Opinion on Pirating

SuperPug

I'll have to  remember that.

I usually waited around a corner as to be out of the way since you can still be killed by being in an exploding car, but ya there are other ways to go about it, when holding up a store the game makes you draw and aim a weapon at the cashier so you are extremely limited in how well you can see around you, so they usually never see it coming they sprint at the door just to have them slam into the rear of the truck (I use SUVs since you can see though the windows) over and over then just panic as they wait for the cops to arrive and eventually kill them while you stand there in plain sight invincible, i'm giggling just remembering it lol.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Games like GTA V you should buy. It's not because you bought it on another platform that you have the right to play on another. You just should have waited for the PC if you didn't wanted to buy it 2 times.

I think that pirating a game to try it is fine as long as you intend to buy it in the near future on a sale or something like that. I've tried a bunch of games and ended up buying them to support the developers of the game. Honestly no consumer has the right to get a game for free, and that's why its illegal. In my opinion, I think its fine if you buy it. I usually only pirate games that I want to try before buying. If its fun, I'll buy it. If its a dumb game or something, I usually won't even bother unless it has some kind of neat twist that no other game has.

TL;DR:

If your going to pirate games, buy them later. If you already bought it for another system, then I don't think its bad to pirate for another copy, since you already bought the game.

I'm not SAV1OUR. I promise. | Number of successfully bricked phones: 1 Samsung Galaxy S5 | 01001001 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100001 01101110 00100000 01100101 01101100 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110010 01100001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01110010 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101110

If the port is good i think its an asshole move to pirate it.

If the port is shit i will pirate it myself , the game been delayed 3 times if the port inst up to snuff i will go to the nearest torrent site

and download it.

But if thats the case rockstar brought it unto themselves.

Good pc games sell usually , shit ports end up in the bargain bin.

That's exactly why rockstar delayed the game for pc so long -  so impatient people would buy the ps3 version and then the pc version too. You took the bait gloriously my friend :( and honestly now you should pay for the pc version too, it's kind of what you brought on yourself (and partly on us all since if nobody had bought the ps3 version we'd have had a pc port in a matter of 2-3 weeks), no offence.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

i dont get sad over some huge company getting my pennys. theyll do fine.

They wont do fine if everybody thought like you!!! if everybody pirated it, they would make no money and stop making games, or stop realising them for certain platforms!

im not paying 50-60 bucks for a singleplayer game since the pirated version is just as good.

multiplayer i usually buy because nobody likes to fuck around with cracked games for hours just so i can play with the 2 other people who did tha

Why? Single player games are just as deserving of your money as multiplayer, why should the developer have put all their time and money into a game, just for you to steal it from them?

So you only pirate because you are too lazy to get your stolen copy working

wow

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They wont do fine if everybody thought like you!!! if everybody pirated it, they would make no money and stop making games, or stop realising them for certain platforms!

Why? Single player games are just as deserving of your money as multiplayer, why should the developer have put all their time and money into a game, just for you to steal it from them?

So you only pirate because you are too lazy to get your stolen copy working

wow

yes basicly and i dont even feel bad about it. pirating has been around since gaming started and back than nobody cared why should i now. i mean we burned cds for the ps1 so i dont really care. just look what they are doing. for eyample id really like to buy rocksmith but they make you pay 3 bucks for every additional song you want to add. dlc and crap performance are annoying me so much that im not willing to give those bastards even more money. dont get me wrong i do pay for the thing i think deserve it but as long as the head developer drives a jaguar i couldnt care less

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

I think the only thing I'm okay with people pirating is Sony Vegas. It costs way too much for people that casually edit videos as a hobby.

