CES 2015 Sponsor Appreciation Thread

Freesync Monitors look interesting but are notfor me, as long as they aren't compatible with Nvidia graphic cards (I know that this is up to Nvidia and not AMD).
If Nvidia implements a newer Dispolayport Portt, do they have to support it then anyway?

Thank goodness for Linus Tech Tips covering CES 2015 cuz Tek Syndicate just produced one of the worst summation videos of all time for them.  All sorts of YouTube idiots talking in the background over the Tek Syndicate folks speaking about the show. It was bloody awful and I had to shut it off after 7 minutes.  My head hurts.  **** Tek Syndicate for putting that mess up and I hope their sponsors are pissed.  Heck they didn't even produce many videos from CES 2015.  They would have been much better off staying home.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Great videos, a lot of cool stuff. But would be great if you, Linustechtips guys, when uploading video you would level out the ad volume with video volume. Cause now it is really annoying. When ad starts it shouts like hell, even got few scare jumps,, and when video starts to show you need to increase your sound by a lot. I wouldn't complain about that if there just few videos, but all CES uploads are the same.

But all together, nice work guys, keep it up!

NIce videos!

But the spam tho.. :)

5fb4b8ee7449cc994e75f883986e72ae.png

Intel Core i7 7700k | Asus GTX 1080 ti Strix | Asus ROG Strix Z270F | 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200 | 650W EVGA Supernova Plat | Corsair Crystal 460X | 4TB WD-B

Acer Predator X34P | Acer CB241HY | Logitech G513 | Logitech G903 & Powerplay | MMX300 Headpohnes | FiiO DAC-E10 | 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2

My System on imgur

Oh my gawd the Sony Pictures video, soo amazing makes you feel that you dont got 55,000$ for that projector :(

CPU: i7 5820k @4.5Ghz | Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 Quad Channel | GPU: GTX 970 @ 1579 Mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | OS: Windows 10

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | PSU: Corsair TX750 | Display: Samsung SyncMaster 2233 & SyncMaster SA350 | Cooling: Cooler Master Seidon 120M

Keyboard: Razer Lycosa | Mouse: Steelseries Kana | Sound: Steelseries Siberia V2

Luke for poop's sake why didn't you talk about all those wonderful Danbo things in the Cheero booth video?

6lFUB90.png

(Danbo is the cardboard box robot)

Give me those wonderful Danbo batteries :(

This video 

would have been funnier if it had been Linus getting tackled..... by Luke.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

linus would have been crushed since luke is a hulk and linus is so tiny.no offense linus 

That's why it would have been funny.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I would just like to say this. I do not mind the 10 sec sponsor spot at the beginning and the one at the end usually leads with something comedic so there is that. Thank you for your hardwork this week all you, now the editors turn to produce more content. I continue to see the annoying ad comments and the comments about future stuff. But this year is much shorter than previous years as you only have 2 and not 3 or 4 like before. Also even Tek has longer ones, but its just that you are producing more content that I guess people haven't realized. And MKBHD has been saying about future videos for a long time so I do not see the problem there. Continue to do what you are doing. I support you guys. And thanks again for all this great content. We all know Linus won't be allowed next year at CES anyways... #pcmasterrace #LinusLeftCESInRuins 

Did Luke actually pickup Austin AND Linus at the same time in Austin's video? How much does he lift? (obvious joke an austin+linus)

Powerful, Slim and Affordable gaming notebook you've got my attention Gigabyte :)

I like how the CES videos are only in 1080p and not 4k. Pleb resolution, might as well be watching on an xbox juan.

1080p ain't pleb you pleb.

NZXT is based in Cali.

So is NVIDIA.

Therefor, it's meant to be "Zee"

Not "En Zedd Ex Tee  "

Not "Titan Zedd"

That's like having a company name in a different language and pronouncing it in your own.

Something Americans are prone to do, actually. 

Every time I hear linus say "Zedd" when pronouncing NZXT I wanna hit him with an H440. 

Wow that would be almost as bad as completely taking the "y" out of "Hyundai", or saying "Bee Emm Dubble-yuu".

Does it really matter when it's just letters? I don't think I've ever even heard Linus say Zedd, in this context or any other. Most motherboards I've seen him talk about this year have been Zee-97. (When they haven't been Eckss-99, that is)

1080p ain't pleb you pleb.

Aw that's cute. I'll be over here being awesome in 4k. 

Can someone please tell me again who the sponsors are for CES 2015 for LTT?

/joking

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Aw that's cute. I'll be over here being awesome in 4k. 

And I will be here with awesome 1080p because I don't need 4k.

And I will be here with awesome 1080p because I don't need 4k.

I'll be over here with my 9800gts because I don't need a 780 or 980.  :rolleyes:

Wow that would be almost as bad as completely taking the "y" out of "Hyundai", or saying "Bee Emm Dubble-yuu".

Does it really matter when it's just letters? I don't think I've ever even heard Linus say Zedd, in this context or any other. Most motherboards I've seen him talk about this year have been Zee-97. (When they haven't been Eckss-99, that is)

Well since Hyundai is not an american company, I assume we pronounce it the way it is in their local location

I've heard linus say zedd in nzxt a lot,  but he switches a lot. I actually think he tries to not say zedd or soemthing in most of the produced videos, but in the WAN show he does it a lot. He does say zee most of the time, but not on some things like nzxt for some reason. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Figured I should mention, this was not a case review, it was a short coverage video of what is coming up from Antec. Yes, it is a cop out to say you've probably seen the features from other channels' coverage, but this should be treated more like a preview than a full review. If you're interested in the case, it shouldn't matter that you'll need to do some research, because you should do more than just look at one video, even if it's from a reliable source, when you're deciding on a computer case.

You're taking this the wrong way. I wasn't expecting a full review, just an overview of the bullet-point features like any and all other videos already are or should be. This video and more than a few others were rushed on Luke's side of things just like last year. The fact he didn't want to waste his time covering things "that we've likely already seen from other coverage" only proves that; and was meant to serve as highlighting that fact as the point of my post.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

@LinusTech You should totally get your hands on the Parrot Pot and that other thing (flower power 2?) Depending on the price i might consider one of them, i miss having a plant, but man im terrible at taking care of them-....Wonder if they work with Vegetables...

lol overtime Linus' voice just keeps getting worse and worse #JustCESThings...

"A very inspirational quote"

I've seen these logos more than enough in the past few days i think... :/

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

I did not check out any of the auto at CES but I am not sure why Luke down played Oculus in the video but that was probably one of the best at the show.

Im glad you guys got sponsored but the advertisement is agressive to the point its repulsing to buy the product. I dont think thats the goal here.

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Im glad you guys got sponsored but the advertisement is agressive to the point its repulsing to buy the product. I dont think thats the goal here.

This.

I was going to create a separate thread/rant regarding sponsorship integration for the CES videos. However, @Neftex sums it up perfectly.

I hope LMG read this and think about a more sensible way to integrate sponsors, especially when releasing videos very frequently, for events like CES, Computex, etc. While the CES coverage was excellent, I now share the same feelings as @Neftex and I'm sure we're not the only ones - the dedicated video on Phantom Glass only made this worse. Please take this onboard as constructive criticism.