Corsair K70 & K95 RGB With Cherry MX Blues discontinued

Rock48

Third, Cherry MX Blue as a key overall isn't a very popular switch in comparison to Red and Brown. This may be contrary to what many believe but based on the volume of what we've been asked to produce, Cherry MX Blue is vastly outsold by Red and Brown MX (both RGB and single LED). This isn't just from a single region either and ultimately played a role in our decision to discontinue the MX Blue RGB.

Is this BS?

I though blues were one of the more popular switches?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Is this BS?

The brown's are the most popular. The Blues tend to be fairly polarizing; either people love them, or hate them.

But Corsair is saying that the Blue RGB's, while popular, were hard to manufacture, and coupled with a tight production capability from Cherry, meant it was no longer sustainable to keep offering the Blue RGB's. I would not rule out a future product with Blue RGB's in my opinion if Cherry can get the yields figured out and expand their production capability.

Edit: reading the Corsair forums on the topic, there has been quality issues with the Blue RGB switches for a while. More people are buying Browns and Red's, with Brown's leading Red's by a hair.

Is this BS?

A lot of gamers I know use blues or knock offs of blues...

when people think of mech keyboards it is always the clacky and loud one

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

I have the K70 with Blues myself, I wouldn't want a different switch.

Well, looks like I have to get a k70 RGB with browns instead, whenever the f that decides to show up online and doesn't sell out instantly..

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Whaaaat? then how did i order a Corsair K70 RGB with cherry mx blues if they were discontinued and pulled from stock? i live in the philippines by the way and this post confuses me 

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

The brown's are the most popular. The Blues tend to be fairly polarizing; either people love them, or hate them.

But Corsair is saying that the Blue RGB's, while popular, were hard to manufacture, and coupled with a tight production capability from Cherry, meant it was no longer sustainable to keep offering the Blue RGB's. I would not rule out a future product with Blue RGB's in my opinion if Cherry can get the yields figured out and expand their production capability.

Edit: reading the Corsair forums on the topic, there has been quality issues with the Blue RGB switches for a while. More people are buying Browns and Red's, with Brown's leading Red's by a hair.

quality issue? what kind? cause im getting my k70 rgb blue switch on friday, should i be worried?

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Mother Board: ASUS P8B75-M LE GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition RAM: Kingston 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Thermaltake LT-500NL2NL 500W

PERIPHERALS: Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Dell S2340L 60Hz 23.0" Speakers: Harman Kardon Soundsticks III Mouse Pad: Steelseries QCK Headphones: Superlux HD 668B

I suppose it's a simple case of the blue not being office friendly, hence limits them to home use... Coupled with thr inherent difficulty of having additional moving parts... Yea... Nevertheless im suprised, considering their theorethical popularity among tech crowds. Luckilly i prefer browns :)

I am very disappointed by this news, I was planning on splurging on a Corsair K95 RGB with MX Blue switches, but it seems that Corsair has made up my mind for me.

I was planning on the same and have been watching for weeks for someplace to get them in stock... guess that won't be happening now. The sad part is, with their exclusive rights to the Cherry RGB switches, there really aren't any other options.

Anyone have a k95 RGB with MX Blues they want to sell to me? haha

Personally, I think Reds and Blacks are much more similar to membranes compared to Blues or Browns. Sure Reds and Blacks are far superior to membrane, but they still don't have those unique features Blues or Browns offer.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

I feel sorry for my colleagues and competitors that have to make the phone calls to tell people they can't have their keyboards. I do understand the little sales though for MX blues in comparison though.

While I was initially upset about it, I am glad that I ordered a keyboard with mx reds in it, They are plenty loud, pretty sure if my keyboard is any louder, it would make being in a Skype call with me unbearable.

Not enough demand?

I sat on my ass waiting for Amazon to stock them directly, in a price that wasn't inflated by 40%. 

Screw them then. Anyone else have a RGB or even single LED recommendation that comes in blues? 

Nowhere in that did it say the word "demand" once. 

I'm pretty gutted about this. I have a normal K70 with blues and it's awesome. I like browns too but blues are just so nice to type on all day. 

