Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Delusional Phil

Northen King's update and other silly questions

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello LTT forum members ,

An update on The Northen King itself : http://pcpartpicker.com/user/DelusionalPhil/saved/L2QhP6

Onto the questions :

+ Question 1 : Can a G3258 run GTX 970 without bottlenecking it ? 

+ Question  2 : Can I have UPS ship everything I bought from Amazon to Vietnam ? ( Because Amazon doesn't ship to Vietnam but UPS does )

+ Question 3 : What is CAS mean ?

+ Question 4 : I want to if ASUS GTX 970 STRIX is a better choice then a MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G ? Because in my country the ASUS are cheaper than MSI one .

+ Question 5 : If I'm not Video Editing ( Maybe in the future I might get interested in slight editing ) , would the I7 4790K be a waste ? ( I am interested in Hyper Threading )

+ Question 6 : Does the parts have any incompatibilities issue ?

+ Question 7 : Should I go for a Z97 with a G3258 and a MSI 970 for now and upgrade slowly into the future ? ( Rather than spending $2500 , that I don't have yet , on this PC and go for something practical and in budget - Which I don't even have - )

+ Question 8 : Does the build look to fit the colour scheme for you ? Is it aesthetically pleasing to you ? Do you consider this a great build for this price point ? 

+ Question 9 : Can anyone find me a better monitor ? ( Something that has more colour and still has 144Hz and 1080p )

+ Question 10 : Why 1080p you ask ? Because it's GTX 970 ... I don't want to risk the performance of going 1440p . What do you think ? It is worth it ?

+ Quesion 11 : How am I going to accumilate that much money ? ( I'm 16 years old, lived in Vietnam , more specifically Ho Chi Minh city , and I want to find a part time job in this year or the next year ) . I currently have about $100 .  I want to help my family with the debt problem first then I can carry on to the PC ( My family's debt is roughly $40 000+ , I want to help my parents first ... ) . 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I may aswell start at question 11

wait until you have money? its pointless looking at a PC now when you might not be able to afford it for a long time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I may aswell start at question 11

wait until you have money? its pointless looking at a PC now when you might not be able to afford it for a long time

I know ... I like to set goals so I can reach for that . Makes me feel more motivated and inspiring .

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I know ... I like to set goals so I can reach for that . Makes me feel more motivated and inspiring .

Which is awesome :) but by the time you get that amount of money, there will probably a new range of hardware out, that is what I meant :)

also dont bother with the g3258, better off getting a decent i5 for gaming

not sure about shipping it, is there nowhere local you can purchase hardware?

seems like a very expensive PC for somebody your age, why not get something much cheaper than can still do a decent job that you can afford sooner

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Which is awesome :) but by the time you get that amount of money, there will probably a new range of hardware out, that is what I meant :)

also dont bother with the g3258, better off getting a decent i5 for gaming

not sure about shipping it, is there nowhere local you can purchase hardware?

seems like a very expensive PC for somebody your age, why not get something much cheaper than can still do a decent job that you can afford sooner

- Thats why this is a continuing process , it's not gonna stomp is one place but will move a long with my age , by the time everything is financially settled , I will go straight for the build that I just update . This topic is like a learning course for me , I learn about what I lack the knowledge of and chosing hardware more wisely .

- Okay . Gotcha 

- There is a place but it doesn't have every part I need , for example , AIO water cooling ( I mentioned it in the ASUS question ) 

- Yeah . I thought of this before , maybe I'm very crazy ... Maybe I just go with G3258 + R9 270 for now ...

- Thats why this is a continuing process , it's not gonna stomp is one place but will move with my age , by the time everything is financially settled , I will go straight for the build that I just update . This topic is like a learning course for me , I learn about what I lack the knowledge of and chosing hardware more wisely .

- Okay . Gotcha 

- There is a place but it doesn't have every part I need , for example , AIO water cooling ( I mentioned it in the ASUS question ) 

- Yeah . I thought of this before , maybe I'm very crazy ... Maybe I just go with G3258 + R9 270 for now ...

Sounds good

the first thing you need to do is get some cash together :) then im sure we can all help you plan your build in more detail when we have a budget to work with

Sounds good

the first thing you need to do is get some cash together :) then im sure we can all help you plan your build in more detail when we have a budget to work with

Okay . Let me accumilate to $700 ( Or lower ) for now and then I think I should be fine . ( I have a AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ ~2.1Ghz btw , and my computer generally bluescreen If I use too much of my DDR3 ( Or is it DDR2 ) RAM . The computer is 9 years old now ...

- snip -

Thank you !

Last post before I go to sleep : Thank you so much for helping me with my questions and troubles . Good night all !