[SURVEY] What processors do you guys use in your main rig?

i7-3820 main rig

I7-980 ex-main rig

I7-2617m not quite mine but if I need a laptop that's the one I use

X4-9550 built with spare parts never used

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

X4-9550 built with spare parts never used

I can see why you neverd used that crap LOL.

FX-6300 clocked at 4.3ghz. (Don't hate me. I do a lot of video editing. :c)

Why would people hate you?

RIP in pepperonis m8s

i7-4770K

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

Why would people hate you?

A lot of people seem to really hate the FX-6300 chip, and say you should buy an Intel chip, even at the $100 price point. I got burned hard for defending it.

AMD athlon 64 x2 4200+ @2.2 ghz (havent overclocked yet)

can't forget old school ;)

A lot of people seem to really hate the FX-6300 chip, and say you should buy an Intel chip, even at the $100 price point. I got burned hard for defending it.

You can get a $70 dollar dual core from Intel that shits allover some AMD FX crap LOL.

You can get a $70 dollar dual core from Intel that shits allover some AMD FX crap LOL.

What does the G3258's performance look like rendering in Sony Vegas Pro 12, and Adobe After Effects CS6?

Core i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 

53W power consumption at max load. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Ignore my sig (outdated), Xeon X5450 @ 3.24GHz

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Laptop A.) AMD A8-4500M (Quad Core @ 1.9GHz)

Laptop B.) Intel i5 2430M (Dual Core @ 2.40GHz)

Future build - Intel i7 5820K.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEEuXQf29Z4

$50 outdated quad cores shit all over AMD as well.

PMSL

Core i5-4440

Phenom II x4 965 BE @ 4.2Ghz

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

$50 outdated quad cores shit all over AMD as well.

There were a couple games at the end, AMD was winning over the cheap Intel CPU. No need to be so biased and hateful towards AMD, after all if AMD left the market (if they could) Intel's stuff would be come overpriced and worse than what AMD is now. You must realize you're comparing a CPU from 2012 (the AMD FX 8350) and a CPU from 2014 obviously in a lot of things the 2014 CPU is going to be better just because it's newer where as if you took an AMD A10 7850K it might perform about as well as or better than the G3258, i3 4160, i5 4690K (not better than but pretty darn close). My Samsung 3 Series notebook runs an AMD A8 4500M and for most task and at least from experience in WoW and Only If, it runs fairly well for a "crappy" CPU/APU since it's clocked at 1.9GHz and it is only a 4 core CPU (No Hyper-threading).

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Core i5-4440

Does your i5 give you any problems? Because mine is dead.

There were a couple games at the end, AMD was winning over the cheap Intel CPU. No need to be so biased and hateful towards AMD, after all if AMD left the market (if they could) Intel's stuff would be come overpriced and worse than what AMD is now. You must realize you're comparing a CPU from 2012 (the AMD FX 8350) and a CPU from 2014 obviously in a lot of things the 2014 CPU is going to be better just because it's newer where as if you took an AMD A10 7850K it might perform about as well as or better than the G3258, i3 4160, i5 4690K (not better than but pretty darn close). My Samsung 3 Series notebook runs an AMD A8 4500M and for most task and at least from experience in WoW and Only If, it runs fairly well for a "crappy" CPU/APU since it's clocked at 1.9GHz and it is only a 4 core CPU (No Hyper-threading).

I'm talking about an Xeon X5450 (I really need to update my signature, and remove the i5 rig as well). In games that utilize no more than 4 threads it will perform better due to its higher IPC (also know an Millions Of Operations Per Second, in which my E8500 also surpasses any AMD CPU as well). Multi threaded games that are actually able to use all available cores will be the ones running of an FX 8350 better. And from my experience, the Phenom 2 1.66GHz was one of AMD's last great mobile CPUs, it was beating the first gen i5 in my convertible laptop, and the i5 was at 2GHz (both computers used AMD graphics, with the Phenom based machine haveing the mobility Raedon 5650 1GB).

PMSL

LOL NO NO NO the A10 is not as strong as an FX 8350 @ 4.7Ghz. The 8350 is AMDs flagship POS LOL. It's amazing just how bad the Dual Core Intel Pentium outperforms the Flagship 8350 LOL it's a Pity even .

LOL NO NO NO the A10 is not as strong as an FX 8350 @ 4.7Ghz. The 8350 is AMDs flagship POS LOL. It's amazing just how bad the Dual Core Intel Pentium outperforms the Flagship 8350 LOL it's a Pity even .

Weren't you the one that started that thread bashing intel and acting as if AMD was your lord and saviour.

On topic 

955 Black edition.

from my experience an FX 8 core cpu plays most games much better than an overclocked haswell pentium with much less stuttering..

about this topic, i use a core i7-4770k at 4.2ghz and i think if it would have a wenis i'd probably suck on it. :huh:.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Weren't you the one that started that thread bashing intel and acting as if AMD was your lord and saviour.

That was before I ever bought an Intel platform. Now that I got my feet wet with Intel I finnaly understand all the talk gogin arounf of how bad AMD FX sucks.

That was before I ever bought an Intel platform. Now that I got my feet wet with Intel I finnaly understand all the talk gogin arounf of how bad AMD FX sucks.

Shouldn't you have done that in the first place before you started that thread.