Acer announcing 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor with IPS (Update: Reviewed)

Faa

I don't think i am.

I'm talking about the time it takes for your movements to register on the display, correct?

You are incorrect.

Response Time is the time it takes the pixels to change state (or colour), and thus present a new image on the screen.

For example, 1ms g2g means that it takes 1 millisecond for a pixel to go from grey to white to grey.

Latency, also called Lag, or more correctly, Input Lag, is the time it takes your monitor to register your input.

So a 5ms input lag would mean that you press the "Reload" key on the keyboard, and 5 milliseconds later, the monitor shows the reload animation starting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_time_%28technology%29#Display_technologies

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

You are incorrect.

Response Time is the time it takes the pixels to change state (or colour), and thus present a new image on the screen.

For example, 1ms g2g means that it takes 1 millisecond for a pixel to go from grey to white to grey.

Latency, also called Lag, or more correctly, Input Lag, is the time it takes your monitor to register your input.

So a 5ms input lag would mean that you press the "Reload" key on the keyboard, and 5 milliseconds later, the monitor shows the reload animation starting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_time_%28technology%29#Display_technologies

Oh i see.

Thanks, i understand now. The names were what's throwing me off

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Oh i see.

Thanks, i understand now. The names were what's throwing me off

No worries. The literal meaning of each term is quite similar. It's only in the technical meaning that the differences start to become meaningful.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

It's a shame it wasn't 4k 60Hz because I would have prefered that. I might still wait a little longer to see hat happens because that is what I really want. Still Acer seems to be the leaders in new monitor tech at the moment. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Been looking at this one for a while now. Roll On The Reviews, I will be doing some serious reading when its out.  Certain website "not giving name" I goto in the UK is selling it for £689.99 ouch

for that price there better made of gold trimmings and have the winning numbers for the national lottery come on screen each week for me lol.

Been looking at this one for a while now. Roll On The Reviews, I will be doing some serious reading when its out.  Certain website "not giving name" I goto in the UK is selling it for £689.99 ouch

for that price there better made of gold trimmings and have the winning numbers for the national lottery come on screen each week for me lol.

It hasn't hit the stores yet, pre-order prices are always higher, when it's launched give it a month or two you'll see the prices dropping by quite a bit because of all the shops lowering their prices to stay competitive. 

A german store sells this for 750 eur (550£); https://www.alternate.de/Acer/Predator-XB270HUbprz-NVIDIA®-G-SYNC-LED-Monitor/html/product/1181210?campaign=Monitor/Acer/1181210

Just 50 eur more than the Swift.

It's a shame it wasn't 4k 60Hz because I would have prefered that. I might still wait a little longer to see hat happens because that is what I really want. Still Acer seems to be the leaders in new monitor tech at the moment. 

Doesn't Asus have that covered with their PG27AQ?

1st Build: Intel Core i7 4790K, Cooler Master Nepton 280L, ASUS Z97 Pro Wi-Fi AC, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2 x 8GB 1866MHz, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, Crucial MX100 256GB, Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, Seasonic SS760XP2, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro x64

Peripherals:  Audio Technica ATH-M50s + Antlion ModMic 4.0, Samsung S24D590L, Corsair M65 RGB

Other Devices: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, ASUS Vivotab Note 8.

Doesn't Asus have that covered with their PG27AQ?

Well yea but it hasn't been officially announced yet with pricing and specs. They just showed it at CES and said they are working on it. So we don't really know anything about the colour yet or any other things there might be to it. Besides it will probably cost lots of moneys.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It says DisplayPort 1.2, does that mean it will support Freesync, even if it's not official?

It says DisplayPort 1.2, does that mean it will support Freesync, even if it's not official?

i Think Freesync monitors have to implement software into the monitor and it only has G-sync software built-in, so no

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

No. FreeSync works via the DP 1.2a standard that is Adaptive-Sync.

Some current DP 1.2 monitors may be hypothetically Adaptive-Sync capable (meaning the built in scalar chip has the right set of specifications), but would require a firmware update.

So in practice, DP 1.2 means no Freesync.

i Think Freesync monitors have to implement software into the monitor and it only has G-sync software built-in, so no

Kinda. Freesync Monitors use the Adaptive-Sync protocol, which is a DisplayPort 1.2a (and higher) standard.

And all of a sudden I have decided what my next monitor will be.

Haha im still on 1280x1024

I just felt like I needed somthing here

Freesync requires DisplayPort 1.2a.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Haha im still on 1280x1024

Same here LOL

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

I have 2 ones not in use xD

Send them to me so i can take full advantage of my 980 

Send them to me so i can take full advantage of my 980 

I just got the 

WAIT

*looks around*

is it safe?

The 970

I just felt like I needed somthing here

Review from TFTCentral finished and posted: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/acer_xb270hu.htm

Input/display lag is a non-issue at around 3 ms.

As expected, it is one of THE monitors to have right now and may be for some time.

1st Build: Intel Core i7 4790K, Cooler Master Nepton 280L, ASUS Z97 Pro Wi-Fi AC, Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2 x 8GB 1866MHz, Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, Crucial MX100 256GB, Seagate Desktop HDD 3TB, Seasonic SS760XP2, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro x64

Peripherals:  Audio Technica ATH-M50s + Antlion ModMic 4.0, Samsung S24D590L, Corsair M65 RGB

Other Devices: Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga, ASUS Vivotab Note 8.

Acer ripping up the monitor market again. Good to see they're on a roll.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Inb4 it's gonna cost at least $900 for the ips one

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W