will this pc be good for minecraft

clayton1233

i want to stay with intel. my budget is a little over 300. i have everything that is not on there that is needed

Somewhat, integrated graphics sucks even with optifine depending on if you're running vanilla or lots of mods.

some more ram would be good. If you're on a very low budget you may want to consider amd's apus :) 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

some more ram would be good. If you're on a very low budget you may want to consider amd's apus :)

i kinda want to stay with intel

any pc you build can run minecraft...

drop a gtx 750ti and your golden

extra 150$ but worth it, plus you can play more games

umm yeah as long as you don't pump up the graphics or like mod it or anything (are you reusing a HDD or SSD?)

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

Somewhat, integrated graphics sucks even with optifine depending on if you're running vanilla or lots of mods.

i play with vanilla with optifine minimum graphics and with sphax purebdcraft 128x128 texture pack

i kinda want to stay with intel

Why?

An APU costs less, has the same power consumption and can drive any texture pack...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

umm yeah as long as you don't pump up the graphics or like mod it or anything (are you reusing a HDD or SSD?)

yes i recently got a 500 gb hard drive

get pentium and 750ti if you really want to stick with intel

i play with vanilla with optifine minimum graphics and with sphax purebdcraft 128x128 texture pack

NO WAY, you cannot play on Sphax 128, you need a apu or a gpu. And since MC is a Single threaded application, the G3258 would be better

NO WAY, you cannot play on Sphax 128, you need a apu or a gpu. And since MC is a Single threaded application, the G3258 would be better

You're wrong, plain and simple. :|

Yeah that'll work, I'm doing pretty much the same thing and go between 40-100 fps. Keep in mind I'm using an older version of Intel HD Graphics.

...do you have a hard drive?

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

Why?

An APU costs less, has the same power consumption and can drive any texture pack...

ok i wanted to stay with intel because i was planning on in a couple years getting a core i7. but if you can find a apu build that can run on the same platform that the fx 8350 runs on that would be great. this is what i wanted to do with amd if i went amd

Knew it was cpu heavy, didn't know it was single threaded though! 

i currently use my laptop with integrated graphics on a for 2 duo running at 2ghz and get around 30-40

ok i wanted to stay with intel because i was planning on in a couple years getting a core i7. but if you can find a apu build that can run on the same platform that the fx 8350 runs on that would be great. this is what i wanted to do with amd if i went amd

Ahh, i see your plan not bad, you could maybe go for the unlocked Pentium and overclock that. Although i dont think it has on board graphics.. so maybe not. 

You're wrong, plain and simple. :|

Yeah that'll work, I'm doing pretty much the same thing and go between 40-100 fps. Keep in mind I'm using an older version of Intel HD Graphics.

I used a Radeon 6xxx, it was HORRIBLE. But when switched to a 7850, it was smoother, Remmember MC has more items now, and to take use of Optifines graphic features, you need a gpu.

Plus a APU is better in the long run. People can get addicted to other games ya know :)

Also whats wrong witht a g3258?

Ye it'll be fine. Wont pull of the 600 FPS that im getting in minecraft somehow, but it'll do.

I used a Radeon 6xxx, it was HORRIBLE. But when switched to a 7850, it was smoother, Remmember MC has more items now, and to take use of Optifines graphic features, you need a gpu.

Plus a APU is better in the long run. People can get addicted to other games ya know :)

Also whats wrong witht a g3258?

I'm playing minecraft on an i3 2120 using the integrated graphics, this is slower than the i3 4360 and I still get more than playable framerates. Sorry, but it works fine.

Ahh, i see your plan not bad, you could maybe go for the unlocked Pentium and overclock that. Although i dont think it has on board graphics.. so maybe not. 

the new pentiums have integrated graphics