World’s first (known) bootkit for OS X can permanently backdoor Macs

BluntestTech

All I've done really is defend this basic point, but I guess I'm a fanboy because you guys think no one is able to read between the lines, which probably accounts for very small abount of Mac sales. Hardly something that Apple marketing would rely on. Project more.

I believe the biggest issue at the moment is the fact that you are nitpicking on the fact that Apple didn't lie, and you are missing the concept that Apple was intentionally putting out information which they knew would confuse the general consumer into believe that Macs were immune.  The tech-savvy people of course know better, but the reason they don't like it is because they have to deal with the friends and family who "believe" the ads.  I know I had to explain multiple times that they were using wordplay, and as a result I was quoted back the ads that said "doesn't have viruses" and having to correct them (of course then they don't believe you because "Apple wouldn't be allowed to publish false information").  It like a sugar company putting out an ad for sugar and at saying at the end "A healthy way to start the day is a healthy meal", while true they are subtly implying sugar is a morning snack.  Just like how when Apple states "Doesn't get PC Viruses" it is implied that they are position the phrase in such a way that users are led to believe that there won't be viruses.

The thing is context matters and in this case it is about how Apple presented their material.  You keep calling people dumb, but if the majority of people believe something then perhaps it isn't stupidity but rather misinformation has been spread....after all I could likely find something you believe in that is completely false and call you dumb for that, but that doesn't make it true.

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

Isn't this the exact reason why thunderbolt isn't adopted on pc yet? Because the thunderbolt standard allows this to happen

Its been adopted, so no it's not the reason why. It's just not popular. 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

I already know the answer, I looked it up before I submitted the comment.

They said that Macs don't get Windows viruses, that's it.

the fact that every dumb people are saying that mac can't get virus is the proof that there is a misinformation problem 

*Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawning*

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE