FX-8350 vs i7-4770k for a Programing & Gaming Silence/LowNoisePC

Hi everyone, i'm gonna build a new WorkStation/PC primarily for programing and gaming, i have two configuration in mind: 

AMD

• FX-8350
  • ASUS Sabertooth 990fx
  • ASUS HD 7870 2GB
  • Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ 
  • XFX PRO 750W Black Edition Single Rail
  • WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm
  • Corsair H100i
  • Asus VS229H-P 22-Inch

INTEL

• i7-4770k
  • ASUS Sabertooth Z87
  • ASUS HD 7870 2GB
  • Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ 
  • XFX PRO 750W Black Edition Single Rail
  • WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm
  • Corsair H100i
  • Asus VS229H-P 22-Inch

I appreciate the advice for any improve, especially to optimize the pc for low noise, which configuration you prefer for the kind of work that i'm gonna be doing? and why? I have $1500 of budget.

Thanks for the help.

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

What's your budget? Also, are you shooting for near silence?

Why are you getting the sabertooth? Please don't say because "it's a good motherboard".

Also, you probably don't need a 'workstation' if you're just programming.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Like i said my budget is 1500$, and i'd like the sabertooth for the slick looks, the durability and the long guaranty. The more silence possible, better...

Work in progress: AMD FX-8350 / ASUS Sabertooth 990fx / ASUS GTX 770 2GB / Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 MHZ / Cooler Master V-Series 700W /Samsung 840 Pro 128GB / WD Caviar Blue 1T 7200rpm / Corsair H100i / Fractal Design Define R4 / 

What's your budget? Also, are you shooting for near silence?

Why are you getting the sabertooth? Please don't say because "it's a good motherboard".

Also, you probably don't need a 'workstation' if you're just programming.

This.

Also, I would get Intel over AMD as Intel CPU's are more efficient, core for core and GHz for gigahertz.

You'll notice the AMD CPU's tend to always have more cores and higher GHz rates, and yet they are only ever a good choice when it comes to budget builds.

That's just my opinion that's been formed since I started reading/watching/etc everything tech (that's reasonable).

They work, I just think their numbers are inflated. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

8350 is cheaper runs hotter.

4770k is faster and runs cooler

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

Here are some changes to your build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/19dcK

The 8350 is basically a higher binned 8320. Unless you're doing a custom loop, the 8320 will do the same.

I went with the NH-D14 since it's quieter and rivals the h100i.

Went with cheaper motherboard that's still black so it won't break the theme.

Went with sleek, lower profile ram to not interfere with the cooler. 

The ssd is silent. The WD Red 3TB model has a thicker casing than the other capacity models and is virtually silent especially in the Define R4.

780--great card. (obviously)

Define R4--great case for silence.

Seasonic X series--this will power the system and can turn it's fan off when not under load. It's very quiet even when it is under load. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Mmmmmmm, nice build, the problem is that my budget is for all the parts for the pc, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, CPU, Mobo, Ram, etc. with that config i can't buy the monitor, keyboard and mouse.

^^ maybe if you remove the ssd and swap out the 780 for something cheaper 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

Haswell FTW !

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 2133 | AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i | OCZ Vector 256G | 

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition

XFX 750W BEFX