Acer announcing 1440p 144Hz Gsync monitor with IPS (Update: Reviewed)

Faa

This would be the perfect monitor, but god fucking damn it why did Acer decided having ugly ass red accents was a good idea?

I find "some" Acer products to be pretty solid..lol

Either way, the specs are what most of us are looking for. I'd want a 21:9 with a slight curve though xD

Here's hoping for better response times and Swift price plummets. :D

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Im happy for improvements.

But its not 21:9... 

I dont like claustrophobia

How on earth can you think 16:9 is "claustrophobic"?

Especially at 1440p/27 inches?

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

The red makes it go faster, any marketing person knows any gamer knows that.

It looks ugly as shit

All we asked for in one monitor finally coming ! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

But G-Sync!

GSync and Freesync works the same.. lol

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

According to this article the XG270HU has a IPS panel too. Maybe just a typo. But XG looks much better than the XB(ugly stand)

http://www.cnet.com/products/acer-xb270hu/

The say that the monitor eschews the IPS panel. Right under the photo. It seems they are making two different monitors. IPS for those without a budget, TN for those with a budget.

And you know something, Acer is undoubtedly the best monitor manufacturer in my eyes. They started the 144hz gaming frenzy and now they are taking hold of AVHC (form of IPS) to bring gamers what they really want. An IPS 144hz 1ms monitor. ASUS wasted time and money on a monitor that was only hyped with a TN panel and "overclocks" the monitor instead of making it switchable. Hello? If Acer can make TWO monitors with one having the same technology with switchable Hz and a second with IPS, I'm going to the Acer boat. I'm tired of ASUS being all fancy for gamers and not realistic with us. ROG should be for gamers and hear our cry. Instead, they did what we really didn't want. Thank you Acer!

Was gonna buy, then saw the frame is coloured. Nty. I like my monitor frames being black because I do not like to see them.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Was gonna buy, then saw the frame is coloured. Nty. I like my monitor frames being black because I do not like to see them.

I'm sure it will be VESA mount compatible. Just get a different stand. It's not THAT big of a deal.

New monitor decision has been made. I want that 144 Hz IPS monitor

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Sounds like my dream monitor....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I would buy one def it it wasn't worth a gazillion dollars tho :/