My first experience with iOS.

Probenja

I know! Specs don't cross evenly between iOS and Android. iOS runs better on 1GB of RAM than an Android phone does on 3, just like a 1.5GHz dual-core A8 can beat a ~2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800.

also the apple a8 is a 20 nm chip. while the snapdragon 805 is 65 nm

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

in essence its made for

1) rich lazy people

2) rich old people

3) rich stupid people

Don't forget the Hipsters 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

in essence its made for

1) rich lazy people

2) rich old people

3) rich stupid people

just

wow

Since you are adamant people do not understand your point, would you care to explain your reasoning? 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

^ This<3 

no, not that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

no, not that

Sorry bud, but more people agree with him than you.

Apple is a good OS but too simple and not worth paying THAT much extra just for simplicity.

I have always hated Apple and will continue to hate Apple until their products aren't overpriced.

Apple is a good OS but too simple and not worth paying THAT much extra just for simplicity.

I have always hated Apple and will continue to hate Apple until their products aren't overpriced.

So are German cars overpriced?

Apple devices hold their value incredibly well -- I bought my 64gb iPhone 5s on contract for $400. A few weeks after the iPhone 6 release I listed it on Craigslist and had multiple offers of $400. Id love to see that happen on s non Apple device. As for the os being "too simple" I've used both iOS and android, and frankly, 95% of the time the two are exactly the same.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

in the UK and US iphone vs android is like 50:50 (well roughly), in the east the iPhone is stupidly priced and there are no stores, so there are much less iphones sold

you are not paying JUST for simplicity

Then that is you choice, but I think you should be more open minded to things, blind hatred for the sake of it, is never a good idea, not ALL apple products are over priced, they are expensive, but that does not make everything expensive over priced

I personally quite enjoy iOS, (although I agree with that comment about having to delete thing just to add an ebook is annoying). 

People forget that there are way of buying iphones for a more reasonable price the when they come out. Buy the last generation (very well supported), for example, or through an upgrade scheme with your service provider. 

I agree that they are too expensive at launch, but not everyone buys them at launch. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

SNIP

Well said :)

all of my iPhones have been free on upgrade, even my 128gb iPhone 6, i pay £48 a month for 20gb of 4g, unlimited calls and texts, the handset was free

I would be paying the same for any other high end smartphone pretty much!

Honestly the reason i like iOS is that, the interface is really nice, its smooth and fast, and app store is still 10000x better, there are way better games on the iPhone and it has a better camera than most other phones

So for me, its pretty perfect

in essence its made for

1) rich lazy people

2) rich old people

3) rich stupid people

So ignorant, of all the people who I know that use iOS devices, none of what you have listed would describe them. If you don't like something about iOS comment about that, rather than hating on the people who use it.

It is funny how many are complaining about itunes, yet here I am an iPhone user for years now, who only uses iTunes to transfer settings and files from an old iPhone to a new one about every 2 years.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

So ignorant, of all the people who I know that use iOS devices, none of what you have listed would describe them. If you don't like something about iOS comment about that, rather than hating on the people who use it.

This!

Why do people always attack the owners instead of the devices or software, its like "omg you bought that phone, you must be retarded" .. instead of "omg you bought that phone, it has such a poor interface" or whatever

It is funny how many are complaining about itunes, yet here I am an iPhone user for years now, who only uses iTunes to transfer settings and files from an old iPhone to a new one about every 2 years.

Its because people do not know how itunes work, its really easy when you understand it! people dont sync properly, then complain it has deleted all their data

in the UK and US iphone vs android is like 50:50 (well roughly), in the east the iPhone is stupidly priced and there are no stores, so there are much less iphones sold

you are not paying JUST for simplicity

Then that is you choice, but I think you should be more open minded to things, blind hatred for the sake of it, is never a good idea, not ALL apple products are over priced, they are expensive, but that does not make everything expensive over priced

I see your points and I definitely believe in people expressing their sides. 

Referring to your contract, my mother gets the same with a Galaxy S5 for £36 while over here it would also be £48 for the iPhone version of the contract.

For how easily iPhones are broken from what I know (from either how popular they are or how stupid kids are nowadays) but I hear more stories of iPhones breaking.

Plus, I feel like most of my phone specs are the same yet for £200 cheaper? (Knowing me I am probably wrong about this too)

From the 3 Apple products that I have owned, slowed down a lot faster. The only thing that slowed down faster than my iPod Touches was my Nokia Lumia 520 but that thing sucked ass from the get go.

Glad we can share our points without breaking out in insults and swear words.

P.S No matter who you are, you must realize that iTunes could be a lot better. On older computer that thing halts the computer to a stop and a lot of the time is confusing.

P.S.S Apple also isn't as customisable as Android and I love me some customisation.

I dont really get that though. I have an Iphone 5s, and I must say, Im an absolute tab whore. I normally have between 20-30 tabs open in chrome at one time, and the transition between them is seemless. I can go from an emulator to a game that I had open last week perfectly.

Call me an apple fanboy, but thats just how it works for me.

My iPod Touch 4th Gen couldn't hold more than 5 tabs before the whole thing started lagging. 

Tried factory resetting in and performance tweaks yet no improvements worth my time.

That thing started to slow down FAST

SNIP

yeah we can talk civilised :)

Just to address some of your points

1) iphones break easily, not necessarily, dont forget how common they are with younger people which is probably a significant factor - but of the 5 people in my family, all have used iPhones since the 3gs, we upgrade every 2 years, and nobody has yet to break an iPhone, neither have my friends, except for one who jumped into a swimming pool on holiday and it was in their pocket - and I know one person who has broken the glass, but had it replaced for £45

2) your specs may appear that way on paper but in benchmarks the iPhone is one of the most powerful phones on the market, for example the A8 and A8x in the iphone 6 and ipad air 2, are some of the fastest CPUs available 

quick example

10556-2843-67821-l.png

GPU - still VERY powerful - especially as we have METAL support in IOS now, a low level API like AMDs Mantle

10556-2844-67825-l.png

3) they dont really slow down, just other tech gets faster and the OS gets more demanding, go grab any 2 year old android phone and run 4.4 or lollypop, I bet they slow down too, 

I still use an iPad 4, and I play bioshock and xcom on it every day, including editing photos and videos from my DSLR - works just like day 1, and is fully up to date with the OS too

4) customizability, I agree, ios is limited, but not necessarily a bad thing, for a start, you can read user manuals and guides, and they are easier to follow, apps generally look and functional similarly, the OS is very stable, I have never had a crash or wipe

my nvidia shield has been bricked twice, and often fails to update, my HTC one (m7) corrupted during an OTA update and I had to reinstall  the  OS

Just my experience with them

just

wow

Since you are adamant people do not understand your point, would you care to explain your reasoning?

I probably should

The rich part is because the average Joe internationally not just in richer countries like the us canada and europe can't afford $800 on a phone

The old part is because I phones are user intuitive and theres pretty much no way for them to mess it up

By lazy I meant that they don't want to put any effort into making their phone the perfect experience almost like people who buy laptops and prebuilds

And the stupid part is reserved for people like me a few years ago who were blind and wouldn't see any alternatives and refuse to try anything else. Not that I ever got an apple product but that's what I wanted at that time for no reason other than its from apple. (Zte f160 4 lyfe)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

SNIP

Just wondering where I fit in, who has android devices at home that I use but still use an iPhone 6 and iPad as my main devices

I just prefer the look, the feel, and mostly the app store, there are better games on the iPhone, and they have never let me down, when I have had very negative experience with android devices, and i have owned many, and have used every version of Android OS

the iPhone and iPad experience is consistent, each OS version builds on the older version, its very secure, fast and capable, the app store is fantastic, the devices are better built with very fast processors and GPUs, amazing cameras, there are less downsides to the iPhone (TO ME) then there are positives to android devices

The only real downside to iPhones are the price and their restrictive nature, but the downside to android (taken as a whole, there are exceptions within certain phones) are generally more bugs and faults, worse quality cameras a build quality phones, comparability is meh, support is meh , they are cheaper and more customizable

Just wondering where I fit in, who has android devices at home that I use but still use an iPhone 6 and iPad as my main devices

I just prefer the look, the feel, and mostly the app store, there are better games on the iPhone, and they have never let me down, when I have had very negative experience with android devices, and i have owned many, and have used every version of Android OS

the iPhone and iPad experience is consistent, each OS version builds on the older version, its very secure, fast and capable, the app store is fantastic, the devices are better built with very fast processors and GPUs, amazing cameras, there are less downsides to the iPhone (TO ME) then there are positives to android devices

The only real downside to iPhones are the price and their restrictive nature, but the downside to android (taken as a whole, there are exceptions within certain phones) are generally more bugs and faults, worse quality cameras a build quality phones, comparability is meh, support is meh , they are cheaper and more customizable

the lazy part. To you consistency is most important well prebuilts are consistent and will generally give you less issues than one you built yourself especially if you pay $800+ for one. That's not a bad thing it just means you have other priorities.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1) iphones break easily, not necessarily, dont forget how common they are with younger people which is probably a significant factor - but of the 5 people in my family, all have used iPhones since the 3gs, we upgrade every 2 years, and nobody has yet to break an iPhone, neither have my friends, except for one who jumped into a swimming pool on holiday and it was in their pocket - and I know one person who has broken the glass, but had it replaced for £45

