Best LED Light strip for behind desk?

Kyaneos

So, I need an LED Light strip that i can stick to the back of my desk to give a nice glow behind my monitors. Any recommendations?

Needs to plug into the wall, and remotes are useful, and i only need like 1-2 feet of it

Thanks guys :D

I try the spinny control thingy at the store all the time and it rarely works lol, and when it does work it's very glitchy and flickery during adjustments

Mine works just fine. I can spin it and the colors just change. No flickering. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Those are expensive  :(

Yeah, I know but they are amazing. My friend got me them for Christmas. 

CPU: Intel Core I74790k

I recommend searching them on Amazon, much cheaper. I got my roll for ~$30 I believe and you can then cut the roll to the size you want. I believe once you cut it though it renders the rest of the strip useless unless you can solder them back together? Not sure as I used the whole roll but regardless, don't buy from their website.

Mine works just fine. I can spin it and the colors just change. No flickering. 

Tried it yesterday, and it was.... pretty bad

"Rawr XD"

i bought some diy led strips. cheap and very reliable. 1 dollar per 20 inches. i dont know if its available in your country. its used to light up motorcycles.

Tried it yesterday, and it was.... pretty bad

The spinner is supposed to have colors on it. I guess so many people have messed with it that it took off the ink.

So maybe the shelf display is damaged. 

Mine does not flicker. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

So, I need an LED Light strip that i can stick to the back of my desk to give a nice glow behind my monitors. Any recommendations?

Needs to plug into the wall, and remotes are useful, and i only need like 1-2 feet of it

Thanks guys :D

Just buy a roll of LED's on Amazon or eBay for $25 they work well and will last you for years to come, I have a set I use on my desk for over a year now and still running strong. If you don't like the RGB there are solid colors ones also, those don't require a controller and just need a dimmer or on off switch.

http://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT%C2%AE-Waterproof-Flexible-300leds-Changing/dp/B00ASHQQKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420937357&sr=8-1&

Can i buy like a 10ft strip and just Cut it where i need it? Or will that ruin the circuit? Im not too bright *wink wink* when it comes to electrical stuffs 

Can i buy like a 10ft strip and just Cut it where i need it? Or will that ruin the circuit? Im not too bright *wink wink* when it comes to electrical stuffs 

They have specific cut points where you can cut them it's usually groups of 3 LED's and you can cut approx every 5cm or so, you'll just need to solder or add on a crimp connector when you do the next strip.

I'm also looking for something like this but i want to go a little bit further.. Is there a way to automaticly adapt the color to the display content?

EDIT: something like this: http://lightpack.tv/

I'm also looking for something like this but i want to go a little bit further.. Is there a way to automaticly adapt the color to the display content?

EDIT: something like this: http://store.lightpack.tv/products/lightpack

The link gives an empty page on the site but as of right now I don't believe I have seen something that can change color depending on screen content, maybe change the brightness of LED's from lumosity levels in the surrounding room but I think that's about it.

The link gives an empty page on the site but as of right now I don't believe I have seen something that can change color depending on screen content, maybe change the brightness of LED's from lumosity levels in the surrounding room but I think that's about it.

I fixed it..

And yes it changes the color depending on the screen content!

I fixed it..

And yes it changes the color depending on the screen content!

Hmm that looks very promising it uses a small micro-controller via USB to control the light zones, this is a new thing I haven't seen before. As for pricing it does seem fairly steep but if you really want to have color coordinated backlight, but as for the stuff you can get on Amazon or Ebay those can't be coordinated with colors on the display without a controller like a raspberry-pi with a program to recognize the info on the screen.

EDIT: something like this: http://lightpack.tv/

I assume you mean an Ambilight clone, which will require WS2812B LED strips, they contain the chip so specific sections can change colors over a single data pin. Otherwise you would have to wire each LED individually to a controller board.

There are plenty of How-To's out there: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/make-ambilight-60/

Sorry for so many images but I bought some LED tape and wired it in via the power supply on my PC with a switch built in to the desk which so far has worked very well for me so for about 10 pounds (bought some good ones) and some soldering and some wire I think it came out quite well and would surggest anyone to do the same

1EBSt42.jpgIrFplIa.jpg