I swear there was some poll that found blues were more popular? Weird.

*within a small subset of the PC gaming community

Low yield + significantly less demand than other switches is why this happened.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Not enough demand? They weren't even listed on Corsairs site or any other retailer. Fuck off you retarded cunts (corsair).

Not enough demand?

I sat on my ass waiting for Amazon to stock them directly, in a price that wasn't inflated by 40%. 

Screw them then. Anyone else have a RGB or even single LED recommendation that comes in blues? 

Ducky Shine keyboards, any color led, any color backlight. If you can find a 2 or 3 I would get that since the 4 looks cheaper and flashier in my opinion.

Was kinda upset about this one, as I wanted to buy a keyboard with MX Blues, Reds it is for me I guess. I suppose it's understandable as to why it happened, but still kinda upsetting. Anyway here's the quote from Corsair James on the corsair forums.

Which can be found in this thread.

TL;DR: Cherry MX RGB Blues are no more, too hard to make, not enough 

if they want to sell there product then they need to give all options

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Eh, the new switches by Razer last longer anyway and are just as good. Now we need variety.

The Razer switches are also made in China by 5-year old kids working 16+ hours a day for only a few pennies at a factory with record-high suicide rates. On top of that, there is no quality control for those keys and as someone who has typed on one I can easily feel the inconsistency between the keys compared to my Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Blues. If you buy a Razer keyboard, you are killing a child in China.

Actually, Cherry is having a hard time producing RGB MX Blue switches. Understandably so since it is the one switch among the 4 popular ones that has the most physical interaction for the nub and click.

Why, what makes them any different?

The Razer switches are also made in China by 5-year old kids working 16+ hours a day for only a few pennies at a factory with record-high suicide rates. On top of that, there is no quality control for those keys and as someone who has typed on one I can easily feel the inconsistency between the keys compared to my Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Blues. If you buy a Razer keyboard, you are killing a child in China.

My BlackWidow Chroma feels pretty great - I can't tell the difference between it and the Cherry MX Blue keyboard I got my parents for xmas. (I'm not even sure if I can feel that negligible change in actuation point that Razer claims to have)

And I'm fine with the whole child-killing thing. China's too overpopulated anyway.

My BlackWidow Chroma feels pretty great - I can't tell the difference between it and the Cherry MX Blue keyboard I got my parents for xmas. (I'm not even sure if I can feel that negligible change in actuation point that Razer claims to have)

And I'm fine with the whole child-killing thing. China's too overpopulated anyway.

You probably haven't noticed it because either you aren't a touch typest, or you are just stupid. Also that second statement is horrible so fuck you.

- -

Apparently: http://www.cherry.de/cid/MX_Technology.htm?cpssessionid=SID-5EF9A9D2-7C03D356#/module-data/mx-blue-rgb-level (scroll down 4 times)

Blues have an extra plastic compared to the others, breaking up centre piece in order to make the clicking action. I have no clue how this could effect the manufacturing process though.

You probably haven't noticed it because either you aren't a touch typest, or you are just stupid. Also that second statement is horrible so fuck you.

Or you're just blinded by the placebo effect. My second statement was meant in jest, because I assumed you weren't being serious when you said "If you buy a Razer keyboard, you are killing a child in China.".

But apparently you were 100% serious about everything you typed? What a sad little man you must be...

The Razer switches are also made in China by 5-year old kids working 16+ hours a day for only a few pennies at a factory with record-high suicide rates. On top of that, there is no quality control for those keys and as someone who has typed on one I can easily feel the inconsistency between the keys compared to my Ducky Shine II with Cherry MX Blues. If you buy a Razer keyboard, you are killing a child in China.

Do some research. They're not made in a FoxConn factory by the hands of kids. They're manufactured by machines. Now, quality control might involve some kids, but those kids would otherwise have no money. If you worry about the kids in China, go make your own manufacturing plant with better conditions.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

FU CORSAIR FU I WANTED A BLUE RGB KEYBOARD

Now I'll have to get a regular blue KB like a peasant. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch