My cpu fan can't handly a game

jacobsscoots

No dis to your friends but that's just next gen stupid...

Unless you're running more than 1 CPU you do not need more than 1 CPU cooler, 1 cpu = 1 cpu cooler... PERIOD. 

I dunno if your title was meant to say "My CPU fan can't handle a game", handly is pretty old slang if I say so myself. 

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

This topic is pretty much dealt with so I just leave my comment about CoDAW. The recent cods are made to run pretty much any hardware. There is no way that they will make components so hot that it would cause any damage. AFAIK AW isn't one of those games that has had problems with drivers and GPU optimization. Some games with that problem would cause overvolting and so killing GPUs.

Fans being loud doesn't mean they are broken or don't work. Its more to opposite because they are running at full speed. Also it doesn't matter when you change cooler. It can be right after building or several years into using machine. CPUs can take over 90C temps and still work fine. So that "within month" talk is just BS.

Also I would say don't mind people whining you about using terms like "CPU fan" and not knowing difference between CPU and CPU cooler. They are just being ignorant that not everyone knows whats inside their PCs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

This topic is pretty much dealt with so I just leave my comment about CoDAW. The recent cods are made to run pretty much any hardware. There is no way that they will make components so hot that it would cause any damage. AFAIK AW isn't one of those games that has had problems with drivers and GPU optimization. Some games with that problem would cause overvolting and so killing GPUs.

Fans being loud doesn't mean they are broken or don't work. Its more to opposite because they are running at full speed. Also it doesn't matter when you change cooler. It can be right after building or several years into using machine. CPUs can take over 90C temps and still work fine. So that "within month" talk is just BS.

Also I would say don't mind people whining you about using terms like "CPU fan" and not knowing difference between CPU and CPU cooler. They are just being ignorant that not everyone knows whats inside their PCs.

Good post, except for that last line.  Nobody in this thread made fun of the OP in any way.  If we were to not describe what his parts are, he might never learn to identify what part is what.

Good post, except for that last line.  Nobody in this thread made fun of the OP in any way.  If we were to not describe what his parts are, he might never learn to identify what part is what.

After loading CoD AW game, I apparently sounded like a robot on Skype and my GPU (with speedfan) went up to 50C, I think I've wasted my money on this game because Its crashing my computer   :(

After loading CoD AW game, I apparently sounded like a robot on Skype and my GPU (with speedfan) went up to 50C, I think I've wasted my money on this game because Its crashing my computer   :(

What?  50C is fine.  You can turn up the fan speed of your GPU manually if you wish.  The game is NOT crashing your computer....REALLY.  Everything is fine.

What?  50C is fine.  You can turn up the fan speed of your GPU manually if you wish.  The game is NOT crashing your computer....REALLY.  Everything is fine.

The game lagged is well, What settings do you have on your speed fan and what pwm do you recond I should have mine at?

Are you playing single or multiplayer?

My settings are gonna be different from yours.  Watch/read some tutorials on Speedfan. 

My PWM fan is set to automatically adjust (Speedfan).  I would not touch the fan speeds until you are sure you know what you are doing.  As far as GPU fan speed, I don't use Speedfan for those.  I usually just let AMD's Catalyst software deal with it.  I have a lot of airflow through my case though.

7 case fans: 

-Two 140mm exhausts on top

-One 140mm intake on the bottom

-One 120mm intake on the bottom

-Two 120mm intakes on the front

-One 120mm exhaust on the back

- then my CPU cooler is a 120mm

This is an old picture from when I first put it together:

I like airflow.

Tp9jEtd.jpg

I have a Single video card now (R9 280), and a Coolermaster 212 EVO to cool the CPU.

Very nice, you have a big roomy case.  How much airflow do you got?  How many intakes?  How many exhausts?

1 intake and 1 exhausts. Im going to buy more though when I get a job (part time job since Im only 14)

1 intake and 1 exhausts. Im going to buy more though when I get a job (part time job since Im only 14)

Not a BIG deal, but yeah... more fresh air means cooler parts.  Coolermaster has nice fans at great prices...1 sec.  Oh, do you know what case you have?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-case-fan-r4l2r20agr2

There are different colors of course.

Not a BIG deal, but yeah... more fresh air means cooler parts.  Coolermaster has nice fans at great prices...1 sec.  Oh, do you know what case you have?

Carbide Series® SPEC-03 White LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Good case.  So...

It only came with one 120mm in the front, and one in the back?  It should come with 2 120mm in the front as intake...ok, nm...

If you buy two 140mm (Front Intake), and two more 120mm you will have maxed the cases capacity for fans:

- Two 140mm in the front (intake)

- Two 120mm in the top (exhaust)

- One 120mm in the back (exhaust)

- One 120mm on the bottom (intake)

I will go find some good cheap 140mm.  I know you are not buying right now, but it is good to see prices.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-case-fan-rabf131409'

They are quiet, and move a good amount of air.  I could not find numbers for the static pressure, but they are designed like the CM Sickleflow.

Your friend(s) are morons. Stay away from them.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Just go play its safe. It will crash if it overheats.

Just go play its safe. It will crash if it overheats.

With me on skype sounding like a robot plus my computer running slow I don't think its running fine

With me on skype sounding like a robot plus my computer running slow I don't think its running fine

That is most likely your internet connect, or a bad microphone.

My internet connection and mic are fine, because its never happen to me before except when I ipen cod advanced warfare

Recently I spent £33 on a game that's 6.6GB and my friends are telling me its going to damage my cpu because I've only got 1 cpu cooler, I don't know much about computers but I need to know what I can do to play my game without breaking the cpu, please help me

Thanks Jacob

I didn't know you could have multiple CPU coolers mounted at the same time. And I play games that are 20GB in size and my CPU is overclocked. From what your friend told you, I'm screwed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My internet connection and mic are fine, because its never happen to me before except when I ipen cod advanced warfare

Your system (FX-6350 + GTX 760) shouldn't have any issues running CoD:AW -- even on Max settings. The issue most likely lies elsewhere.

What are your internet speeds (Download & Upload) ??

The loud noise is due to the small stock cooler on the CPU. The fan they use is small, which means it needs to spin at very high speeds to move enough air = louder noise.

Larger fans can spin at lower speeds to move the same amount of air = less noise.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Your system (FX-6350 + GTX 760) shouldn't have any issues running CoD:AW -- even on Max settings. The issue most likely lies elsewhere.

What are your internet speeds (Download & Upload) ??

The loud noise is due to the small stock cooler on the CPU. The fan they use is small, which means it needs to spin at very high speeds to move enough air = louder noise.

Larger fans can spin at lower speeds to move the same amount of air = less noise.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4069668017