ZdMods - Project Inverted (Finished)

Meelobee

:o

do you plan on including the gpu into the loop? (although that would probably require an additional radiator?)

and what sleeve did you use? 

Cheers guys! :)

There are plans to add the GPU to the loop, but due to lack of funds I haven't got around to it yet. When I add it I won't need an extra rad for it. Currently it's running very low temps on the lowest rpm setting on the fans So I have plenty of room there :)  Sleeving is Paracord 505.

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 
 Project 180 • Project pǝʇɹǝʌuı • Harman/Kardon HTPC

Wow this looks amazing nice job love it!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

How did you make the cable "clips" and do you have the wires from the 24 pin in a similar clip comming out of the motherboard tray?

(Comming soon)

Nice job!  What about dust? I'd put it under my desk to keep dust from settling, but then it's sorta a 'hidden' gem!

The Anti-case!

Nice job!  What about dust? I'd put it under my desk to keep dust from settling, but then it's sorta a 'hidden' gem!

It will probably collect more dust under the desk from the foot traffic.  My closed server near the floor collects way more dust than my lanboy air at knee level.  Plus being open it's very easy to clean.

My Rigs (past and present)

The Anti-case!

It will probably collect more dust under the desk from the foot traffic.  My closed server near the floor collects way more dust than my lanboy air at knee level.  Plus being open it's very easy to clean.

I wouldn't actually leave it on the ground...I've suspended rigs under the desk, but about 10 inches off the floor and they're still dust free after 5 years (room is relatively clean and I have cleaned the fan filters, which caught fine dust from the air).

How did you make the cable "clips" and do you have the wires from the 24 pin in a similar clip comming out of the motherboard tray?

I've drawn them in scetchup and had them lasercut from 3mm black plex, and yes there is a similar piece where the cabling comes out of the case. Here is the drawing from the piece in the mobotray: 

mod90.jpg

And this is how it looks in the case: 

mod98.jpg

mod99a.jpg

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

looks pretty cool

I wonder how much less cool it would look with all the cables connected.  :P

The Syndicate

Wow, the cool thing to me is that it doesn't look like a conventional PC at all.

Want to trade PC'S?

haha I'm just kidding but that's an awesome build! :)  

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Thats awesome, I especially like the small black pipe styled cable managment.

Those are actually solid copper rods:

mod116.jpg

mod117.jpg

mod119.jpg

Lights on:

mod121.jpg

Whhaaattt?!? So your deliver power to the 8 pin via copper rods or are they just for looks?

I've drawn them in scetchup and had them lasercut from 3mm black plex, and yes there is a similar piece where the cabling comes out of the case. Here is the drawing from the piece in the mobotray: 

mod90.jpg

And this is how it looks in the case: 

Thanks for the answer! I have seen this before and have considered something similar, but by using this you have to put the wires trough before putting the pins in the connectors right?

And on the 24, did you cut half of the cables longer than the other half becuase of the curve it will have to have to connect to the motherboard?

(Comming soon)

Yeah, you have to pull the wires through the holes before putting them in the connector, I used a custom made extension for it. And yes the wires on the 24-pin are in 2 lenghts, the wires on the outside are 3cm longer than the ones on the inside 

mod101.jpg

mod102.jpg

Crap quality phone pic of the inside:(somewhere halfway the build.)

554829_393667730688180_902618313_n.jpg

ZdMods
Finished builds Red 

Ok, thank you again!

3cms :O it surprises me its that much longer, but hopefully I can measure it out so it looks better than my first sleeving attempt.. :)

Did you use alot of specialized equipment to make the case?

(Comming soon)

It looks very nice but why are the rad fans not exhausting away from the case. They seem to be pushing air into the case wall which just seems dysfunctional to me.

XYPHER AMD FX8350 @ 4.6Ghz ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AMD RADEON HD 7970 @ 1140Mhz 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE 1600Mhz OCZ VERTEX 3 240GB SSD Corsair H100i 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4 CORSAIR K90 MADCATZ RAT 3 iiyama ProLite B2480HS 24"

Did you use alot of specialized equipment to make the case?

I mostly used basic hand tools, a small hacksaw, files in various sizes and loads of patience to get every piece right. :)

It looks very nice but why are the rad fans not exhausting away from the case. They seem to be pushing air into the case wall which just seems dysfunctional to me.

The air pushed through the rads isn't nearly warm enough to 'heat up' the side its hitting now, so it's not an issue at all :)

ZdMods
Finished builds Red