Onboard or IEM problem , solution?

WR10
Go to solution Solved by WR10,

Sounds like a grounding issue maybe, does the headphone plug fit all the way into the jack in the front? If so re-seat your audio header and make sure its on the right pins.

I think I know what's the problem .. dusts.. I open my side panel ( where my audio jack is at ) and saw quite some dust there , cleaned it and now it works fine .

They're mostly the same thing.

Ah , okay , I didnt know that , thanks .

Does the IEM have a microphone? The front jack might not like that and is causing some problems.

Nope , but my problem is fixed , for now , probably caused by my laziness ..

Hi , I'll try to keep my post as short as possible.

-So whenever I plug in my IEM to my front audio jack , i can hardly hear any voice , only music and they sound pretty bad . However , it sounds fine when I plug it into my rear IO but sometimes I can hear fan sounds coming from my IEM if I use my rear IO jack .

-I then went to plug my speakers into my front audio jack and it actually can play the music normally .

-I thought it was my IEM problem , but when I used my IEM with my ipad , it sounds fine . Honestly , I just want a solution to this , I cant get a new soundcard because I have no pcie slot left , so im wondering if a DAC can help my situation , or else i'll have to get an external sound card ?

Sounds like a grounding issue maybe, does the headphone plug fit all the way into the jack in the front? If so re-seat your audio header and make sure its on the right pins.

Quantum Chaos: i7 6850K | 2x Strix 1080Ti SLI | MSI X99 SLI Krait | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | 3TB WD Red RAID 1

im wondering if a DAC can help my situation , or else i'll have to get an external sound card ?

I think I know what's the problem .. dusts.. I open my side panel ( where my audio jack is at ) and saw quite some dust there , cleaned it and now it works fine .

Ah , okay , I didnt know that , thanks .

Does the IEM have a microphone? The front jack might not like that and is causing some problems.

Nope , but my problem is fixed , for now , probably caused by my laziness ..