Mid-range or High-end

Go to solution Solved by KamiKatze,

I'd say high end, for an average consumer at least.

Of course there's LGA 2011-v3, GTX 980s and whatnot but just because we're used to talk a lot about those super high end specs doesn't mean that your PC is not high end. I'd say high end, but not super high end. A GTX 980 would probably manifest the high end state.

Hallo I want to know if you would consider this an High-end machien and if you would have any suggestions,my hole family knows about pc's and we chose these components hope you have good Ideas.

my rigg and first build:

Intel I7-4790k

Asus Z97 delux mainboard

16gb of corsair Dominator Platnium

Gigabyte windforce gtx 970

Corsair H100i watercooling dual 120mm

Corsair ax850watt 80 plus gold power supply

Corsair Force Ls 240gb ssd

WD 1tb black hdd

Corsair 780t case

BenQ BL2410PT monitor

Asus DRW-24F1ST silent DVD player

I would say it's on the high side of the mid range

a definitive high end machine would be on the X99 platform and would have one or more 980s IMO

High end for most uses, mid range for some extreme cases. Only thing I'd switch is h100i to h110.

Hallo I want to know if you would consider this an High-end machien and if you would have any suggestions,my hole family knows about pc's and we chose these components hope you have good Ideas.

my rigg and first build:

Intel I7-4790k

Asus Z97 delux mainboard

16gb of corsair Dominator Platnium

Gigabyte windforce gtx 970

Corsair H100i watercooling dual 120mm

Corsair ax850watt 80 plus gold power supply

Corsair Force Ls 240gb ssd

WD 1tb black hdd

Corsair 780t case

BenQ BL2410PT monitor

Asus DRW-24F1ST silent DVD player

This is high end.Very high-end. Is it for gaming? If yes, here are my suggestions.

Change the CPU to a 4690K

You only need 8GB of memory, and definitely not Dominator Platinums. We consider that brand as overpriced, and I recommend that you have a look at G.Skill or A-Data RAM, you can find their kits for pretty cheap.

Don't get the WD Black, you won't see any difference in performance. Get a Blue instead.

Since you saved a bit on the CPU and RAM, now you should be able to afford a more powerful card, like the GTX 980.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I'd say high end, for an average consumer at least.

Of course there's LGA 2011-v3, GTX 980s and whatnot but just because we're used to talk a lot about those super high end specs doesn't mean that your PC is not high end. I'd say high end, but not super high end. A GTX 980 would probably manifest the high end state.

who cares...

the gtx 980 is too expensiv me and my family said we were gonna get it in the future and run it in sli

I would say that is definitely a high end system.  very nice.

850 watts is a lot more than you need, unless you plan to go SLI in the future.

Also, at that price point, it is worth considering the intel 5000 series CPUs with X99 chipset motherboard and DDR4 RAM.  I'm not saying its worth it for you, but I'd look into it.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

"Intel I7-4790k"

Switch to 4690k if you're just gaming. Save cost. If you're doing media production then keep it.

"Asus Z97 delux mainboard"

Overpriced. Just get something like ASRock Z97 Extreme3 and you'll be fine.

"16gb of corsair Dominator Platnium"

Overpriced. 8GB is enough for gaming. Unless you're doing media production. To choose RAM, get whatever is cheapest $ for GB. As of right now according to PCPartPicker. Team Zeus Yellow 2x4GB. Remember to get at least two sticks for dual channel.

"Gigabyte windforce gtx 970" 

Good choice. You could get the ACX 2.0 by EVGA though for $30 less. More or less the same.

"Corsair H100i watercooling dual 120mm"

Sure.

"Corsair ax850watt 80 plus gold power supply"

Can't find a price on it. I'm finding it at the $200 range. Overpriced. Seasonic M12II (Semi modular) or EVGA SuperNova (Fully modular) would work just fine.

"Corsair Force Ls 240gb ssd"

Sure. A-Data SP600 or Crucial M500/MX100 would work just as well for a bit less though.

"WD 1tb black hdd"

Why black? Waste of money on a build like yours. Just get whatever 7200RPM that has the cheapest $ to GB. According to PPP, Hitachi has one for $47.

"Corsair 760t case"

Sure.

I'd say the build is pretty high end.