CES 2015 Sponsor Appreciation Thread

I picked up one for my Z3... and I accidentally got the one for the Z3 compact instead. I sent a ops report and they sent me the correct protector! they are an awesome company with a amazing product! 

While other youtubers get the in room people to explain to the audience instead of hearing it first then the youtubers themselves say everything (like linus and jayz) here is linus using one of the employees as a stand for the device. bravo sir.

I can has? 

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

About the desktop CPU in a notebook

Has no one heard of clevo? You can get a damn xeon even! 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Wow lucky me. I went to PAX and all they had was some LoL crap. I should have gone to CES instead.

I am praying that Mionix Smart Mouse comes to market.  Please people back that on Kickstarter!  A very cool peripheral!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

will people actually buy that antec cooler for their VCR???

i also hear George is more of a boobs man....

Dat 100r has to be mine. I was going to get a spec-02 before I saw the NZXT S340 that is beautiful, especially compared to the spec series IMHO, but then the light.

Please release the 100r in Italy ASAP Corsair, was going to buy the components for the build this month!

NZXT is based in Cali.

So is NVIDIA.

Therefor, it's meant to be "Zee"

Not "En Zedd Ex Tee  "

Not "Titan Zedd"

That's like having a company name in a different language and pronouncing it in your own.

Something Americans are prone to do, actually. 

Every time I hear linus say "Zedd" when pronouncing NZXT I wanna hit him with an H440. 

Want to talk about an animal called a Zebra? It's pronounced "Zeh-bra" not "Zee-bra" as it was discovered in Africa, by people who pronounced it as "zed". Anyway, I still pronounce it En-Zed-Ex-Tee, I think it sounds better. I do agree on the Titan-zee, as Titan-zed sounds rather bad.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Dat 100r has to be mine. I was going to get a spec-02 before I saw the NZXT S340 that is beautiful, especially compared to the spec series IMHO, but then the light.

Please release the 100r in Italy ASAP Corsair, was going to buy the components for the build this month!

"That probably broke, it's okay though, It's the only one we own. ha."

I love George. He needs a youtube channel.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Want to talk about an animal called a Zebra? It's pronounced "Zeh-bra" not "Zee-bra" as it was discovered in Africa, by people who pronounced it as "zed". Anyway, I still pronounce it En-Zed-Ex-Tee, I think it sounds better. I do agree on the Titan-zee, as Titan-zed sounds rather bad.

You can just call it Next, too, ya know. I asked the reddit rep and he said that's pretty much what it was meant to be.

I write books for an unliving. 

"That probably broke, it's okay though, It's the only one we own. ha."

I love George. He needs a youtube channel.

Also, boobs tipe.

10/10

Could someone pls link me the original 300 billion pixel demo machine / an article about that ? ( video: World's Smallest PC Motherboard & Broadwell NUC vs 2008 Skulltrail - CES 2015)

thx

Edit: found it myself, thx anyway

Thanks Phantom Glass and HyperX!

The videos are great!

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Seemed like intel had a gun behind the camera.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Is it just me or did Linus seem very not-happy to be at the Corsair booth...

Just no real enthusiasm or energy throughout the whole video.

9qWqyjB.jpg

Free-sync is true free-sync is true, suck on that fanboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnBmjN-GVuw

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Just like to point out:
No Luke, I've not seen the features you didn't cover from other sources already. This is the first video on this new Antec chassis I've seen so since you didn't bother treating it like you're the only one covering it; I have to either go dig up information from other sources or take it as you don't give a frack and neither should I.
Sorry I'm not subscribed to ALL the tech channels. Didn't think it would ever matter.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/6145146?
This is how you own price to performance.
"Life is too precious to be wasted in misery." -Me.

NZXT is based in Cali.

So is NVIDIA.

Therefor, it's meant to be "Zee"

Not "En Zedd Ex Tee  "

Not "Titan Zedd"

That's like having a company name in a different language and pronouncing it in your own.

Something Americans are prone to do, actually. 

Every time I hear linus say "Zedd" when pronouncing NZXT I wanna hit him with an H440. 

If it's an abbreviation where you're meant to say every individual letter, you are free to say the letters however you like. Why would a person say letters in English when speaking another language? Same thing with Zed vs Zee. I'm sure no American would ever say Zed if the company was based anywhere else but America.

Ok I tried really hard to go to the HyperX YouTube channel and watch that Dota 2 stuff but I couldn't make it through the first seconds of the 3rd video going from most recent to older ones.  Sorry HyperX I tried but ...

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Thanks to Phantom Glass and HyperX for sponsoring LTT's trip to CES this year. The videos have been really interesting and have been coming out pretty much once every 3 hours (amazing), something they couldn't have done if not for you. Now if Luke would just stop teasing us about the Phantom Glass video.

Just like to point out:
No Luke, I've not seen the features you didn't cover from other sources already. This is the first video on this new Antec chassis I've seen so since you didn't bother treating it like you're the only one covering it; I have to either go dig up information from other sources or take it as you don't give a frack and neither should I.
Sorry I'm not subscribed to ALL the tech channels. Didn't think it would ever matter.

Figured I should mention, this was not a case review, it was a short coverage video of what is coming up from Antec. Yes, it is a cop out to say you've probably seen the features from other channels' coverage, but this should be treated more like a preview than a full review. If you're interested in the case, it shouldn't matter that you'll need to do some research, because you should do more than just look at one video, even if it's from a reliable source, when you're deciding on a computer case.

Is it just me or did Linus seem very not-happy to be at the Corsair booth...

Just no real enthusiasm or energy throughout the whole video.

9qWqyjB.jpg

Lets be real, he was probably super tired. 

Great expo, but the fact that they fail twice as often as WD means I can't really find my way towards wanting to purchase them

[image removed to save your scroll finger]

Funny, I've never lost segate drives personally, but I've lost WD drives. And I've owned tons of segate drives and only a few WD drives. 

Personal subjective experience aside,

I also find very, very hard to believe that Hirachi has a lower failure rate than both segate and WD. 

And why would the failure rate on the 1.5TB drives be that  much higher than the 4TB? That's the opposite of everything I've seen data wise to this point. Usually the less platters is better for that given it's the same housing and whatnot. 

Finally, I find the source of this has their own interest in this. They are a cloud backup solution, they are trying to fluff up data to justify that you should use their service instead of buying backup drives. 

They did test a hell of a lot of drives, so I will look more into the study though. 

______

They were testing Barracuda Greens. No wonder. 

Oh and 

Doing some research on backblaze, kinda like this company.

You should read into charts before just posting them. You didn't even list what drives they were. Or that they were used. Or that the company themselves said that the study is not really intensive

Oh, and an update

[image removed to save your scroll finger]

HGST is a WD subsidiary, and theremnants of Hitachi. I guess they are lumping in the deskstars with the NAS drives from HGST. I don't really know if they are any good, but I have heard good things about their 4TB drives (as for a while the price was perfect causing a lot of people to pick them up.)

Please see this article: http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/6028/dispelling-backblaze-s-hdd-reliability-myth-the-real-story-covered/index.html

That image is thrown around all the time but has no merit.