GTA V delayed(24th March)! Official specs too.

werto165

i have 512 kbps down 512 kbps up 

then you should probably buy your game at a store instead of downloading it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yet you are the same guy who complains when a shit port is released because you rushed the developer to release. You are a moron that the industry should ignore as you just cannot be pleased.

EDIT

The only valid criticism of yours that I think is valid is the 16 months. For a company as big as Rockstar, they have the resources to bring a high quality port out without having to make the customer base wait so long. However, seeing as they didn't utilise their resources like that, I'd much rather wait two more months rather than see more games launch like AC Unity or any other shit port/launch.

Actually I can be pleased. Make a good product in a reasonable amount of time and I'll be happy. The game has been in development years before it's release, and there's been over a year's worth of time to get it working fine on the PC since it's release. That's more than enough time.

Yeah, I don't want it to be rushed, but there's a difference between not rushing and taking the piss. You can call me a moron, but at least I don't have Rockstars's fist so far up my ass that they could work me like a fucking hand puppet. Really, that's all you are. Of course the industry won't listen to me, because I have reasonable expectations, and the AAA industry loves to stamp all over them and treat their fanbase like shit.

Well, have you ever developed and/or ported a game? It's not a simple port. They didn't just copy and paste. They added content. I'm sure for the majority of that time period it wasn't all "polishing". Have you seen Unity? The game was in development for roughly three years and still was buggy trash at launch. If you want to believe in these marketing "conspiracies" then go right on ahead. Nonetheless, it never justifies breaking the law. You pirating the game just shows you still want to play the game they worked hard on, but are too inconsiderate to pay money. If you want to play the game, pay for it like everyone else. Otherwise, if you don't want to pay, don't play. You are literally a stain on the PC gaming community.

No I haven't, but saying that someone's criticism is invalid because of that is an a pretty flawed argument. I would imagine that it's really just getting it to work and then optimisations. Since all of the models and textures are already highres and are bought down in quality to be able to run on consoles. I doubt there is enough new content to justify this rediculous wait. You can call me a stain, but it's because of people like you that the industy is in the shitty state that it's in. You'll let developrs treat you like shit and still hand them over your cash.

I will never buy this.

27 jan was already stretching it.

INB4 people who say 'hur better than releasing crap game'

Fuck you and your argument, they had PLENTY of time.

*Puts on pirate eyepatch*

Fucking perfect. I preordered 5 fucking months ago and now they do this shit?! This shitty game was supposed to be released this month, one fucking day before my birthday, now R* fucked up my day even  worse, guess I won't be getting 2 days off school anymore :(

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

It's called stop being a child.

Again with your dumbass posts? What are you, like 10?

Deal_With_It91.jpg

It's called "Hyperbole".  

It's called inaccurate information. 

@Psykomantis00 must be really fun at parties.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

And the wait continues, why am I not surprised. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

then you should probably buy your game at a store instead of downloading it

that's what i always do ,that's why i never get the codes for steam but i get codes for Uplay or origin or GFWL when i buy the dvd, but Ubisoft games have 10 gb updates and DLC everytime , AC 4 had 10 GB update + DLC , AC Unity todays dead kings DLC is 8 fcking GB and add updates, and add AC China which will probably be 8 GB more since i have a season pass 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

No I haven't, but saying that someone's criticism is invalid because of that is an a pretty flawed argument. I would imagine that it's really just getting it to work and then optimisations. Since all of the models and textures are already highres and are bought down in quality to be able to run on consoles. I doubt there is enough new content to justify this rediculous wait. You can call me a stain, but it's because of people like you that the industy is in the shitty state that it's in. You'll let developrs treat you like shit and still hand them over your cash.

I never claimed your criticism is invalid. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I wholehearted understand your stance on the situation. I, myself, am not particularly happy about the delay either.

Objectively, I'm claiming your motives are flawed. For example, you demand a game that is flawless at launch, yet when developers postpone a game in order to meet these expectations of yours, you criticize them for that too. Rockstar has never been firm with thier PC release date, as I'm sure they knew that they cannot promise everything to be perfect by a deadline.

My question of "Have you ever developed and/or ported a game?" Was a rhetorical one. It was meant to emphasize the idea that developing a game is a very difficult objective with an unpredictable development period. Currently, I am developing an indie game called "Who Am I." I can assure you, it is not easy and problems come up all the time. As for claims that I blindly throw money at developers; I certainly do not. I criticize developers where I find necessary. I do not consider a game being postponed for optimization, "treating me like shit" because it does not ultimately affect me. Objectively, if it was released with bugs, then it would have negativity effect me giving me reason to criticize.

