My cpu fan can't handly a game

jacobsscoots

http://m.imgur.com/PE72RBW The highlighted bit is my cooler I believe

That is the CPU.  The cooling unit (cooler) has a heatsink (heatsinks are usually copper and directly attach to the CPU), that connects to a bunch of metal fins (fins removed the heat from the copper heatsink).  Cold air then runs through the fins and removes the heat from the fins.

So you probably have the stock (the original) cooler....that is fine.  The fan is probably small, that is why it is loud. 

http://m.imgur.com/PE72RBW The highlighted bit is my cooler I believe

From what I can see (not much) it is the stock cooler which should be fine. (No aftermarket cooler is mentioned).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

In the end I found out him and his friends were joking but he still advised me to change my cpu cooler within a month of playing this game? I would still like to know why my fan Is loud though

In the end I found out him and his friends were joking but he still advised me to change my cpu cooler within a month of playing this game? I would still like to know why my fan Is loud though

The fan is small...it makes a lot of noise.  It is usually just fine.  PLAY, enjoy.  

I am just curious, how loud is it?  Can you hear a movie, or is the fan too loud to listen to a movie or song?

Do you guys suggest me to upgrade within a month to a cool master hyper 212 EVO?

Do you guys suggest me to upgrade within a month to a cool master hyper 212 EVO?

This one is quieter:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I ran my CPU on a stock cooler for 2 years.  It is up to you.  I recently bought a 212.  It is really good, but not that quiet.  I changed the fan.

The fan is small...it makes a lot of noise. It is usually just fine. PLAY, enjoy.

I am just curious, how loud is it? Can you hear a movie, or is the fan too loud to listen to a movie or song?

Since I'm on my phone right now, I will post a video later on showing how loud it is (England are sleeping right now so I am)

Since I'm on my phone right now, I will post a video later on showing how loud it is (England are sleeping right now so I am)

:D ok

A hyper 212 EVO will run quieter and give you headroom for overclocking, go with it if you can afford it.

PMSL

This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= is cheaper than the one my friend pointed out, thanks for the help, with the motherboard I have, is there anyway getting into my uefi? My bios panel is super old

This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835214023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID= is cheaper than the one my friend pointed out, thanks for the help, with the motherboard I have, is there anyway getting into my uefi? My bios panel is super old

Restart your computer and keep pushing Delete.  If windows starts, you missed it.  Try again.  Sometimes I believe it is F8 on some older boards.

I still have my Phenom II PC. I have a bios like that.

Are you able to get in the uefi to see your fan speed? People tell me to press F when I'm on my bios

Tap delete as soon as you turn your computer on. My P5K-VM has the same bios type (old school and not dumbed down like newer ones-perfect for overclocking).

PMSL

Are you able to get in the uefi to see your fan speed? People tell me to press F when I'm on my bios

Those motherboards do NOT have a UEFI.  They are old school bios'.  No mouse control.  All done with keyboard.

Oh fan speed, try a program called Speedfan, it is free...1 second I will find it...

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Be careful with playing around on it.  It can control all you fans.

Those motherboards do NOT have a UEFI.  They are old school bios'.  No mouse control.  All done with keyboard.

In other words you need to learn how to navigate and use it, not like these newer and lazier UEFI Bios.

PMSL

Our boards are award bios, so we don't have uefi, how do I change fan speeds and all of that if I don't have uefi?

You can't actually do a manual adjustment with that bios. Speedfan might work but I had no luck when I tried using it.

PMSL

You can't actually do a manual adjustment with that bios. Speedfan might work but I had no luck when I tried using it.

YUP

I use Speedfan.  It is simple and effective once you learn to use it.  I have it set so my CPU temp is always displayed by the clock at the lower right.