CES 2015 Sponsor Appreciation Thread

Haha Luke, you can't both have the first CES video.

CES is huge they're probably at different buildings.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

You are good companies and people say nice things about you.

Thanks to Phantom Glass and HyperX for sending these awesome people to CES 2015.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

North american's who say  Zed insead of Zee annoy the shit out of me.

And I get it, originally it was pronounced zed..it's historically and phonetically accurate as justified by the latin origins of the language..still, picking and choosing words, dialects, and in some cases he even does it with mannerisms just makes him seem posh. 

all personalities are facades, but when a person (specifically an entertainer) makes the veil that damn thin it's like a slap in the face.

Great video though!

I don't think that Luke is trying to be 'posh'.  He is Canadian and in Canada we say 'zed' where as in the US they say 'zee'.

@LinusTech your sound in the intro is little bit muffled and the background noise is horrible, @Slick sound is crisp and warm - I like it-

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Linus wants to see your rack!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

cant wait to see some footage of ces :D

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

I thought about going to CES once, then looked at the expenses for travel and hotel costs..

Enjoy CES 2015!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

And I get it, originally it was pronounced zed..it's historically and phonetically accurate as justified by the latin origins of the language..still, picking and choosing words, dialects, and in some cases he even does it with mannerisms just makes him seem posh. 

all personalities are facades, but when a person (specifically an entertainer) makes the veil that damn thin it's like a slap in the face.

Great video though!

uhm, I'm sorry that Canadians annoy you so much, but we learn to say Zed and Zee is an americanism that we pick up and use interchangeably, similar to our use of the imperial system when in schools we were taught metric. 

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Really great of them to send you.. I'm almost surprised that a screen protector company would have the bank to send your entire team to a bloody event, that's pretty awesome of them.

If I didn't have an absolutely worthless phone I'd get a super swaggy dbrand skin and a good screen protector like those ones, but it's so old, I can't be assed to spend the money.  If I actually get a decent phone, seems like a worthwhile choice for protection.  

Great expo, but the fact that they fail twice as often as WD means I can't really find my way towards wanting to purchase them

hard-drive-annual-failure-rate-hitachi-s

Funny, I've never lost segate drives personally, but I've lost WD drives. And I've owned tons of segate drives and only a few WD drives. 

Personal subjective experience aside,

I also find very, very hard to believe that Hirachi has a lower failure rate than both segate and WD. 

And why would the failure rate on the 1.5TB drives be that  much higher than the 4TB? That's the opposite of everything I've seen data wise to this point. Usually the less platters is better for that given it's the same housing and whatnot. 

Finally, I find the source of this has their own interest in this. They are a cloud backup solution, they are trying to fluff up data to justify that you should use their service instead of buying backup drives. 

They did test a hell of a lot of drives, so I will look more into the study though. 

______

They were testing Barracuda Greens. No wonder. 

Oh and 

Backblaze said this particular model is pretty bad, but it cautions not to read too much into it. The company received these specific drives as warranty replacements, so they were probably refurbished with wear and tear on them by the time they met Backblaze’s HDD taskmasters.

Doing some research on backblaze, kinda like this company.

You should read into charts before just posting them. You didn't even list what drives they were. Or that they were used. Or that the company themselves said that the study is not really intensive

Oh, and an update

In the chart below, the grey bars are the failure rates up through the end of 2013, and the colored bars are the failure rates including all of the data up through the end of June, 2014.

blog-fail-drives-manufactureX.jpg

HGST is a WD subsidiary, and theremnants of Hitachi. I guess they are lumping in the deskstars with the NAS drives from HGST. I don't really know if they are any good, but I have heard good things about their 4TB drives (as for a while the price was perfect causing a lot of people to pick them up.)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

In this video, you can cut the awkwardness with a knife. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

e9V9h.png

and then he had to make that hand gesture at the end of the video as if it wasn't awkward enough for her.........

LinusSexualHarassmentTips

oh If it was Luke that said it I'm sure she would show more than just the rack. boom chaka bowwow

Thanks to the sponsors for sending the team to CES this year. Great content uptil now.

Also: Linus you should really ask Luke for clothing tips ...

• Primary PC: i7-3770K@4,6GHz | Thermalright Macho | ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance@1866MHz | 2x Gigabyte 660ti 3GB@1130MHz | 256 GB Samsung 840 | WD Black 1TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 650W | Zalman Z11
  • Secondary PC: i7-860@3,1GHz | Scythe Katana 3 | ASUS Maximus III Formula P55 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | 2x Zotac GTX 280@650MHz | WD Velociraptor 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 750W | Coolermaster Cosmos S

There should really be a thread for each video.

Getting notifications about new videos by following this forum is imo more convenient than logging into youtube and the discussion here beats youtube comments for sure.

HyperX is my go-to when selecting any flash memory thingy. Too bad Fury wasn't around when I was selecting my current RAM (Predator was too expensive) but I recommended it to friends build. Plus I got 3K SSD. /End of appreciation part.

Now to complain/critique. The audio balance between intro (loud) and videos (really quiet compared) is just plain annoying. With my normal volume I have @LinusTech shouting to my ear following normal speaking @Slick. Or if I decrease volume its normal Linus and whispering Luke. I'm pretty sure same thing was problem with last years coverage on both CES and Computex.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Great video though!

Are we going to ignore the fact that "North Americans who say zed annoy you" when it's basically only the United States who say Zee? Most of the rest of the world says Zed. Only the USA and American-influenced countries say Zee.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Thanks sponsors !!

You rock :)

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

고마워요!

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Are we going to ignore the fact that "North Americans who say zed annoy you" when it's basically only the United States who say Zee? Most of the rest of the world says Zed. Only the USA and American-influenced countries say Zee.

NZXT is based in Cali.

So is NVIDIA.

Therefor, it's meant to be "Zee"

Not "En Zedd Ex Tee  "

Not "Titan Zedd"

That's like having a company name in a different language and pronouncing it in your own.

Something Americans are prone to do, actually. 

Every time I hear linus say "Zedd" when pronouncing NZXT I wanna hit him with an H440. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Any chance for any videos about Lenovo stuff, more specifically the new thinkpads and the LaVie Z?

hi nick.

nice video and as usual very entertaining.
As an owner of a ref 780ti, the gpu cooling solution might really interesting me in a near future. I hope linus make a full review of the the product when it hit the market.