best gaming head phones for 60 ish bucks

jkiamsh

Mobo: GA-990XA-UD3 / Cpu: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.4Ghz / Memory: 2x4 GB DDR3 1600Mhz patriot intel extreme masters

VGA: xfx HD R7870 2GB  HDD: WD Black 1TB

Power Supply: Cx 500 Watts 80+ Bronze / Case: Corsair 200R / Cooler: Coolmaster 212 Evo

the steelseries siberia v2 is 70$ on amazon.ca  right now if you can shell out the extra 10$, i think that is a very nice headset.

Recommend the SS Siberia V2 as well, but you could go for set of headphones and buy a clip-on Zalman mic which I've seen quite a few people do just for better sound quality.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

The zalman mic imo isnt good enough. It is worth the price it costs(10$). I had one and people were complaining about background noise being very bad. I was using it on a Asus Essence STX.

I can say the Siberia V2 is extremely comfortable. I havent had one headphone that feels light and in place like it. As an exemple my ATH-AD700 is light but not "secure", it moves easily on my head.

The cushions on the V2 are pleather so if you sweat a lot, it might not help it. Imo pleather makes it hotter than open headphones with mesh and the likes.

The Mic on the V2 is pretty awesome. You don't have to pull it out and people will hear you clearly.

Important note : ATH-AD700 isnt in the same league audiowise. (its a lot better, less bassy, more accurate imo) I was just mentionning the feel when wearing it.

Another note : I now use a ModMic as a microphone because I wanted the better sound quality vs a Siberia V2. ModMic is about 30$ and can only be purchased from their website AFAIK.

More note : If you already have a webcam, maybe the mic on that would be enough and you wouldnt have a cable laying around on the desk if you get a zalman/modmic or any standalone mic.

I personally use the Vengeance 1300s, and they are very comfortable. They are a bit quiet but you can just turn up the volume in the OS.

FX 4100 @ 4200, MSI GTX 660, CX430, 1TB Barracuda, 320gb Spinpoint, Hyper 212,  MSI 970, 500R, 8GB RAM