Gigabyte Windforce 970s for SLI in an H440.

Speedbird
Go to solution Solved by bbrooking18,

It might be slightly longer but no you shouldn't have to remove the drive trays, SLI should be fine

Hello.

Last week I ordered an MSI Reference GTX 970 from my local PC hardware store, knowing that the cooler is good for SLI and it will fit in my case. However, when I contacted them about my order, they said that this card is out of stock. They offered to replace it with a Gigabyte Windforce one at no extra cost. So my question is, how good is the cooler for SLI and will it fit an H440? If I have to remove any hard drive cages, let me know and also how to do it. Thanks.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

The cooler on the gigabyte windforce is wonderful, you "should" be able to run the cards at minimum fan speed without any issues.

I run both my 970 G1's at 34% fan speed when gaming, and the top card hovers around 70-75c, bottom card around 63c.

It should also fit fine as well I'd imagine.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It might be slightly longer but no you shouldn't have to remove the drive trays, SLI should be fine

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

The cooler on the gigabyte windforce is wonderful, you "should" be able to run the cards at minimum fan speed without any issues.

I run both my 970 G1's at 34% fan speed when gaming, and the top card hovers around 70-75c, bottom card around 63c.

youll be fine. unless you got a few too many 3.5 inches

Thanks guys. I will only have 2 SSDs and 1 hard drive.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

There will be clearence issues, unless you take the drive cages out.

My 980 HoF doesn't fit without removing a drive cage.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |