How do I change speed of case fans?

Hinesd

I recently bought one 92mm fan and 80mm fan, I installed 92mm using 3 pin on motherboard and it is running at 800rpm. The 80mm fan I had to use a 3 pin adaptor which is connected to psu molex and it is running at 1666rpm. The 80mm is too loud for me therefore I would like to make it quieter by reducing rpm, possibly to 1200 rpm. But I have no clue how to change the speed (I am a newby). Thank you in advanced.

If you're dealing with just a single fan, probably the easiest way is to use a low-noise adapter - plug it between the fan and the power supply, and the inline resistor will reduce the voltage.

If you didn't get one included with any of your fans, they're available to buy separately (although a little uncommon), but you can make your own: Linus did a video about it

I looked for low-noise adapter but couldn't find one, the molex connecter that came with the fan only has red and black wires. Thank you for reply.

Fans connected to mobo: bios or motherboard software.

or you can use fan controllers.

Good Morning...

Buy resistors and make your own low noise adapters. I wrote a script to determine what resistance and power handling specs needed based on fan specs. It's posted in a different thread, but I can post a direct link to the file here if you want.

search for something like "Fan Speed/Noise Reduction Cable" and possible can find somewhere carrying them.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99