Corsair K70 & K95 RGB With Cherry MX Blues discontinued

Rock48

Was kinda upset about this one, as I wanted to buy a keyboard with MX Blues, Reds it is for me I guess. I suppose it's understandable as to why it happened, but still kinda upsetting. Anyway here's the quote from Corsair James on the corsair forums.

Hi all, Im back from vacation (I hope everyone had a good holiday). I wanted to confirm that unfortunately, we are (at least for the foreseeable future) discontinuing Cherry MX Blue RGB keys. We are NOT discontinuing Cherry MX Blue (Single LED) which is still found on our Corsair Gaming non-RGB K70. 

The official statement is as follows:

"Due to extremely low yield on RGB blue switch, it is not possible for Corsair to continue production on this product. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for patience thus far, please contact our Customer Service if you have an open order with Corsair and waiting for fulfillment. For those of you who do not need RGB but still want Cherry MX blue switches, we ARE producing the non-RGB K70/K95 keyboards with Cherry MX blue switches. 

I would like to take this opportunity to clarify it more though. First I want to apologize that we didn't announce it earlier. We ultimately made the decision to discontinue the Cherry MX Blue during the company shutdown so our distributors would know and react accordingly. We felt that it was best most of the customers who had pre-orders know right away rather than wait even longer for us to return to make it public.

Second, MX RGB Blue switches were difficult to create in the first place and we had constant issues of not having enough from Cherry due to their limited production capacity as they were also producing RGB MX Red/Brown and single-LED MX Red/Blue/Brown keys. 

Third, Cherry MX Blue as a key overall isn't a very popular switch in comparison to Red and Brown. This may be contrary to what many believe but based on the volume of what we've been asked to produce, Cherry MX Blue is vastly outsold by Red and Brown MX (both RGB and single LED). This isn't just from a single region either and ultimately played a role in our decision to discontinue the MX Blue RGB.

We do apologize for those who were anticipating this version of our Corsair Gaming RGB Keyboards. For those customers who have issues with their already-purchased MX Blue RGB keyboards, our customer service are prepared to assist you accordingly. Feel free to post or PM me any questions or concerns you may have and I'll address them personally.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Which can be found in this thread.

TL;DR: Cherry MX RGB Blues are no more, too hard to make, not enough demand.

That's stupid, blues are great.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I had some trouble getting a normal k70 with blues, Overclockers told me that it was no longer in production. Either Corsair is BSing us with the "We are NOT discontinuing Cherry MX Blue (Single LED) which is still found on our Corsair Gaming non-RGB K70." or Overclockers is telling me BS

NOOOO!

I NEED my k95 rgb mx blue.

Am I wrong in reading that that there will be a non rgb mx blue k95?

Yeah I think there is

Not enough demand?

I sat on my ass waiting for Amazon to stock them directly, in a price that wasn't inflated by 40%. 

Screw them then. Anyone else have a RGB or even single LED recommendation that comes in blues? 

I'd wait until their contract with Cherry is up and Cooler Master and others are able to sell Cherry RGB keyboards.

So they continue with non-rgb blues but refuse to continue with rgb.

Wadafucka flying fuck is this ??!!

I stopped checking stock when i ordered my red switches in november, but im curious HAS ANYBODY RECEIVED the RGB BLUE version or were u all stuck on pre-orders and waiting for the keyboard until now January 20 freaking 15 ???

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I want everyone to SEE and HEAR my keyboard, even in neighboring houses! Niche switch on a niche board at a niche price. I can understand why they'd drop it.

I had some trouble getting a normal k70 with blues, Overclockers told me that it was no longer in production. Either Corsair is BSing us with the "We are NOT discontinuing Cherry MX Blue (Single LED) which is still found on our Corsair Gaming non-RGB K70." or Overclockers is telling me BS

They're in stock on both Amazon on Newegg, I doubt they stopped production on Blues. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816031&cm_re=Corsair_k70-_-23-816-031-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816021&cm_re=Corsair_k70-_-23-816-021-_-Product

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Mechanical-Keyboard-Backlit-CH-9000076-NA/dp/B00M5DUJQ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1420494829&sr=8-2&keywords=Corsair+K70

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Link? 

Can't find any for sale, but that doesn't mean they'll never be, especially considering James said

we ARE producing the non-RGB K70/K95 keyboards with Cherry MX blue switches. 

He did say K95s with blues are being produced, not sure when we'll get em though.

That's stupid, blues are great.

is it though? blues are really for typists and the last time i looked there are not too many offices rocking the rgb keyboard look...not to mention the k70 and k95 are both very much gaming keyboards

Not enough demand?

I sat on my ass waiting for Amazon to stock them directly, in a price that wasn't inflated by 40%. 

Screw them then. Anyone else have a RGB or even single LED recommendation that comes in blues? 

maybe your were waiting not because of demand but supply?

single LED in blues.....errr the k70 none rgb

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Eh, the new switches by Razer last longer anyway and are just as good. Now we need variety.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

is it though? blues are really for typists and the last time i looked there are not too many offices rocking the rgb keyboard look...not to mention the k70 and k95 are both very much gaming keyboards

maybe your were waiting not because of demand but supply?

single LED in blues.....errr the k70 none rgb

I use blues for gaming and I love them.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Eh, the new switches by Razer last longer anyway and are just as good. Now we need variety.

They still don't give quite the same feel that blues do.

Meh. They lost any chance of me buying another corsair keyboard when they went to the tramp stamp.

I would love a non-RGB K95 in blues with the sails emblem though.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Who even want to buy a tramp stamp keyboard anyways? Corsair, fix your sh*t and I will happily buy one of your keyboards :)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

I swear there was some poll that found blues were more popular? Weird.

I found this it shows that blue and browns are by far the most popular with 30% and 34% respectively.

Doesn't really bother me. If I do get this keyboard it will be red or brown switches.

That's terrible.... Wtf corsair, a new logo and now this? I've been a corsair fanboy for a while but i'm starting to lose faith in you.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Jesus people this is likely a temporary thing until yields are back up. Oh noes, you don't get your clicky browns..

Jeez.