2) your specs may appear that way on paper but in benchmarks the iPhone is one of the most powerful phones on the market, for example the A8 and A8x in the iphone 6 and ipad air 2, are some of the fastest CPUs available 

quick example

GPU - still VERY powerful - especially as we have METAL support in IOS now, a low level API like AMDs Mantle

3) they dont really slow down, just other tech gets faster and the OS gets more demanding, go grab any 2 year old android phone and run 4.4 or lollypop, I bet they slow down too, 

I still use an iPad 4, and I play bioshock and xcom on it every day, including editing photos and videos from my DSLR - works just like day 1, and is fully up to date with the OS too

4) customizability, I agree, ios is limited, but not necessarily a bad thing, for a start, you can read user manuals and guides, and they are easier to follow, apps generally look and functional similarly, the OS is very stable, I have never had a crash or wipe

my nvidia shield has been bricked twice, and often fails to update, my HTC one (m7) corrupted during an OTA update and I had to reinstall  the  OS

Why can't arguments be like this anymore with valid points and evidence.

Because of this not resulting in insults I have now learnt new things about Apple and have formed a slightly different opinion on them.

Thank you.

I have had my iPad Air (1st gen) for a little over a year now, the only complaint I have is that the charger broke.

It ended up a mangled mass of rubber and wires, I got a 6 foot replacement for $17 at Walmart, and it works great.

I got mine free, I won it in a giveaway. Coolest thing that's ever happened to me.

I like the OS fine, but having used Android, I feel a lot is missing. Apple is slowly opening iOS up though, we have cheap widgets on the notifications dropdown and third party keyboards(though most of the time they don't work for me...)

I love the App Store, mostly because if an app exists it's on the Apple App Store(which is crazy, cause the developer fee is ridiculous)

The cameras on my iPad are awful for any type of real photography, but for quick snaps of events or Skype they're okay.

I mostly use it for business and the occasional Minecraft break, I think I've turned it off maybe six times over the course of owning it, and that's mostly for updates. It runs great for long periods of time. Battery life is astonishing!

I am surprised at how well mine still works, I'm the latest in a long line of butterfingers, I drop it all the time. It doesn't have a case either, cause I'm not gonna spend $60 on a case for it.

And to end this off, this is my first post here, woo!

first I would like to address the 2 year old tablet thing. I am using a two year old budget trablet that I have upgraded to 4.4 and I do t get slow downs and I don't crash at all which is less than my moms iPad 3 which has crashed multiple times.

Second most of your points are completely in line with what I had to say. You don't want to have to deal with crashes also since when are surprise wipes a thing?

still people taking it the wrong way....

They're not taking it the wrong way. You just can't handle the fact that your childish comments backfired.

I don't really play many games for gameplay anymore honestly. I play most games just for the graphics.

in essence its made for

1) rich lazy people

2) rich old people

3) rich stupid people

This is going into my profiles good quotes. Cause it is true

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

the lazy part. To you consistency is most important well prebuilts are consistent and will generally give you less issues than one you built yourself especially if you pay $800+ for one. That's not a bad thing it just means you have other priorities.

Yeah, im honestly not interested in spending 15 hours finding widgets and customizing stuff, I want to take photos, text, facebook/twitter, youtube and play games, also photo and video editing-  these devices do this well, and function perfectly without any tinkering on my part

even my desktop,I went for an AIO because I couldnt be bothered with a loop, and mostly just because of its aesthetics, im not even overclocking my i7, It works fine, and I cant be bothered dealing with spending hours testing it and configuring it for 3% performance boost

my car, i prefer buying nice cars, than doing up cheaper older ones, i dont want to have to spend hour in the garage tinkering and fitting parts etc

Why can't arguments be like this anymore with valid points and evidence.

Because of this not resulting in insults I have now learnt new things about Apple and have formed a slightly different opinion on them.

Thank you.

I like to have constructive arguments, people get very emotive around tihngs they love (tech) so emotions can over rule people

I am a tech enthusiast, I look at it objectively, does platform A do the task better than Platform B, etc, not just "omg its made by this company fuck them"

SNIP

Welcome to the Forum :), great post

You don't want to have to deal with crashes also since when are surprise wipes a thing?

not sure, but I have had tons of (admittedly) minor issues with android devices, maybe its me, I dont know, but I have never done anything advanced like rooting or roms and have still had some issues - not a deal breaker, but worth mentioning , my shield has been a pain - 

also i will always hate file managing, sure you can do it on android which is great, but its still fucking annoying, I hate it in windows, and i hate it on android

This is going into my profiles good quotes. Cause it is true

its just not :D