Anything else, I don't like like pirating,

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

yes basicly and i dont even feel bad about it. pirating has been around since gaming started and back than nobody cared why should i now. i mean we burned cds for the ps1 so i dont really care. just look what they are doing. for eyample id really like to buy rocksmith but they make you pay 3 bucks for every additional song you want to add. dlc and crap performance are annoying me so much that im not willing to give those bastards even more money. dont get me wrong i do pay for the thing i think deserve it but as long as the head developer drives a jaguar i couldnt care less

I didnt burn PS1 games... I bought them like a normal person should, rocksmith comes with songs on the game, why should you get access to artists music for free? you are not entitled to it

DLC is completely optional, and while I agree with crap performance, generally those are few and far between or get fixed after a few weeks, Why should they not drive nice cars? My dad drives a mercedes, should people not pay him for work he does? he is not a charity!!!

I think the only thing I'm okay with people pirating is Sony Vegas. It costs way too much for people that casually edit videos as a hobby.

Anything else, I don't like like pirating,

I paid £30 for sony movie editing

99% of people dont need sony vegas or adobe premier to edit their youtube videos and family videos ><

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I highly disagree with pirating. To me it's just as bad as going into the store, and plopping the item off the shelf. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

You bought the right to play and own the ps3 version, not the PC version... 

I highly disagree with pirating. To me it's just as bad as going into the store, and plopping the item off the shelf. 

I would say it's like going to the store and only paying enough to cover the physical cost of the media and shipping, but not for the content creation or profits for the distributor.

Also people who use the size of a companies profits/revenue or the ceo's pay as any form of excuse neither understand the nature of big business nor the moral/ethical conundrum piracy/drm creates.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I didnt burn PS1 games... I bought them like a normal person should, rocksmith comes with songs on the game, why should you get access to artists music for free? you are not entitled to it

DLC is completely optional, and while I agree with crap performance, generally those are few and far between or get fixed after a few weeks, Why should they not drive nice cars? My dad drives a mercedes, should people not pay him for work he does? he is not a charity!!!

99% of people dont need sony vegas or adobe premier to edit their youtube videos and family videos ><

well clearly we grew upp very differently but we barely had money for the basic stuff let alone a mercedes so growing up i could forget about buying games even the ps1 was not mine but owned buy a buddy of mine who had rich parents. so i guess im kinda trained to not waste money whenever i can. but that doesnt mean i didnt want all the cool games other kids had. so i started to read up on stuff very soon i had all the latest stuff and was finally cool. also thats the origin story of how i knew i wanted to become a developer. not to make get cash but because theres so much cool stuff one can do with it. how i see it if you make your game or softare copy proof then fine but if there someone smarter out there then tuf shit. backyard rules , only the strong .. blabla

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

^what he said. I use windows movie maker and its decent for what most people need to do.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

well clearly we grew upp very differently but we barely had money for the basic stuff let alone a mercedes so growing up i could forget about buying games even the ps1 was not mine but owned buy a buddy of mine who had rich parents. so i guess im kinda trained to not waste money whenever i can. but that doesnt mean i didnt want all the cool games other kids had. so i started to read up on stuff very soon i had all the latest stuff and was finally cool. also thats the origin story of how i knew i wanted to become a developer. not to make get cash but because theres so much cool stuff one can do with it. how i see it if you make your game or softare copy proof then fine but if there someone smarter out there then tuf shit. backyard rules , only the strong .. blabla

Clearly, I was taught not to steal from people, which honestly is what piracy is, sure you have not removed a physical copy, but you are robbing the people that worked on it of being paid

You dont have to play games, you are not entitled to them, whether that makes you cool or not is irrelevant. Not being able to afford video games is a first world problem, I would have thought your parents would not have said "oh if you cant afford it just steal your PS1 game from the shop, we dont care".

Oh you want to be a dev? great :) will pirate all your stuff

the whole point of being a developer as your JOB is to be paid for doing something you love, if not then its just a hobby

Clearly, I was taught not to steal from people, which honestly is what piracy is, sure you have not removed a physical copy, but you are robbing the people that worked on it of being paid

You dont have to play games, you are not entitled to them, whether that makes you cool or not is irrelevant. Not being able to afford video games is a first world problem, I would have thought your parents would not have said "oh if you cant afford it just steal your PS1 game from the shop, we dont care".

