Keyboard feet, to use or not to use?

HirgaLTTki

I don't use the feet on my keyboard. I found out that I „misstype“ much less for whatever reason. :D

MSI Z77MA-G45; Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz with stock cooler (75°C max. in Prime95); Corsiar Vengeance 2x4GB @ 1600MHz CL9; EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC 2GB GDDR5 @ stock; Samsung 840 120GB (15s boot time); WD Green 500GB; Corsair CX430; Corsair 350D; BenQ RL2455HM (best gaming 60Hz monitor); Logitech G400 mouse; Logitech K120 keyboard; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I always used the feet for my keyboards before I got my Ducky mechanical keyboard. Alot of mech keyboards are so high/thick that it sits in a similar position as a thinner membrane keyboard would with its feet down. Atleast that is my take on it. :)

Using the feet on my ducky would bring it up too high for me.

(Comming soon)

If you type alot, why would you need to look at the keyboard? you should know where everything is....

Always feet down for me in anycase.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I never use the keyboard feet.
I don't see why it would be better to force your hands at an uncomfortable angle.
Having the keyboard feets off, your hands will be flat with your arms.

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig

After a few days of lowering the feet, my personal conclusion is that feet or no feet, there is not much of a difference. My keyboard is curved towards me too

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

That makes sense, the most comfortable keyboard I've ever used is the Microsoft Natural 4000 series where it is tilted in the front instead of the back. I only wish someone would make one like that with mechanical key switches... for less than $300 I mean.

I use an IBM Model M now, it's pretty comfortable actually, but I miss my windows key... and no, I don't have the legs up since I don't need to look at the letters :D

I just shoved a folded magazine under the front of my keyboard and it was the best thing ever. I'm going to have to find some sort of thing I can stick under the keyboard to function as a permanent way to prop-up the front of the keyboard.

Feet up , not sure why but it feels more comfortable to me.. Or maybe I'm just used to it .

Whenever I use the keyboard feet, my wrists start hurting. So I prefer not to use them.

I find it more comfortable to use the feet

Aselwyn1

I've only ever used them once, then I got angry, smashed my fists down and whoops, broken feet. So I haven't bothered after that since I'm bound to get angry once in a while and the feet are always flimsy plastic shite that are prone to break.

Feet up for me.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

I find having the feet up on my keyboard more stressful on my wrists.

As EricX2 said, the most comfortable position for me is to have the front slightly raised instead of the back but keyboards with this feature are pretty rare and often they overdo it.

I find having the feet up on my keyboard more stressful on my wrists.

As EricX2 said, the most comfortable position for me is to have the front slightly raised instead of the back but keyboards with this feature are pretty rare and often they overdo it.

hmm yea.. tried shoving a pen under my keyboard and it works well, but its harder to reach the function keys

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes