[Build Log] H2O-Micro (<3 Liter watercooled gaming system)

QinX

I'm looking for a good way to fully load the system, running prime95 will bottleneck the GPU test. Any suggestions?

I run Prime95 with 1-2 threads less than than the CPU has to avoid bottlenecking FurMark, so 7 threads on your 4790.

I'm looking for a good way to fully load the system, running prime95 will bottleneck the GPU test. Any suggestions?

Aida 64 is a good program to fully load the system. You can do a gpu stress test and a cpu stress test at the same time. That would certainly show what your cooling solutions can do. And, its less of a bitch than Prime95.

Really consider it. Its an amazing piece of software overall

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

You just put me down with a severe case of impressiveness.

Good job.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

nice build! subbed.
i wish i had seen this log way before now :)

So I have been running some tests to check out the stabillity of the system.
It is nice and quiet when idle, gets a bit louder when running Unigine Valley and Heaven.
Running Furmark (1920x1080 0xAA) and 3 threads of Prime95 small FFT, puts the highest possible stress on the system, it keeps then fans at max RPM (2900) and maximum power consumption at the wall is 295W.
Though because of the extreme torture test it will be loud this kind of load is not even remotely realistic when playing games.
Also because I want to make this a fair as possible I have not undervolted the CPU and have give the GPU a OC of +125MHz.
Undervolting the CPU should reduce those extreme Furmark temperatures by 10 degrees easily.

Here are some screenshots:
Furmark 1920x1080 0xAA with Prime95 3 threads small FFT's in the background running for 11 hours and 30 minutes
medium.png

Heaven 4.0 1920x1200 8xAA running for 1 hour
medium.png

This looks awesome! Very nice work, dude! I'll definitely be on board to buy a version 2, this would be fantastic for either a LAN PC or something to take with me to college.

Twice the performance of my PC in 1/8th the size. Kudos!

Thanks for looking, keep an eye out in the future, I will be doing a Revision 2/Ordering update.

That is one impressive machine!

Thank you!

I would want one, but i kinda have no money

We all have dreams ;)

I run Prime95 with 1-2 threads less than than the CPU has to avoid bottlenecking FurMark, so 7 threads on your 4790.

I actually have i5-4670 in there but I tried it and running furmark with 3 threads on small FFT's gave me the highest temperatures and powerconsumption

Aida 64 is a good program to fully load the system. You can do a gpu stress test and a cpu stress test at the same time. That would certainly show what your cooling solutions can do. And, its less of a bitch than Prime95.

Really consider it. Its an amazing piece of software overall

I checked it out, it has a lot of information, but the stresstest didn't put as big of a load on the system than the thing I did above

This, AIDA64 is pretty good, but don't be surprised if the PC isn't very responsive when running the GPU test :P

it did, felt like I was doing Vray rendering on the GPU it has the same effect :P

You just put me down with a severe case of impressiveness.

Good job.

I will add it to your medical history *writes down illness*

Prescription drug is:
Look at more casemods until patient becomes imune.

It would be cool to have a 4-5 liter variant with a beefier psu, and a thick, high FPI twin 92mm rad in push pull. Then you could put short 980 (maybe Titan X) and have the bigger rad to cool it. I love the design of yours. Keep up the awesome work!  ;)

I have something in the works for a future build ;) If I can pull of what I have in mind it is going to be EPIC.

nice build! subbed.
i wish i had seen this log way before now :)

Thanks for the sub!

~Snip~

Wow, I expected the temps to be a lot worse than that. How loud was it with the fans pinned at max?

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Wow, I expected the temps to be a lot worse than that. How loud was it with the fans pinned at max?

Please edit your post, replace the text and pictures in the quote with "-snip-" ;) thank me later

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

WIth furmark it's pretty loud, like slim gaming notebook loud. But that is unrealistic.

Running Heaven or Valley it stays quiet, you can hear the fans but they aren't overpowering at all.

Please edit your post, replace the text and pictures in the quote with "-snip-" ;) thank me later

Yeah, I made the post on mobile with the intention of editing it when I got to my computer, forgot all about it :P

WIth furmark it's pretty loud, like slim gaming notebook loud. But that is unrealistic.

Running Heaven or Valley it stays quiet, you can hear the fans but they aren't overpowering at all.

That's still not bad at all, I expected it to sound like a hairdryer or something silly loud

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Did u say...

~Snip~

? xD

Nah, I was thinking more like this, but a little bit louder, and a lot less air being moved

I'm literally blown away by this. Good job man. I'd love to see basically this just with a dual 120 or 140 rad setup, for that extra delicious silence and temps. :)

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

I would buy it if the price wasn't exorbitantly expensive, and if it performed well. And unforunatley it wouldn't be soon, only in a year or two before i go to college

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I would buy it, if i had money, and didnt have a nice PC alread.y

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i would probably buy it. there is no good reason to fill her up with front i/o. i would rather have a nice clean look to it.
also would be cool if you made it semih barebone. like with radiator and such but not motherboard etc. so that users can select their own motheboard and cpu. i guess gpu is kinda limited since you made your own block to make sure it fits ^^ 

i would probably buy it. there is no good reason to fill her up with front i/o. i would rather have a nice clean look to it.

also would be cool if you made it semih barebone. like with radiator and such but not motherboard etc. so that users can select their own motheboard and cpu. i guess gpu is kinda limited since you made your own block to make sure it fits ^^ 

That is the goal, although the motherboard will also be predefined, it has to be a thin M-ITX board with a PCIe 4x slot. That only gives you a couple of options, with the Gigabyte GA-H81TN being the most logical.

It is the same basic idea as those streacom passive cases, you get the case and the required component for the cooling setup and the motherboard is predefined, but in my case also the GPU.

If no power button... what would be the other option to turn it on?

It would be on the backside as I have it now.

Would really really depend on the price if I would buy.

Working on that, because of the custom parts the quantities make a big difference.

Would buy it, but most likely it's going to be very (too) expensive. Also it gonna be a nightmare to upgrade hardware :)

Thats MY opinion up there, not the ultimate option.

That is the goal, although the motherboard will also be predefined, it has to be a thin M-ITX board with a PCIe 4x slot. That only gives you a couple of options, with the Gigabyte GA-H81TN being the most logical.

It is the same basic idea as those streacom passive cases, you get the case and the required component for the cooling setup and the motherboard is predefined, but in my case also the GPU.

right i forgot the mobo was a slim itx. 

i would use it as a SSF workstation and expand outside the case with external hdd etc. a bit like the mac pro i guess. i'm a student so my space is limited and i already have a desktop but it is mostly for gaming. 

I would buy one if I had any money :(

around how much would this be actually? $$$ wise that is. cause i would love one, but idk how much i'd be willing to pay. i would actually love if you offered a barebones option maybe. but if not that's ok just wondering about the price though.

edit: so i know others have asked, but like say 5 people order one. any estimate on that?

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

I'd love one I just don't have the money tbh

why is the Gigabyte the most logical, why not Asus H81T?