New Carrizo Benchmarks

Opcode

Hope this is true for the sake of my htpc.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Hope this is true for the sake of my htpc.

If i remember correctly there wont be a desktop variant, i would love one for my htpc as well!

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

This is pretty impressive.

I'm really curious to see how hard AMD is going to push the CPU/GPU teamwork angle. If we get to the point where dGPU's can cooperate with the CPU I think things will get very interesting. or even if the APU graphics cores could handle certain parts of the rendering pipeline while the dGPU focuses on the tougher stuff.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Grrrr... I want Intel APUs.

All intel i series are apu's...they just called them integrated graphics.

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

All intel i series are apu's...they just called them integrated graphics.

HD 4600 is weak as f**k when compared to a 7850K. I was hoping that Iris Pro and Broadwell would come closer, but apparently I was wrong.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Holyshit it has only 512 stream processors. The r7 265 has 1024 stream processors, i guess this leak has to be true then http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-300-gpu-alleged-3d-mark-benchmarks-leaked/

131149vc6mox6mkld6vyv6.jpg

this shows an I7 with an r9 300 series....i am confused...

— Grumpy old man

Holyshit it has only 512 stream processors. The r7 265 has 1024 stream processors, i guess this leak has to be true then http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-300-gpu-alleged-3d-mark-benchmarks-leaked/

131149vc6mox6mkld6vyv6.jpg

That's the alleged 390X leak, not the carrizo one. 

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

That's the alleged 390X leak, not the carrizo one. 

Carrizo is using 300 series graphics i hope.

HD 4600 is weak as f**k when compared to a 7850K. I was hoping that Iris Pro and Broadwell would come closer, but apparently I was wrong.

b6U1JQI.png

Kaveri isn't that much faster, it's sometimes even worse, I expected more from AMD.

This is pretty impressive.

I'm really curious to see how hard AMD is going to push the CPU/GPU teamwork angle. If we get to the point where dGPU's can cooperate with the CPU I think things will get very interesting. or even if the APU graphics cores could handle certain parts of the rendering pipeline while the dGPU focuses on the tougher stuff.

I think the next step is working in collaboration with discrete hardware. Tho there are other places HSA could rear its face in gaming. Per example as using the iGPU as a co-processor for crunching physics. A prime example of that would be AMD's GrassFX. Where the iGPU crunches the grass physics while the dGPU is left entirely to rendering.

This is a demo using OpenCL for physics.

Broadwell will more than likely close the gap with Kaveri in the desktop segment. Tho its performance will come at a price premium.

Carrizo is using 300 series graphics i hope.

Carrizo is using Volcanic Islands. The same architecture (GCN 1.2) used in Tonga.

This is pretty exciting, soon we'll be able to recommend entry level systems to just skip a dedicated gpu and still get reasonable frames

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

But every device is moving towards 4k,I don't know how this is such a big deal. It may seem good for 720p/1080p

But every device is moving towards 4k,I don't know how this is such a big deal. It may seem good for 720p/1080p

Carrizo is perfect for 4k as it features UVD 3.1 which brings dedicated hardware decoding for H.265. You can run 4k video on Carrizo at 60 FPS without using any shaders and without dropped frames. As for 4k gaming? Well the desktop industry is having a hard enough time getting affordable 4k out the door. In the laptop market where everything costs more I doubt anyone is going to be buying a gaming laptop and expect fluid 4k gaming.

http://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/Report-AMD-Carrizo-APU-Benchmarks-Show-2x-Performance-Kaveri-3x-Intel-Iris-Pro

sisoft_sandra.PNG

the leak is not from wccftech but they did report on it

anyways

Announced as strictly mobile parts, Carrizo is based on the next generation Excavator core and features what AMD is calling one of their biggest ever jumps in efficiency. Now alleged leaked benchmarks are showing significant performance gains as well, with numbers that should elevate the IGP dominance of AMD's APUs.

WCCFtech explains the performance shown in this SiSoft Sandra leak in their post:

"The A10 7850K scores around 270 Mpix/s while Intel’s HD5200 Iris Pro scores a more modest 200 Mpix/s. Carriso scores here over 600 Mpix/s which suggests that Carrizo is more than twice as fast as Kaveri and three times faster than Iris Pro. To put this into perspective this is what an R7 265 graphics card scores, a card that offers the same graphics performance inside the Playstation 4."

While the idea of desktop APUs with greatly improved graphics and higher efficency is tantalizing, AMD has made it clear that these will be mobile-only parts at launch. When asked by Anandtech, AMD had this to say about the possibility of a desktop variant:

“With regards to your specific question, we expect Carrizo will be seen in BGA form factor desktops designs from our OEM partners. The Carrizo project was focused on thermally constrained form factors, which is where you'll see the big differences in performance and other experiences that consumers value.”

The new mobile APU will be manufactured with the same 28nm process as Kaveri, with power consumption up to 35W for the Carrizo down to a maximum of 15W for the ultra-mobile Carrizo-L parts.

i have no idea how big this APU is but it has to be BIG to have the same performance as a 265/270 GPU

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

APU die is going to have to be larger than normal..

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Wow, I wonder what the Carrizo notebooks will be like in terms of pricing, I might get one to game on

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

That APU die is going to have to be huge to accommodate all them GPU cores on the die and I can't imagine the TDP being low because of this. 

NH-D15 mandatory anyone?

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Well that's a significant improvement. Means we might actually be able to go round to our console friends houses and get similar performance as them on a cheapish laptop that costs a similar price to their "next-gen" machine and still have more functionality.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

does that mean that this is powerful or the ps4 is pathetic?

I mean it has a gimped 7870  soo...

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

does that mean that this is powerful or the ps4 is pathetic?

I mean it has a gimped 7870  soo...

I'd say that the PS4 is pathetic. But it is an improvement graphically over the PS3.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That APU die is going to have to be huge to accommodate all them GPU cores on the die and I can't imagine the TDP being low because of this. 

NH-D15 mandatory anyone?

It comes in at 15,45 and 65 watts. There is going to be no Desktop from what we know. Using 28nm HPP and some other crap to make it work.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit