Star Citizen UOLTT Official Battle EXtravaganza!

rentaspoon

Your Organisation Needs YOU!

Welcome To Battle Extravaganza! (or BEX! for short)

Do you have what it takes to become the best pilot in the universe? League tables will be a helping factor in choosing initial military leaders, although it's not a guarantee you will get the place, it will work in your favour! Signup here

Official UOLTT Teamspeak server: ts3.lttconglomerate.org

Full members and affiliates welcome.

Scoreboard

July Meetups are Saturday 11th and 25th

August Meetups are Saturday 8th and 22nd  - Meet up times are still the same as always.

Here are the following (BST) times:
  • 8.30PM - 9.30PM - Meet on the Teamspeak server for a chat and wait for people to arrive (hopefully everyone will be there), a quick test match to make sure everything is working PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR STAR CITIZEN IS UP TO DATE!
  • 9.30PM - Official Match is played. If the number explode say we have 32 players turn up then we will play multiple games simultaneously and accumulate the scores no player gets left behind.
  • 10PM - 1st game starts if it hasn't already, remember to take a screenshot of the end game score.
  • 10.30pm - Second match is played against the winners of the previous match or we play a second match
Game Details
Battle Royale will be the first match of the night.Second match will be chosen in the teamspeak serverMaps are dying star unless otherwise stated
A few things to note is there will be no handicaps or limitations until further notice and this is a friendly competition please be in it to have fun.

Are You Ready? Make sure you have done these first!

• Make sure your game is up to date
  • Make sure you have added all the names from the sign up sheet to your lobby on the RSI forum, this speeds up match setup time.
  • Have a way to take screenshots, F12 is the in game option but I recommend MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display, AMD Raptr and Shadowplay may be an option.
  • IF you are streaming or recording please make sure you have tested this before the start of the game.
  • Make sure you have Teamspeak setup.

See you around the verse!

FAQ

Scoring!

How does scoring work in Vanduul Swarm?

The end time is the decider however if you fail to finish your wave will be taken into account along with accumulated group score, this is a team game so you need to work together.

Hopefully there should be no tie at that point and this way it doesn't make it about kills and gives the weaker ships an equal chance.
What if there is?
Then we will have joint winners, hopefully there won't be more than 2 at a time
What is there is more than two?
Then god help us.

I'm part of LMG, are there any rules for me?

Just to add a little in house fighting between Linus and Slick, the LMG employee that has the highest score at the end of the month becomes “Supreme Overlord Of the Orios”.
Other Questions

How Will this benefit the Org?
Hopefully we will push our Org score in the RSI leaderboard up and bring in more members as well as making us more active.
How will this benefit me\why should I join\are there any perks?
You could become "Ace of the Month" or "Pilot of the Month" and find yourselve in the "Hall Of Fame/Aces".
Can I help?
Sure! I'll always accept help. However if there are roles to be filled regular LTT forum users and regular UOLTT pilots will always get preference, also not all the roles I have maybe glamorous.

why did I read the title with the voice of Dr. Doofensmirtz

HELP

I have no idea who that is

Can you fix some of the text? For us dark users?  ^_^

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Have all you been able to get co-op to work? So far even co-op vanduul swarm has been completely broken for me and whoever I try to start a match with.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Have all you been able to get co-op to work? So far even co-op vanduul swarm has been completely broken for me and whoever I try to start a match with.

I haven't tried it yet but do need to test it at some point

Can you fix some of the text? For us dark users? ^_^

Sorry, looks fine to me but I'll change it

Just to be sure, what are the differences between the public league and the official one?

Official one is on the 16th against/with org members.

The "public" one on the 9th allows everyone to join in one way or another but it's done in public matches rather than against org members.

I like the no handicap/limitations rule.

Just take your best boat and let's kill some Vanduul!

I like the no handicap/limitations rule.

Just take your best boat and let's kill some Vanduul!

It seemed unfair to cap when we don't know what people will turn up with and so far there are not a lot of people with Auroras

Hey, I'm sure that you guys must have a spare box or two lying around he office. Setting up an org TeamSpeak server would be grand. And it would also help with organizing this and future events. :)

Hey, I'm sure that you guys must have a spare box or two lying around he office. Setting up an org TeamSpeak server would be grand. And it would also help with organizing this and future events. :)

UOLTT isn't owned or controlled by Linus or LMG, but that would be a good idea.

Maybe @ixi_your_face can help with the teamspeak? I don't know. Just thought of you because your a mod 

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Maybe @ixi_your_face can help with the teamspeak? I don't know. Just thought of you because your a mod 

A few issues...

Server hosting.

TS3 licenses.

I can't afford to pay for hosting off my own back, even if it is just a few £ a month.

And we can't get a NPL license because we're associated with LTT. And i def can't afford that...

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

we may or may not be borrowing a spot. but it won't hold the org.

maybe Star Citizen will help and put a voice chat system in game.

UOLTT isn't owned or controlled by Linus or LMG, but that would be a good idea.

A few issues...

Server hosting.

TS3 licenses.

I can't afford to pay for hosting off my own back, even if it is just a few £ a month.

And we can't get a NPL license because we're associated with LTT. And i def can't afford that...

This.

I did look at having a TS/mumble server, as much as I love the idea, it's money out of my pocket for something I wouldn't use and I don't have expendable cash ATM.

But IIRC razer comms is free so I would suggest looking at that instead.

talk.gg? Again just throwing out ideas. 

This.
I did look at having a TS/mumble server, as much as I love the idea, it's money out of my pocket for something I wouldn't use and I don't have expendable cash ATM.

I've used comms. It was a while ago but it might work for our purpose.

As long as the NPL was only used for UOLTT would it not fall within the NPL guidelines?

I would offer to setup a server but with the amount of members taking part I don't think my connection would hold up and maintain a playable game, also being in NZ probably wouldn't make it ideal for the majority of members. If push comes to shove I'll set one up to use for the events but might have to play around with player limits and audio codecs to find a balance that works.

Also what about Steam chat? I'm sure everyone has that ;) I suppose you don't get much in the way of channel management though but not different from Razer Comms, Curse, Skype, etc. from what I can tell.

Razer comms is not bad from my experience. My comms name is ULTRATRON. Feel free to add me. Cheers!

I've also created the "LTT COMMS GROUP" group on Razer Comms. If anyone has comms installed - try to find it and try to join. We need to test this thing before we decide to use it.

I don't remember ANYTHING form comms. I'm gonna have to completely re-setup my account lol

As long as the NPL was only used for UOLTT would it not fall within the NPL guidelines?

I would offer to setup a server but with the amount of members taking part I don't think my connection would hold up and maintain a playable game, also being in NZ probably wouldn't make it ideal for the majority of members. If push comes to shove I'll set one up to use for the events but might have to play around with player limits and audio codecs to find a balance that works.

Also what about Steam chat? I'm sure everyone has that ;) I suppose you don't get much in the way of channel management though but not different from Razer Comms, Curse, Skype, etc. from what I can tell.

If we go NPL you really want it on a remote server, I haven't looked at steam chat, it's all happening to fast!

talk.gg? Again just throwing out ideas.

I've used comms. It was a while ago but it might work for our purpose.

Talk.gg was a good find basic and simple to use, so that's in the box pending further investigation

Razer comms is not bad from my experience. My comms name is ULTRATRON. Feel free to add me. Cheers!

How easy is it setting up group chats?

How easy is it setting up group chats?

As far as I remember once you add people to your contact list, you can easily create groups from selected members. Comms also remembers those groups for future use. We'll have to check - I used it briefly and it was some time ago.

This.

Exactly

I'm not entirely fond of comms, I know of a few rather hair raising bugs that used to be around, idk if they've fixed them or not though, so it's def an idea..

We wouldn't fall within the NPL guidelines as our primary site is this one, and there are ads. The guidelines state that there must be no ads or donation areas on the site, sooooo yeahhhhhh.

I'd happily set a TS up though, no doubt on that part, just getting the money together etc is a real pain, especially since i'm particularly keen on not asking anyone for actual monetary help with the org :P

Although, it's definitely a possibility to look into just having a free TS for now, and use that for the battles... Max number of players is 32, so we'd have to have quite a bit of cooperation etc, but if we don't exceed 32 people on at any time, we should be pretty good afaik...

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to say them :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Exactly

I'm not entirely fond of comms, I know of a few rather hair raising bugs that used to be around, idk if they've fixed them or not though, so it's def an idea..

We wouldn't fall within the NPL guidelines as our primary site is this one, and there are ads. The guidelines state that there must be no ads or donation areas on the site, sooooo yeahhhhhh.

I'd happily set a TS up though, no doubt on that part, just getting the money together etc is a real pain, especially since i'm particularly keen on not asking anyone for actual monetary help with the org :P

Although, it's definitely a possibility to look into just having a free TS for now, and use that for the battles... Max number of players is 32, so we'd have to have quite a bit of cooperation etc, but if we don't exceed 32 people on at any time, we should be pretty good afaik...

If anyone has any ideas, feel free to say them :D

32 people in one chat speaking freely though....... Not always the greatest thing lol :D