Fiio E10K and Audio Technica ADG1 problem

DonAce

I have the audio technica adg1  and I want to use the mic on it while using the headphones. Well, If I use the 4pole connector on my Fiio there doesn't seem to be any input, and If I use the pig tail adapter and plug the mic part into my mobo I constantly hear a slight high pitched whine. Anybody know how to use the mic with the 4 pole connector on the fiio or how to get rid of that whine? My computer does seem to say that I can use the fiio as a mic input somehow

As far as i can see it, you need to use an adapter to drive the mic. Do you hear the high pitched whine directly in your headphones?

You are probably getting some sort of ground loop, has your PC different "Mic in" ports? (like back and front?)

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

As far as i can see it, you need to use an adapter to drive the mic. Do you hear the high pitched whine directly in your headphones?

You are probably getting some sort of ground loop, has your PC different "Mic in" ports? (like back and front?)

Yeah, I have two ports. but the whine doesn't happen if I plug the headphone in the front panel with the mic

The fiio doesn't do mic. 

Fair enough, I just need to do the adapter but I don't know how to get rid of the whine

Fair enough, I just need to do the adapter but I don't know how to get rid of the whine

You're kind of out of luck. Nothing you can do about it. You can go get the syba dac if you want but other than getting something to replace your onboard, there's no fixing it. 

Where is that Fiio plugged into?

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Where is that Fiio plugged into?

A Usb port

A Usb port

It gets it audio and power from the same usb port right? Did you try to plug it into any other usb port by any chance?

Get a ground loop isolator. They're cheap, but you might end up needing more various adapters.

Alternatively, get a Syba DAC.

It gets it audio and power from the same usb port right? Did you try to plug it into any other usb port by any chance?

Yeah I did, it still keeps happening

Get a ground loop isolator. They're cheap, but you might end up needing more various adapters.

Alternatively, get a Syba DAC.

If I get a ground loop isolator where would I go from there

I have the same problem with my V-Moda M-100's. If I use the splitter adapter on the boompro mic and use a longer lead to plug the mic in seperately I get all sorts of whining. Have not found a way to fix that. Real bitch of a thing :/

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

If I get a ground loop isolator where would I go from there

you just plug it between your Mic and PC so it will isolate the grounds between your computer's Mic input and the USB so a loop will not occur so you won't get that noise in your headphones.