PNY gtx 670 vs Gigabyte 7950

H2hohoho

Which of these is the better buy when their only 10$ in difference after rebate?

$ 279.99 for PNY + free AC3 and $ 289.99 for 7950

Is the stock cooler on the 670 cool and quiet enough or would Gigabyte's aftermarket cooler and close enough performance be worth the 10$ more?

This is my first time build and I would like to play BF3, and my roster of RTS and MMO's.

Thanx

The 670 has as stock cooler and the 7950 has a custom cooler? As long as you're not overclocking too much the PNY sounds like better value. However blower fans can be very noisy, so if you want a quiet graphics card, go for the 7950. The performance is roughly the same since the release of AMD's 13.1 drivers.

I heard the 7950 had a lot of headroom for overclocking while the 670 was voltage locked, but which one would be the better performer or would they be still so close it wouldn't be a noticeable difference?

What's the benefits of the msi or evga, I just see them all having the same single fan shroud?

7950 with the new drivers is close to a 670 and overclocked it will run over the 670 in pretty much everything, plus the Gigabyte cooler works really well.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

would a gigabyte gtx 670 oc for $359.99 be worth the price jump in stead of the pny then?