CES 2015 Sponsor Appreciation Thread

Without them it would be prohibitively expensive for us to come to the show and bring you guys this content, so I'd like to express my sincere gratitude towards our sponsors because they (and you) make it possible for us to keep doing what we're doing, which is arguably one of the coolest jobs in the world.

They've both been great partners and asked for pretty much nothing other than mentions in our videos, which gives us the freedom to create the content we feel you guys will enjoy.

Huge thanks again to our two sponsors :')

43da92ba2b.jpg

Our gold sponsor this year is Phantom Glass! Their gorilla glass screen protectors are our current favorite here at Linus Media group, and as they say, they are the last screen protector you will ever need (for that phone). We have a very cool new video coming out about these screen protectors from CES, and they have a ton of product offerings both in the store now and coming up over the next couple of months. So be sure to check them out at http://store.phantom.glass.

00V8wei.jpg

And our silver sponsor for CES 2015 is the HyperX YouTube channel. They are posting a LOT of awesome new content every week with eSports personalities that is genuinely interesting and entertaining. And they are closing in on a very important milestone - 100,000 subscribers! So head over to their channel at http://youtube.com/hyperx, check out their content, and if you like it make sure you hit that subscribe button - they appreciate every one.

Thanks again to our sponsors, and thanks to you guys - make sure you keep your eyes peeled all week for all of our CES content!

hi nick!

"Instinct or Rationality; Which will you choose? Enchanted by a superiority complex"

"what you do in spite of internet speed is inspiring. :3" From Cae - 2015

Hi nick, just glad it isn't AT&T *looking at linus face*.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Hi nick!

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Hi Nick!

@nicklmg Only two sponsors? No Corsair and Intel this time?

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Herrow, start pushing some videos already!

EDIT: Finally! :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Hi Nick glad you won in Nick vs Nick (or was that the other nick) anyway I was rooting for you.

Enjoy #CES2015

p.s. have you seen pauls getto mounted camera yet?

Hi nick, just glad it isn't AT&T *looking at linus face*.

I'll take the blame for that one - it was a super rushed decision, and I didn't assess the situation properly.

I can wholeheartedly say that both Phantom Glass and HyperX are sponsors that we are excited and proud to have on Linus Tech Tips.

Thanks Hyper X and Phantomglass!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A Linus video that he did for HyperX.  Thanks HyperX for sending LTT to CES 2015.

Also thanks Phantom Glass for sending LTT to CES 2015 too.  Checked out the website of yours but unfortunately for you I have no need for your products.  GL to you in the future.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

10 to 14% I find very hard to believe. I guarantee someone's pockets are being lined to post this bs.  BACKBLAZE on the take.

First LTT's CES video here!

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Thanks again to our sponsors, and thanks to you guys - make sure you keep your eyes peeled all week for all of our CES content!

Do I have to? That's gonna hurt. I'd need to get a new peeler. :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Kingston-Computex-HyperX-OC-Takeover-Gir

news_computex2008_kingstongirls-06a_full

The HyperX OC Takeover Girls.  Sexy time = HyperX

Please feel free to continue to do presentations on enterprise level business technology. We love technology, even if we'll never use it (cough GTX Titan cough cough)

Also, if you could do reviews of this type of technology, maybe see if it gets enough views.. I have a feeling a lot of people will geek out about the things you geek out about!

Gaming since 97, aka the Almost No Longer a Noob Squad

Here is the second video!

Here is my own first attempt at photo editing in a long time to make a Phantom Glass girl (artistic version).

post-5177-0-00862000-1420554272.jpg

I rather would like native video/audio capabilities and/or Host-to-Host connection possibilities (like PC-to-PC) than just a reversible connector in the new USB standard.
We all know Thunderbolt is still better than USB but more expensive, why aren't they going to just implement some of the advantages of Thunderbolt into USB?
Reducing the needed ports on ultrabooks and similar devices is more needed than just a reversible connector.
For me, I never really plug in the USB connector the wrong way because I check the plug and turn it if needed, I know which way the plug on my device is anyway, it's not hard to remember this. The inner part of the USB plug which is blue/white should point towards the inner board where the USB port is on.

Here is the second video!

North american's who say  Zed insead of Zee annoy the shit out of me.

And I get it, originally it was pronounced zed..it's historically and phonetically accurate as justified by the latin origins of the language..still, picking and choosing words, dialects, and in some cases he even does it with mannerisms just makes him seem posh. 

all personalities are facades, but when a person (specifically an entertainer) makes the veil that damn thin it's like a slap in the face.

Great video though!

Gaming since 97, aka the Almost No Longer a Noob Squad

Can I get phantom glass on my zed board, for scratch resistance?