Oh you want to be a dev? great :) will pirate all your stuff

the whole point of being a developer as your JOB is to be paid for doing something you love, if not then its just a hobby

i think we are getting a little agressive here so ill stop. also i already am a developer and please feel free to pirate my stuff. see the thing is you wont be able to get your hands on it. also i think pirating may be compareable to stealing products that that just ly on the street. its just so easy if it were harder to get your hands on them i think it wouldnt be that popular. 

as a developer i get paid to implement a product for one company. i deliver and get paid wether or not they let other people steal it is not my business i get paid regardless

Its pretty crappy i can't buy legit music easily though.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

Piracy is wrong, there's no getting around that.

However, in certain circumstances, such at this one it is semi-justifiable. But there is that underlying fact that you're paying for a different code and therefore, it's a different product. By that logic, you should pay. It's really about what you'd consider as wrong, as I'd say both are within the bounds of the law.

Compatible with Windows 95

Its pretty crappy i can't buy legit music easily though.

iTunes...

It's too expensive tho, £1 per song?!?!?! 50p is about acceptable. Plus, more needs to go to the artist.

iTunes...

It's too expensive tho, £1 per song?!?!?! 50p is about acceptable. Plus, more needs to go to the artist.

i wish google music was available in my country. *sigh*

i wish google music was available in my country. *sigh*

Shame, man... Fucking Google.

What about Amazon MP3 tho?

spotify is also pretty awesome

I heard that requires a relevant credit card (US UK blah blah). Dunno.

spotify is also pretty awesome

not available.

no you are not entitled to

And Rockstar need to be encouraged that not all PC users are filthy pirates, they took the effort to bring it to PC, and SEEM to be doing a good job

they should be rewarded with your purchase

And until it's released that's based on nothing.

I get your argument and the one of most folk here, but to me Take Two and Rockstar can be treated almost like you would Abandonware: They intentionally want people to double dip and purchase multiple copies of the same damn game, they know it is that popular and they abuse that to unnecessarily delay the different iterations. It really doesn't takes a fucking year for a company as fucking big as they are to port a game that was basically ported already: It's not a new engine, they already had the engine ported on x86, the assets they already have those uncompressed somewhere to be compressed back to higher but appropriate resolutions and sizes, etc.

Now I get why you want to say "Filthy fucking pirates, the lot of them!" but take two is really just asking for piracy when they do this much of a fucking delay. Honestly I feel no moral obligation to buy another copy of Ultima IV just because EA now owns them now: I purchased my copy back then and if I wanna go back to it without the inconvenience of busting out a floppy drive I can't even connect to my current rig, I'm downloading the fucking thing.

In fact I've done so for a couple of games I own boxed copies of but discs are just hard to read 10 years later and again, why should I spend 2 hours cleaning the discs, hooking up an optical drive, swaping discs, etc. When I can just download a digital copy of a game I already paid for? There is such a thing as fair use and that includes back ups, and personally I think that should be extended to multiple platforms. 

Though until this is legal, the better suggestion at the end of the day is to boycott the motherfuckers and not download or play any version of it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Though until this is legal, the better suggestion at the end of the day is to boycott the motherfuckers and not download or play any version of it.

The part about pirating games you already own say you own the PC game and you pirate the exact same game becaue your disc broke, or the game was taken down from the store... (while illegal) I do 100% support

There are a few circumstances I would morally argue piracy is right, say the game is banned in your country, or is no longer for sale, like an old PC game nobody has availble for download - these I can understand and while they might be illegal, I do morally support

And yeah double dipping companies, delays etc are all bullshit, BUT yes, boycotting is 100x more effective than pirating as they can still see piracy as a successful release and it just tells them that their bullshit is supported