Favorite Cases

Paperchase

What is your favorite case, and why? I'm interested in knowing. It does not have to be a case that you own or even a case you have tried before. Whether you like it for it's thermal solutions, Appearence, portability or maybe something else? Also what type of case do you like the most? (Mini/Micro/Nano tower, Rack, Mid tower, Big Tower, etc). Personally I really like the LIAN LI PC-80, even though it has an ulgy inside, it has a beatuiful outside, and is very elegant and clean in my opinion. I don't go to LAN parties very often, so portability isn't an issue for me. Which is why my favorite type of case is Big Tower. :)

An opinion far away from your own can only be seen as madness.

I like it in terms of cable management as well as fulfilling my needs for cooling.

Full Tower (or mid Tower)

Still using a Cooler Master HAF-X 942. Still a huge fan of it and will probably continue using it for a long time as its a long time investment for me. If I was to get a new case, it'd probably be one from Corsair though.

BitFenix SHinobi.. jsut got this for Christmas and I'm totaly blown away.. its just that awesom.. it feels so soft and great... also it's soo beautiful (i hate uber mega LED cases)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

My favorite full tower is the TJ07, due to it's massive watercooling options and space.

For mid towers, I actually really like the Rosewill Challenger, if you mod it right. I modded it, and I can fit a 240mm radiator and 360mm radiator inside, and I could put another 360 off the back. I got it for $20!

For Mini's, I absolutely love the Bitfenix Prodigy, it's in all around awesome case!

Cases I like

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition - just looks different :) (Have one as well, gets a lot of comments)

My NZXT Switch 810 - awesome for setting up my water cooling

CM HAF XB - neat idea

Aerocool Strike-X Air - very different design

Fractal Node 304 - styling

CM HAF X - one of my first "big" cases. Awesome for air cooling

Antec 1200 - excellent for loading in 4 5x3 disk cages. Great cooling

Really like most SilverStone designs.

Also, cases by Case Labs - although they are bloody expensive...

Overall I am a Full Tower kind of guy...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Fractal Design Define R4 and Define Mini. I Haven't personally used them but, they have awesome aesthetics, super quiet and come in at a price point that pretty much anyone can afford. It always saddens me when people build a decent system and then chuck the works in some random $20 cheap, flimsy case.

Also, as you can get them without windows they can be filled with all the ugly noctuas you want! I still wouldn't though, I HATE the colours of noctua fans.

Cas's spec's(800D):
3570k @ 4.7GHz
H100 Push/Pull SP120's
GTX 680 @ 1345MHZ w/ DWOOD Brack & Antec 620
16GB 1866MHz Dominator Platinum
ASRock z77 Extreme 6
128GB Vertex 4
2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue
B/W sleeved Corsair HX1000

Currently have Corsair 400R and love it. I think for my next build I will be getting Corsair 600T though, think the latches on the side look great and it is a beautiful case.

Corsair 400R / Intel Core i7 2600K / MSI P67A-GD53 / 2 X MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II SLI / Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2x4GB) 1600Mhz

OCZ ZT 550W / Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo / Crucial M4 128GB (2x64GB RAID 0) / WD Caviar Green 1TB / Arctic Silver 5

I own a haf-x and its pretty cool. Enough space for 360 and a 240, but you need to do some modding. My favorite is the bitfenix prodigy because you can put so many things in there, its unbelievable. I also like the cm storm trooper and silverstone tj07

300r or the blackhawk

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I really am liking the 800D, but favorite case would have to be the antec SOHO

2600K 4.6ghz, Maximus IV extreme-z, 16gb 1600, GTX 780, SB X-Fi Titanium HD, CM silent pro m 850, corsair 800D

Arc Midi! I love the look of it and the amazing airflow in it.

I like the NZXT Phantom 410 for it looking sexy all around inside and out and you can put a dual radiator like the h100i in it.

I love my 650D :D

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

TJ07 hands down, one of the best cases for watercooling. You definitely need to get the interior powdercoated though as the plain aluminum looks pretty crap. The TJ11 is also another good choice especially for watercooling. I really like both cases. =]

I like my Antec 900 for the most part. It's cool bc it doesn't have any weird shapes or designs that I would get tired of seeing and want a new case. But it does get hella dusty, even outside, and cable mgmt is rough in it(not enough slots)

I definitely have to say my Corsair 600t is my favorite that I've had thus far. With the mod's that I've done to it, to make it stand out from the rest it looks really cool because it is a popular case for it's huge size as a mid-tower case and it looks great. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you guys think. Check it out at like 6:00 minutes in, I show off the Sound Activated LED's that I modded along with the UV Blue Water Cooling, looks sweet.

I have yet to see the best case.

they all don't quite match my criteria, like compatibility for thick 280 rads with brushed aluminum as side panels with a good window.

the switch 810 and then in aluminum is what i want... but it is also to space like for me.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I kinda like the AeroCool Strike-X Air. The top is a bit flimsy (can be fixed) but plenty of room for cables. And I think it can be modded quite nicely. Haven't gotten around to it yet.

FX-8320, Asus Crosshair V Formula, Asus EAH6950 2GB, 2x4GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2400MHz, AeroCool Strike-X Air, Kingston HyperX 120GB ssd, WD blue 500GB, Corsair H100..