Keyboard feet, to use or not to use?

HirgaLTTki

So I read this article on Lifehacker:

http://lifehacker.com/leave-your-keyboard-feet-folded-in-for-better-ergonomic-514381372?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

Apparently the keyboard feet were not designed for ergonomic purposes, but for ease of others looking at the keys on the keyboard! I was like  :o  when I read that as i always thought that the feet were for ergonomic purposes! Personally, i leave keyboard feet up as I would be pressing on the crtl keys while typing which is annoying. Just wanted to share this with you guys and do share if you use the keyboard feet or not!

I can still see the keys with my KB feet down as i sit quite high up due to:

ergonomicsbetter.jpg

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Never knew it was for easier viewing. I personally have feet on the other end of the keyboard though, which I do believe is more ergonomic.

WHAT!! well I still use my keyboard feet for ergonomic purposes...

I never use the keyboard feet - it's actually more comfortable without them up I reckon.

I always had my feet down :P

I'll try typing with my feet down for a few days and see if there is a good or bad difference....

That makes sense, the most comfortable keyboard I've ever used is the Microsoft Natural 4000 series where it is tilted in the front instead of the back. I only wish someone would make one like that with mechanical key switches... for less than $300 I mean.

I use an IBM Model M now, it's pretty comfortable actually, but I miss my windows key... and no, I don't have the legs up since I don't need to look at the letters :D

In my opinion I can still see the keys with the feet down as i am sitting quite high up above my desk to ensure my feet touches the ground properly

ergonomicsbetter.jpg

I have no problem seeing my keys either way but it is definitely way more comfortable to use my keyboard with the feet up. My guess is that this was the initial intention but then companies used feet for ergonomic purposes too. Also I don't think this belongs in news :P.

I have no problem seeing my keys eiither way but it is definitely way more comfortable to use my keyboard with the feet up. My guess is that this was the initial intention but then companies used feet for ergonomic purposes too. Also I don't think this belongs in news :P.

Its in the news (Partially?) 

For me it feels more confy to use a keyboard with the feet up, I really love the angle and it makes the numbers easier to reach imo.

It could also be due to the fact that I use a taller keyboard(Quickfire TK) so a wrist rest might help.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I always thought those feet are for easier viewing and I would always have the feet up the moment I use the keyboard. :)

Looks like someone keeps up with /r/MechanicalKeyboards!

Wow, I never thought of it that way. I was always mad at my school when someone would take just one of the feet, so I had to make a choice.

Main Rig:  FX-8320 || EVGA 650 Ti BOOST || AsRock 970 Extreme3 || Corsair 800D || 8 Gb Crucial Ballistix || Antec HCG 520M || Noctua NH-D14
LAN Party Rig: FX-4100 || EVGA 550 Ti || ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS || Cooler Master 430 Elite || 4 Gb Corsair Vengeance || Antec HCG 400 || Cooler Master Gemin 2 
Staples EasyTech Associate since September, 2013

Wow, I never thought of it that way. I was always mad at my school when someone would take just one of the feet, so I had to make a choice.

Haha same thing here too. Damn guys who pluck out one of the feet

I never use my keyboard feet, I hate how angled the keys get. It is a mechanical keyboard, so the keys angle up enough anyways.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

I never use my keyboard feet, I hate how angled the keys get. It is a mechanical keyboard, so the keys angle up enough anyways.

ahahah your profile pic xD

ahahah your profile pic xD

ty :D Quite like it myself.

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

Just tried it without the feet up and it felt awkward and harder to reach the top row.

I'll stick with using the feet.

For me sadly I can't live with out keyboard feet. I've used them for asking as I could remember and a while ago I tried my mechanical keyboard with the feet down and I hated it instantly.

No matter what keyboard I try I can't stand them with out feet. Its weird I know!

Here is where I would keep my frolics if I had any.

I use my feet for walking so like my keyboard feet which i use because it's more comfortable.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard