Hello everyone,

I thought some of you might find this video I made handy. This is not a how to, this is just the best way I've found to remove pins from their connector blocks in order to start sleeving. I'm quite aggressive with some of the pins in this video and I would advise you to take it easy if your trying this for the first time.

I hope you find this guide useful and happy sleeving!  :)

I recently tried this method and it definitely works. But it isnt quite a pleasant way of doing this. If you guys are going to sleeve something about 2 PCIe cables or so, then save the money and dont get a pin extractor. If you want to do more sleeving, go for the tool (preferably from MDPC-X or LutroO Customs, they have the original ones) ;) Either way, nice tutorial mate!

Thanks Dixon, I have the Phobya pin extractor tools but I found that the one for PCIe, EPS and ATX connectors were to thin to work effectively. This is why I ended up using BIG staples. I've heard good things about the MDPC-X tool though, plus everyone should support Nils!  :D

nice video, i have the phobya tool and some of the pins i ended up just pulling the wire out leave the pin still inside the connector any tips to stop this happening or should i just bin the pin removal kit?

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

well i have not had hands on one of those phobya tools, but my experience is, that "3rd party" tools are useless in most cases. mdpc and lutroo sell the "original" one by molex (google 011030044) which are made of spring steel. i got mine from nils (mdpc) and this is what i got: 

8dbuc4if.jpg

he actually signs every extractor he sells :D