Schiit Fulla - Review

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by Guest Kloaked,

I have the updated FiiO E10K, how was the sound between the two roughly?

Minus the bass boost switch, pretty much the same only the Fiio E10 has more juice to put out - it can properly power higher impedance headphones. The Fulla wasn't made to power high impedance headphones. The highest impedance headphones I own are HD280's at 64ohms and the Fulla powers it nicely.

I liked for the sauce....

Sorry to hear about your bad unit.

It should be interesting to read if and how they resolve your problem.

Good luck.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I liked for the sauce....

Sorry to hear about your bad unit.

It should be interesting to read if and how they resolve your problem.

Good luck.

Just sent them the email, so we'll see how it goes. I may post the entire conversation in an edit.

Minus the bass boost switch, pretty much the same only the Fiio E10 has more juice to put out - it can properly power higher impedance headphones. The Fulla wasn't made to power high impedance headphones. The highest impedance headphones I own are HD280's at 64ohms and the Fulla powers it nicely.

Ah awesome, thanks for that input! I was considering getting a Fulla eventually just to try it out, but it seems my E10K has no worries.

Just sent them the email, so we'll see how it goes. I may post the entire conversation in an edit.

Hey I just bought this thing. Now to wait for it in the mail. I bought it because my Fiio E10k woulden't work with my MacBook. Hopefully mine dosent act up like what yours has done. But I kinda bought it for the same reason...needed it to power Beyerdyanamic Dt 990's and to support an American company. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Hey I just bought this thing. Now to wait for it in the mail. I bought it because my Fiio E10k woulden't work with my MacBook. Hopefully mine dosent act up like what yours has done. But I kinda bought it for the same reason...needed it to power Beyerdyanamic Dt 990's and to support an American company. 

It should power it because I have my knob on about 30% just for my HD280's and I listen to music louder than I should be.

It should power it because I have my knob on about 30% just for my HD280's and I listen to music louder than I should be.

Well what's this I'm hearing about them having to recall the Fulla because of it being defective? Why are they still selling them if they're still defective? Mine better not be when it gets to me...

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Well what's this I'm hearing about them having to recall the Fulla because of it being defective? Why are they still selling them if they're still defective? Mine better not be when it gets to me...

I think the ones they're currently selling are the fixed ones - mine was ordered a few weeks ago I think which was the window with the issue. There was a defect with the pots they were using and I think I may have gotten a defective one, which is what I'm trying to figure out. I'm not well versed in this type of thing so I'm relying on the Schiit tech to know if it is based on my issue.

If it is defective when you get it, they have a good policy on returns and repairs/exchanges.

I think the ones they're currently selling are the fixed ones - mine was ordered a few weeks ago I think which was the window with the issue. There was a defect with the pots they were using and I think I may have gotten a defective one, which is what I'm trying to figure out. I'm not well versed in this type of thing so I'm relying on the Schiit tech to know if it is based on my issue.

If it is defective when you get it, they have a good policy on returns and repairs/exchanges.

That's good. I need an amp that is both compatible with Mac and Windows. I just hope I get what I pay for this time...sorry you didn't :(

Try using Foobar with WASAPI plugin. It might cure the clicking problem (I'm guessing it's jitter problem).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/737642/fulla-by-schiit-news-photos-thoughts-impressions-etc/210#post_11107225

it's even worse than that, some of the early units have the wrong part installed in the DAC.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

http://www.head-fi.org/t/737642/fulla-by-schiit-news-photos-thoughts-impressions-etc/210#post_11107225

it's even worse than that, some of the early units have the wrong part installed in the DAC.

That's been fixed since a few weeks ago and the people receiving the defective units have gotten emails from Schiit support letting them know.

My issue is completely different and unrelated to the oscillator issue mentioned in the thread.

Whoa, I don't know whether to be glad that I'd canceled my Schiit Fulla order a while back. But then, crap like a defective unit here and there happens to the best of 'em sometimes. Anyway, I'll be joining the Schiitty club with a Lyr in a couple of weeks' time.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2