Asus be teasing [CES 2015]

ImBleu

So Asus uploaded this video accompanied with "Guess the hidden message". As it was uploaded only a few minutes ago there are not many guesses around the internet or in the comments but we can expect there to be in a few hours when more people have seen the video. Can anyone out there read morse code?

Any bold ideas as to what Asus is teasing? I think it might be some-sort of wearable, maybe VR based on the byline "See what others can't see", that's just my inner-VR fanboy though.

Additional Source: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/12/21/asus-teases-new-zenfone-unveiled-ces-saying-see-others-cant-see/ (Thanks @ahhming)

Appears the morse code is "Optical Zoom" (Thanks @Tagiau @EarthboundHero) so yea, a new phone with a fancy smanshy camera seems quite likely.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Anyone deciphered what the morse code says?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Anyone deciphered what the morse code says?

That's a really good idea actually. Too bad I can't read morse. 

Optical Zoom. It is morse code.

Now the real question is, what the fuck are they teasing. A new camera(has asus made camera's?) a new phone, or some weird thingy with a webcam.

Morse code. One sec. Optical Zoom.

Edit: Dammit, I got here before anyone else but forgot to click send. Just my luck xD.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

That's a really good idea actually. Too bad I can't read morse. 

The thumbnail says "OPTICAL ZOOM"

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

It's optical zoom in morse... they could have tried harder ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

LOL and i thought i was some genius, i guess it was really obvious.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Optical Zoom. It is morse code.

Now the real question is, what the fuck are they teasing. A new camera(has asus made camera's?) a new phone, or some weird thingy with a webcam.

^^

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

smartphone with optical zoom?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

smartphone with optical zoom?

Either that or they're making a Camera.

Maybe they are realeasing a good phone instead of the pad phone, to compete with Nexus, iPhone and Samsung? And putting a really OP camera to compete with Sony and Nokia???

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

They have released a series of videos the past couple of weeks showing the chassis of a phone, and the angles have been with an emphasis on the camera. So this is most likely the same device.

Here's one of them: 

Couldn't find the other ones posted, seems like they were hidden posts.

So.. a Zen phone with a good camera? Might be interesting.

Edit: Oh, this video seems to be in the additional sources above as well.

Cheers,

Linus

They have released a series of videos the past couple of weeks showing the chassis of a phone, and the angles have been with an emphasis on the camera. So this is most likely the same device.

Here's one of them: 

Couldn't find the other ones posted, seems like they were hidden posts.

So.. a Zen phone with a good camera? Might be interesting.

Interesting until they put a horrible Android skin on it, or put a shortcomming somewhere else. Personally I like Asus, but wouldn't own an Asus phone, they need to make their logo a bit more subtle and not like an inch big on the device. 

The morsecode on the thumbnail translates into "Optical Zoom" So I'm guessing they are either making a camera, most unlikely, or they are making one of their phones with a better camera, like the horrible excuse for the Samsung Galaxy Zoom series.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)