll be mic. The struggles of a Silver 3 сука блять  <_<