Screen goes black after opening HWMonitor.

wyattzx

Hey guys, so.. I have an odd issue. 

I'ts difficult for me to write out the problem, because I haven't yet attempted to recreate it outside of this scenario. Specifically, while watching Netflix on Google Chrome, I sometimes open HWMonitor to check my temps. Last night and tonight, sometimes when I open it, my screen goes completely black. Not powered off, but just.. black. Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't do anything, Alt+Tabbing doesn't do anything. There's still audio, and I can still use the PC. (Started a song and it played back fine.) Turning off and on the monitor doesn't do anything. I need to disconnect and reconnect my HDMI cable running into my GPU. I overclocked my CPU to 4.3ghz, and that's the only recent change I've made. My idle temps are around 43'C at night (because the house gets hot.) and around 38'C in the day. So it's not as if the chip is overheating. After opening the program, it takes about 3-5 seconds for my screen to go black. It doesn't occur with CPU-Z however. Or any other program so far for that matter.

Help?

Edit: It is occurring with CPU-Z as well. I'm just not sure what's going on at this point..

could be a lot of things.....unstable overclock, it could be really unstable HWM, could be virus???? idk

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

My first theory is it has to do with HWMonitor and CPU-Z drawing readings form my motherboard, and that it correlates to my OC. Can somebody confirm or deny? 

I Googled my issue and found my own thread. Can I please get some help!?

What happens when you try and use something else to read the temperatures?

Try Speedfan?

Cartman - AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 3.1Ghz - 10GB Ram (Mwahahah) - 256GB Crucial MX100 Boot - 2TB WD Red - Gainward GTX 770 - Zalman Insanely Loud CNPS14X - Corsair 230T Orange

Stan - Intel Pentium G3320 - 8GB Ram - 128GB Intel 520 - Raid 1 6TB WD Reds - Bit Fenix Prodigy

Kenny - HP 14 Ultrabook (No name apperently) i3 4130 - 128GB Intel 520