Rate your ISP!

-ISP Name: iiNet (Australia)

-What speed you're supposed to get: No promise

-What speed you actually get: 4.7 down, 0.8 up

-Rating: 4.5 ( Reasonable customer service, slow speeds caused by 4 km cable length from exchange and frequent VoIP and Internet dropouts)

Fibre is coming soon though which will offer gigabit down and 400mbit up by the end of the year

OMFG Someone else who lives in Perth, I swear once in a lifetime thing right here and they also use iinet. I also have iinet i would give it the same as you and can't freaking wait for fibre optic to come to Perth .  :D

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

Post and rate your ISP Info!

-ISP Name

-What speed you're supposed to get

-What speed you actually get

-Rating (Out of 5)

I'll start :)

ISP: Rogers Hi-Speed

Plan: 25Mb/s

What I actually get: 0-10MB/s

Rating: 2/5. Internet will randomly cut out during parts of the day and is sometimes annoyingly slow -.-

ISP: UPC

Plan: 50 Mb/s

what I get: 30 Mb/s, if it works

Rating: 1/5. unstable internet, keeps dieing, i dont like it.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Here is mine :-

-Talk Talk

-Up to 20Mb/s

-2.86Mb/s down 0.55Mb/s up

-Rating out of 5, how weird, usually it's 10 but I give them 1 out of 5.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

ISP: TalkTalk Fibre
What I should get:

76 Mbps Down
20 Mbps Up

What I get (Wifi):
http://www.speedtest.net/result/-1.png

What can I say, Randomly cuts out, Customer service is run full of Indians who follow scripts, terrible service, don't care about their customers...

Rating: -5/5
Yes Negative 5 out of 5

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

ISP Name: Bredbandsbolaget

What speed you're supposed to get: 8/1Mbps

What speed you actually get: Usually around 7Mbps down and about 0.9Mbps up.

Rating (Out of 5): 5/5

The biggest problem is that I live in the middle of nowhere between a huge field and a big forest. A lot of my friends who live in the city just ~10km away gets ~120/30 Mbps when they only pay for 100/10Mbps which is fantastic.

They don't care about torrenting, got pretty cheap prices, works 99.9% of the time and have been very helpful in the past. If I lived 10km away when they would be glorious (a lot of student apartments gets 100/10Mbps broadband from them for free).

1Gigabit for 70 dollars a month? Yes please. Oh no wait, I need to move 10km in order to get that. Man I can't wait to move to the city.

ISP: Axxess (South Africa)

Plan: 2 Mbps DL

What I actually get: 1.7 Mbps

Rating: 3/5 (Throttle often without any indication as to why, when and for how long. But still better than most other ISP's in South Africa)

2802377050.png

ISP: Fairpoint Communications

Plan: 30/15

Actual: ~29.5/14.5

Rating: 4.5/5

Fairpoint is the only ISP in the area who provides fiber service to my apartment complex. They came in and did the installation (took longer because they had some dead equipment) but overall less than 2 hours. I couldn't get internet until the next day because the programmer for the router didn't show up, so they did it in the morning. Great service so far, but I'm not sure if they throttle or have a data cap.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

ISP: Mweb

what I should get: 1 mbps down, 512 kbps up (dont judge i live in south africa)

what i do get: don't even ask

rating -5/5

CPU: i5 2500K @ 4.2GHZ, GPU: AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2X4GB) 1600MHZ, Mobo: Asus P8Z77M, Chassis: Phanteks P400s Tempered Glass editionStorage: Seagate 1TB + Samsung 2TB In RAID 0 + Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Sound Card: Asus Xonar DS, Mouse: Steelseries Sensei, Keyboard: CM Storm Quick Fire Pro, Monitor: BenQ G2410HD + Samsung SA1900

After today I can rate my ISP in a single word but there are children about so I can't and I don't possess the creativity to find a softer word that I have in mind right now to describe those incompetant morons

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Time Warner Cable

50 down 5 up

30 down 1 up

2.5/5 

They throttle video streaming services and that's not cool. There customer support is also really bad so there's that.

Try changing your dns to openDNS servers.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Time Warner Cable 

30 down 2 up

20 down 1 up 

1.5/5

Time Warner Cable 

30 down 2 up

20 down 1 up 

1.5/5

Be happy you at least get 20..... I have a plan for 25 but I've NEVER and I mean NEVER gotten past 10. Most of the time it's acually 1-3.

Charter Communications.
300mbps
25-28mbps
1 out of 5 for constant outages in my Area and tech support that has less knowledge of Networking than a fetus. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

ISP Name: Shaw

Plan: 50 Mbps Down 3.5 Up

Actual: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2803640415.png

Rating: 4/5

The Switch across the street is not getting the right amperage ( or so they tell me) and that's why im getting the speed I am. Also lately in Kelowna on Shaw's backbone or connection going to everone's house has had random connection access issues for some sites for a day or 2.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

Time Warner Cable 

30 down 2 up

20 down 1 up 

1.5/5

Dude, you actually  get 20 down? I have a vacation home in Cathedral City where we pay for 30mbps and we get less than 10 most of the time! AND THEY THROTTLE SO BAD. Half the time it's an outage. The sad thing is they are the only provider @ the 92234 zip code.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

ISP Name: Antel

Plan: 120Mb 12Mb

Actual: 115 Mb 11.83Mb

4.5/5

10-120-hogar.jpg?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=e12

Dude, you actually  get 20 down? I have a vacation home in Cathedral City where we pay for 30mbps and we get less than 10 most of the time! AND THEY THROTTLE SO BAD. Half the time it's an outage. The sad thing is they are the only provider @ the 92234 zip code.

Yeah I've complained so many time that they boosted it also I'm tunneling ipv6 through ipv4 and using openDNS servers.

ISP: Telus (Canada)

Plan: 50 down 10 UP

Actual: 71 down and 16 - 18 UP

Rating: 4.5, been with them for years, they have good support

Also please note due to I live in a brand new condo building and with that I got a fiber run directly in to my unit which routes to telus fiber optic network and it doesn't help that the hub for my area is just down the street.

2751775146.png

-Verizon

Supposed to get: 5 down 2 up

Getting: 4.5 down .7 up

2/5

There internet is really spotty, for example I have the best internet they can give me at my house, which is really annoying that I am stuck with way to slow internet for me. Also their customer support are really rude and snobby.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

ISP- TPG internet (Australia)

Promised speed- 15 down

Actual- 2805949942.png

Rating- 3 out of 5.... It's slow but Australia sucks in general and it's better than most others I know

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Comcast

Plan:  50 down 10 up

Actual: 63~ down 13 up

Rating: 5  

It NEVER goes down, unless someone runs into a pole or we don't pay the bill, it only gets temperamental and lags maybe once every month for a couple hours, the customer service is shitty over the phone, but the comcast store next to my house takes care of us whenever we go in, (we've been a member of comcast before comcast was called comcast)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

-ISP Name: MyRepublic (Singapore)

-What speed you're supposed to get: 150Mpbs down, 50Mbps up

2806345607.png

-Rating (Out of 5): 4.5

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

-ISP Name: MyRepublic (Singapore)

-What speed you're supposed to get: 150Mpbs down, 50Mbps up

2806345607.png

-Rating (Out of 5): 4.5

only 4.5 out of 5 ? you are getting more than they advertised, wouldn't it be 5 out of 5 or is their customer service crap?