Dragon age inquisition opinions?

Latislapaloie

I was thinking about getting Dragon age inquisition, i've watched a couple of reviews on youtube, but i wanted to ask you guys, so if any of you played the game what are your thoughts on it? is it worth $39? have updates fixed any bugs/ added new things?

Very mixed reviews on this title. I'm interested as well...

80 hours played.....of coop

what is wrong with me, fun game though

i enjoyed it alot, alot of complaints come from there being a lot of shit to do thats a little boring, but if you just avoid being a completionist you can ignore alot of it. 

100 hours on playtime for me, still need to finish a second play through 

I was thinking about getting Dragon age inquisition, i've watched a couple of reviews on youtube, but i wanted to ask you guys, so if any of you played the game what are your thoughts on it? is it worth $39? have updates fixed any bugs/ added new things?

Really good game. Has some issues. Probably needed a bit more time. I would absolutely pick it up on sale. I don't regret pre-ordering the deluxe edition. 

Really good game. Has some issues. Probably needed a bit more time. I would absolutely pick it up on sale. I don't regret pre-ordering the deluxe edition. 

i enjoyed it alot, alot of complaints come from there being a lot of shit to do thats a little boring, but if you just avoid being a completionist you can ignore alot of it. 

100 hours on playtime for me, still need to finish a second play through 

oo thanks for the replies :D i guess i'll try it out, if i dont like it ican return it with that origin 72 hour thing i suppose

edit: i mean 24 hours

I have mixed feelings about it. (So far I'm halfway through it) 

It certainly does have a ton of content but most of it feels like fluff. I detest quests that are simply, "Find 20 of these items in the wilderness. We will highlight them on your map for you!". Unfortunately it seems like more than 80% of the side quests are of that flavor. When you do meet future companions you talk to them for 15 seconds before they pledge themselves to you just so the game doesn't keep you too long so you can go back to finding 20 pieces of iron for the inquisition. 

Nearly every quest involves closing x amount of rifts, finding a key in the wilderness to open a cabin, or finding x amounts of some material. Saying the game is 100 hours long because of this garbage doesn't count .

There is also very little usable loot I've noticed. Nearly everything I pick up is weaker than what I built at the beginning. And the companions are utterly uninteresting. To the point where I don't talk to any of them between quests. That's never happened with me in a Bioware game but I have zero interest in any of the characters in this game. Hell I've come close to kicking Sera out of the Inquisition based on how annoying she is. The only characters I talk to are the ones Origins introduced because those are the only ones fleshed out enough to be interesting. 

Animations suck. Especially in combat. You'll see the same 7 seconds over and over again as your character attacks. Combat could have definitely been improved. You do learn special moves, but again, in a long game you are going to get extremely sick of the exact same animation for hours of end. 

That said, I'm halfway through the game and will finish it. It's fun. But its not as good as Origins and certainly not as good as any of the Mass Effect games

I'm a first-time RPG player.  I've started with Inquisition.  I like it a lot.  I have only about 13 hours of playtime into it, but I'm plan on staying with it for a very long time.