Favorite Cases

Paperchase

Crystal 460x

i5-6600k (4.6) | Dark Rock 3 | MSI GAMING X 1060 6GB | 8GB DDR4 | 120GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Crystal 460x

| Acer GN246HL 1080p 24" 144hz & Acer G246HL 1080p 24" 60hz |

PSU Tier List | PC Partpickers: US Canada Australia UK

i Own a NZXT S340 elite B/R

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

Probably would have said the SMA8 from caselabs for a long time but after seeing the Phanteks Elite (tempered glass goodness) I've changed my mind.  Wish they would allow a 560 at the bottom instead of the front....   

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I'm using a Define S and love it but would buy the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass given the chance again.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

I am looking for a new case for an ATX system that I will be building shortly. I can not really decide on one just yet, but maybe the LTT forum could help. What is your favorite case that you own/have seen and why is it your favorite?

Edit: So, from what I can see from the suggestions at the time, most of them are matx or m-itx, I am building an ATX system, with the ASUS Strix Z270-E. Just for clarification.

Thanks in advance.

Corsair Air 740 so much space for cooling and cable management. Almost too much room for building and expanding.

Enthoo Evolv ATX TG. Also lusted after the Corsair Air 540 and 570X. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Let's see.

ATX

Corsair x460/x570

Hella rgb cases with great included fans and gorgeous tempered glass 

mATX

Inwin 301.

Tempered glass and an awesome aesthetic for 70 USD, usually running as low as 50.  What's not to love?

m-ITX

N-case M1 

Watercooling support, full size gpus and absolutely tiny

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Enthoo Evolv ATX TG

Used to be on the same boat but the airflow is kinda meh.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

People will be bias towards the cases they buy, so asking for "your personal favorite case" will not help you pick the case that's right for you.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

In terms of looks, I love the Inwin 909 is one of my favourites, though it's not the best or easiest case to actually build in. 

In terms of what you can do with it, the CaseLabs SMA8 is probably my favourite without being absurdly big like the TX10. 

In terms of more affordable and still somewhat practical cases, I quite like the Corsair 600C as the inverted ATX layout is still pretty uncommon and offers something different 

I have an NZXT s340. I like it because while it can hold everything you need, it is still a smaller case. I actually even got an extended atx (eatx) board to fit in it. For normal boards though it is great and gives you room for what you might need, as well as a handy cable management system

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Corsair 380T

Sadly they stopped making it

Image result for 380t

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Corsair 380T

Sadly they stopped making it

-snip-

I do support the 'to each their own' thing.. so keep that in mind..

MOTHER OF GOD THAT CASE IS HIDIOUS xD

I can see how it would be appealing to some though.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

3 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I do support the 'to each their own' thing.. so keep that in mind..

MOTHER OF GOD THAT CASE IS HIDIOUS xD

I can see how it would be appealing to some though.

I think it was the coolest shit ever tbh (It comes in black and white in case you just hate it for the color)

Image result for 380t

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I think it was the coolest shit ever tbh (It comes in black and white in case you just hate it for the color

I think it was a combination of the color, and I have always hated that metal screen stuff that was floating around on all the gaming cases for awhile.. idk why though. The black and white do it much more justice though.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

1 minute ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

I think it was a combination of the color, and I have always hated that metal screen stuff that was floating around on all the gaming cases for awhile.. idk why though. The black and white do it much more justice though.

Since 2015 though I've taken a fancy to TG as everyone else has. S340, P400, Enthoo Pro M, 460X, DB Pro 900

Some cases like the Define S and C are fantastic too even if they dont have TG

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Since 2015 though I've taken a fancy to TG as everyone else has. S340, P400, Enthoo Pro M, 460X, DB Pro 900

Some cases like the Define S and C are fantastic too even if they dont have TG

I am absolutely obsessed with TG, I am currently in the process of modding my fractal R4 to have a full TG side and a power supply shroud, moving all the drives under the shroud as well. Gonna be kickass when its done.

I don't own any of these, but these are ones that  I would buy based off of looks and reviews

NZXT S340, Corsair 570x, Phanteks Evolv TG, and any of the Cooler Master MasterCase cases

Fractal Design Define S

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I'm firmly in the Phanteks camp, really like building in them. But regardless of my Enthoo Pro ATX, if I had to pick one now I'd say this:

Enthoo Pro M TG - Very good airflow, drive cages concealed under PSU shroud, sliding top radiator tray, plenty of room for radiators.

Enthoo Evolv TG - Same as above, but poor airflow

Fractal Define C - Price, okay airflow, offset top radiator mount, room for extras

Just a disclaimer, I'd only really go for Phanteks cases with TG panels, as even though I love them, and some of their peripherals (like fans), their acrylic panels don't do too good. You really have to baby them.

As a bonus, I'd only really pick the Enthoo Pro ATX for just outright space for everything. Room for 360 radiators (or 420 as the manual states) up top, 240/280 up front, 2x 3 HDD Drive Cages, additional room in the back for 2.5" drives, 3x 5.25" bays and an insane amount of fan slots. Even comes with a pump/reservoir mounting bracket. Again, it's just a brute force choice.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

• 4 months later...