In conclusion, your criticism is not invalid. In fact I encourage your criticism and anybody else's because it sends a message to the developers and allows to to have insight on the customers' opinions. I also respect and even encourage your course of action to not buy the game and thus not support the developer. My objection toward you is that you are pirating the game. Support them or don't support them at all. That means play or don't play at all.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I don't even have 65GB free on my SSD, but I have a second 1TB HDD that needs filling. Eh, my two HDDs free space combined totals to 1.2TB...

130dfcac55724bf5029348b128a2fd25.png

Now that I think about it, that game will take forever to download on my 3Mb/s down connection.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

What do you think how many people at R* are working on the PC port?

And how many people worked on the console remake?

@Psykomantis00 must be really fun at parties.

Oh man GTA is going to sell a gajillion copies and make a google money dollars!@#!! . If pulling random and incorrect information make you fun at parties then yea, I'm pretty fucking lame. 

i dont care if they delay it by 6 months if they make the map like thisGTA-San-Andreas.jpg

That if he has a stable connection, probably his family is going to use the Internet at the same time and he will be doing things not just downloading, so a week is very accurate.

exactly , this is very upsetting, i thought of getting it on steam , but 65 GB ?? i have 512 kbps up and 512 kbps down , i might as well as get it on DVD 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Jesus fucking Christ people. You would think after how shit last year was for AAA games, especially on the PC, delaying a game would be seen as a good sign. The two months extra wait time sucks, but if the end result isn't another horrible piece of shit PC version of a game I can wait. Rockstar waited a bit too long to announce the delay but whatever. There are companies that do far worse ththings to gamers that deserve my annoyance more. We'll see if I'm still willing to pay $60 for the game in March like I would be now however.

I couldnt care, Id rather they pushed the date back to make a game playable than do what happend with other AAA game launches. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

yAQMEO.gif

that's from panda food add isn't it ? 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Delaying a game when it's not finished is a good thing but that shouldn't mean that every non-ubisoft game gets delayed :/. Doesn't really matter since I won't be buying it at launch anyways since I'm cheap and cringe at the wording in the system requiremnts.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Wat? *Facepalm* wat?

Good job Rockstar/PCGamer.. /s

Quad core CPU =/= 4 cpus.

Maybe these lower specs mean that they optimized the game pretty well, though the 65GB of HDD space needed is just damn crazy.

I bet a lot of it is music and sound effects (yay uncompressed audio!)

I never claimed your criticism is invalid. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I wholehearted understand your stance on the situation. I, myself, am not particularly happy about the delay either.Objectively, I'm claiming your motives are flawed. For example, you demand a game that is flawless at launch, yet when developers postpone a game in order to meet these expectations of yours, you criticize them for that too. Rockstar has never been firm with thier PC release date, as I'm sure they knew that they cannot promise everything to be perfect by a deadline.My question of "Have you ever developed and/or ported a game?" Was a rhetorical one. It was meant to emphasize the idea that developing a game is a very difficult objective with an unpredictable development period. Currently, I am developing an indie game called "Who Am I." I can assure you, it is not easy and problems come up all the time. As for claims that I blindly throw money at developers; I certainly do not. I criticize developers where I find necessary. I do not consider a game being postponed for optimization, "treating me like shit" because it does not ultimately affect me. Objectively, if it was released with bugs, then it would have negativity effect me giving me reason to criticize.In conclusion, your criticism is not invalid. In fact I encourage your criticism and anybody else's because it sends a message to the developers and allows to to have insight on the customers' opinions. I also respect and even encourage your course of action to not buy the game and thus not support the developer. My objection toward you is that you are pirating the game. Support them or don't support them at all. That means play or don't play at all.

Not going to bother with a long reply since I'm on my phone, but I don't expect a game to be flawless on release, I expect it to not be total shit. I'm not annoyed just because a game gets delayed for polishing, I'm annoyed that the game is taking as long as it is to get to PC, and this added time pushed me over the edge. Also, if the game needs another two months to finish then it's nowhere near done. That's not something that would suddenly dawn on you. If it wasn't going to be finished then they've had a very long time to amend the release date. The fact that they waited a few days before the 'release' to delay it makes me think that they were getting people hyped up, only to make people give up and buy it on another platform put of impatience before releasing the PC version.

that's from panda food add isn't it ? 

Yea lol. The gif is from this YT vid:

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

I will never buy this.

27 jan was already stretching it.

INB4 people who say 'hur better than releasing crap game'

Fuck you and your argument, they had PLENTY of time.

*Puts on pirate eyepatch*

I completely agree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMhfbLRoGEw

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!