Thermal Throttling and Tcase 4790K?

Just wondering how CPU overheating works. According to what I know, there are thermal throttling and Tcase Temperature, one is for slowing down the CPU when it reached 100C while the latter is about "temperature allowed at the processor Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS)".

For my i7 4790K, thermal throttling occurs at 100C and the Tcase is stated 74.04C from intel website.

What will be called if this CPU is overheating? at 100C or 74.04C? What exactly is Tcase?

Just wondering how CPU overheating works. According to what I know, there are thermal throttling and Tcase Temperature, one is for slowing down the CPU when it reached 100C while the latter is about "temperature allowed at the processor Integrated Heat Spreader (IHS)".

For my i7 4790K, thermal throttling occurs at 100C and the Tcase is stated 74.04C from intel website.

What will be called if this CPU is overheating? at 100C or 74.04C? What exactly is Tcase?

Tcase is the max temperature allowed at the integrated heat spreader, apparently.

TJMax is 100 deg C.

You should be throttling at 95 degrees.

Overheating = thermal throttling. CPU temp (like what is read by HWMonitor or HWiNFO) is what is counted toward TJMax and Thermal Throttling. I know not of a way to read the Tcase via software sensors.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I know not of a way to read the Tcase via software sensors.

So Tcase temperature is a different reading and not shown in HWmonitor?